Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

`Why do we have to put up with posters coming up with this sort of spin on posts?

Rather than posting that nonsense it would have been much more beneficial to have informed us as to why having arguments on racism with your older relatives influenced you to vote leave.  My post was made sincerely.

TVF is a broad church with a broad range of opinions. Yourself and Transam are respected posters who's opinions I generally agree with on most topics. On this topic, we disagree, although I still am interested in and respect your opinion.

It's a bit saddening that you are trying to make it personal.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, aright said:

What's more interesting imo is why you hate the UK so much.

You constantly accentuate the negative, which sows division in plain view of our EU antagonists and actively delight in bad news for the UK.

Your posts pull for the UK's collapse economically, diplomatically and financially. That is anathema to Remainers because it makes no sense. Why do you care more about being proven right (in your own estimation) than the welfare of the UK?

Why do you hate the UK so much that you actively want Brexit to fail?

Brexit wont happen so the UK still has a chance to thrieve,if it werent for the vote and the resulting chaos the country would of been catching up germany ecomomically which iam sure would be most welcome to you brexiteers,i dont hate the UK but there are much better places around just ask the owl and teddy,they love it up in issan living under the military junta.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Unlike you, I debated the subject before the referendum, and being unsure - decided not to vote.

As mentioned previously, the vitriol of remainers and the duplicity of MPs has resulted in my voting leave in any future referendum.

We were similar then i would vote remain given another chance

1 hour ago, transam said:

Even if you are right I would rather listen to old folk who went through a lot than the iPhone brigade......Are you a member of the iPhone brigade...?

I'm not sure what you hope to learn from old folk these days. 

Anyone in the age group 60-90 has lived their adult lives through decades of full employment, the availability of welfare and student grants - if they didn't go to university they almost certainly had access to free first class apprenticeships - Real apprenticeships and a job when they had served their time.

If they bought a house in which to raise a family they got tax relief on their mortgage and have benefitted from house price inflation, if they had a half decent job (and are not stupid) they'll have a defined benefit pension and for those who didn't buy a home all of the above was available to them plus affordable rents. 

The very people who lived their lives through years of plenty stiffing the young. 

Time to listen to what the young have to say.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

I think what you - in your somewhat fevered imagination - believe to be the REAL world, is not.
You did indeed get up and are walking around, but you believe Rangers won the Premier league.
You are still dreaming, I expect there is an orange walk going on somewhere in the dream background, and Britain still has an empire. 
I hope you carry on enjoying this dream, while it lasts!

Please..please..go an make an appointment with a shrink.
Rangers?.orange walk?..
Yip..I support Rangers..orange walk..I would BAN every so called religious march/demo in the UK.
I gave up " religion approx. 53 years ago..as I realised I do not need a " crutch " to see me thro my life!!!
Rangers..my team..I dislike all the tribal chants..but I went to Ibrox to watch the FOOTBALL!!
"Fevered imagination..dear oh dear..can someone please phone the " white coat squad "
Ps..I come from a " mixed religious " family.
They knew that I did not give a " toss " re their beliefs.
Now..do your best to have a lovely day.
Pps..I also have a soft spot for Everton and West Ham.
Also..I admire Barca re their style of footie..but Malaga ARE my Spanish team.
Cheers old boy

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Link doesn't work for me.

However, another interesting fact that I learned only yesterday is that 65% of Labour voters (primarily working class) voted remain.

The Labour party has let it's electorate down badly by not strongly backing the remain campaign. It will cost them.
I sincerely hope so[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'm not sure what you hope to learn from old folk these days. 

Anyone in the age group 60-90 has lived their adult lives through decades of full employment, the availability of welfare and student grants - if they didn't go to university they almost certainly had access to free first class apprenticeships - Real apprenticeships and a job when they had served their time.

If they bought a house in which to raise a family they got tax relief on their mortgage and have benefitted from house price inflation, if they had a half decent job (and are not stupid) they'll have a defined benefit pension and for those who didn't buy a home all of the above was available to them plus affordable rents. 

The very people who lived their lives through years of plenty stiffing the young. 

Time to listen to what the young have to say.

Of course we should listen to the young, It must be wonderful to be seventeen again and to know everything.  My own meme tackles the problem from the other end...……….. you are never too old to become younger.

• Like 2

Old folks were influenced by generations of racist xenophobia. back in the fifties, the British were incredibly vocal with their racism. My grandmother, on my mother's side, would only refer to my father as "that international". We went to live in a Yorkshire pit village when I was a toddler and my father was openly referred to as "the bloody foreigner". At school, I was referred to as "the son of the bloody foreigner".

Racism in that generation (what's left of it) remains strong, and as I illustrated before, racism, for many, is what Brexit is all about.
Please give me YOUR definition if racism..don't worry..I am not a grass re the Mods

56 minutes ago, bomber said:

Brexit wont happen so the UK still has a chance to thrieve,if it werent for the vote and the resulting chaos the country would of been catching up germany ecomomically which iam sure would be most welcome to you brexiteers,i dont hate the UK but there are much better places around just ask the owl and teddy,they love it up in issan living under the military junta.

Catching up Germany economically - inside the EU - right.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Generally accepted by remainers you mean?

Why would you say that? The statistics generally favour the Brexit argument. Or do you only want to accept the statistics that favour your argument and reject the ones that disagree with your argument?

32 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why would you say that? The statistics generally favour the Brexit argument. Or do you only want to accept the statistics that favour your argument and reject the ones that disagree with your argument?

All the YouGov "polls" I ever looked at seemed to show results favouring remain, especially pre referendum. So I take them with a pinch of salt, a bit like political promises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You obviously didn't live in the UK in the 1970s and early 1980s or maybe you were just from a posh area and I am not judging. The working class in many areas were decimated. Industries destroyed. hmmmm can you see a correlation there? When did the UK join the EU!

I can see a correlation.

In the late 70s the working class voted for a right wing Tory PM who stiffed the working class.

In 2016 a large part of the working class voted for a Brexit that was bank rolled by right wing Tories.

And once again the working class are getting stiffed.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So what has that to do with the UK and the EU. If you were British you would understand. I am sure a google search will help.

If you know your history the Labour party stuffed the working class way before the Conservatives in the 1970's.

It’s a correlation.

The working class backing the Tories stiffing the working class.

In the 80s asset stripping industry.

in 2016 Brexit.

Doff ya cap lad.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which is why you are so troubled by the threat their votes pose to your Brexit.

Calm down.  We all know, or at least should now realise, that in 1 years time all these arguments will be forgotten as by then a 2nd referendum will have been undertaken resulting in the revocation of article 50.  The extremist fringe of Rees-Mogg/Farage etc will still be mouthing it off to anybody who cares to listen, and yes even TV members,  but with the UK safely within the EU for ever and the pound again regaining strength anybody who really matters will be happy.  So calm down, you know and I know what will ultimately happen so just let the loonies/extremists/uneducated/Brexitteers and any combination of the foregoing have their day and allow them to voice their opinion. No one listens to their extremist arguments anyway so why lower yourself to their level ?

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 2