Strict surveillance of water-war zones, ‘safe’ splashing from pickups will be allowed

webfact

RE - Strict surveillance of water-war zones, ‘safe’ splashing from pickups will be allowed

How can it ever be safe on a overcrowded pic-up by reducing the splash ...? ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“Revellers can ride on and splash waster [sic] from pickup trucks’ cargo beds

The new formula to maintain the holiday death toll!  The original concept for Songkran may have been valid but, as with most public holidays, it has become commercialized and is now out of control.  Where is my water cannon?

Edited by Prairieboy
puncuation
  • Like 1

And as another poster noted, no "official" care re: over-loaded pickups  or enforcing traffic violation? Once a third world country, always a third world country. Leaders must have a distinct vision to stop the carnage on the roads...must have a vision to restore confidence in tourism as a whole....must underscore that tourism is the bread and butter for survival with Thai citizens in those tourist spots....I could go on and on, but I get winded "hoping" that eyes will finally open and somehow those in authority have an IQ over 80.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Last people I would tell if I was on holiday.

You are right but I am sure the police are cunning enough to keep at arm's length from any actual burglaries.

Selling the lists of vacant homes to the highest bidder would be a safer option. Lists of vacant homes in affluent areas would attract a premium.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Revellers can ride on and splash waster from pickup trucks’ cargo beds, provided that it is done appropriately, safely and without imposing a risk of road accidents,” he explained.

Define safely and appropriately. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

POLICE YESTERDAY laid out security measures for the upcoming Songkran holidays,

Which will be totally ignored by the populous who will do what the hell they want, where they want, when they want !

2 hours ago, owenm said:

"And to not sell alcoholic beverages to those under 18 years"

The legal age in Thailand is 20yrs.. Can't believe the authorities don't know what the legal age is here.. Unbelievable.. TIT.. 

I'm pretty sure you can buy from a shop at 18, the legal age for drinking in licensed

premises is 20.

• Confused 1

....splash water from the cargo beds of pickup trucks “appropriately and safely”.

A: "It's not safe to ride around in pickup trucks having drunken water fights.  People get hurt and killed every year."
B: "You're right.  We'll just do it 'Nit Noi' this year."

A:  "Kah."

B:  "Glad we cleared that up.  Let's take a photo."

Edited by Jadam

The __________ that use those spray guns made from 1.5 inch PVC pipe should get a yr in jail.

I love a good time just like many, but then can shoot a powerful stream of water a good 10 meters and capable of causing injury and the dumb _________ using them will shoot u inthe face with them even if you are riding motorbike.

One yr in Pattaya I wanted to go back there beat the ________ that shot me in the face and chest with one loaded with ice water but I know I would have gotten the worst of it.

Songkran is really meant to gently dump a small container if water over the shoulder ofa person, not the nitwit antics that go on.

I lived here 14 yrs and inly gone to Songkran twice and no intention of attending another.

We usually leave Thailand from 12-20

3 hours ago, owenm said:

"And to not sell alcoholic beverages to those under 18 years"

The legal age in Thailand is 20yrs.. Can't believe the authorities don't know what the legal age is here.. Unbelievable.. TIT.. 

Have mercy - the law was changed back in 2008 raising the age from 18 to 20 so not that easy to remember ... :whistling: