Michelle Williams left ‘paralysed’ after co-star Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million compared to her $1,000

snoop1130

Michelle Williams left ‘paralysed’ after co-star Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million compared to her $1,000

by Rebecca Lewis

SEI_59605974.jpg

Michelle was left ‘paralyzed by feeling of futility’  (Picture: Getty)

Michelle Williams has revealed that she was left ‘paralysed’ after discovering how little she was paid compared to Mark Wahlberg for All The Money In The World reshoots.

Speaking with members of the Democratic Women’s Caucus to mark Equal Pay Day on 2 April, the Oscar-winning actress said she was ‘paralysed in feelings of futility’ after discovering she was paid $1,000 (£739) compared to Mark’s $1.5 million (£1.1 million).

‘In late 2017, the news broke that I’d been paid less than $1,000 compared to the $1.5 million that my male counterpart had received for the exact same amount of work,’ she said.

‘And guess what, no one cared.

Full Story: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/michelle-williams-left-paralyzed-discovering-pay-gap-co-star-mark-wahlberg-9100038/

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Guess what, why the hell do u even take a job for 1000, learn to negotiate yourself.... 

I'm guessing if the blew off doing the required reshooting her chances of working again in the film industry would approach zero.      Directors would likely keep her at arms distance.

• Like 1

Perhaps Marky engaged in, umm, intimate encounters with the right people.  I always figured  his talents lie off-screen.  He even bragged that he got a certain movie role because of the size of his, err, roll.

She is actually a fair actress, perhaps she was silly enough to think that success in show biz is based on merit.

But yeah, she needs a better agent.

from the metro article:

When the news broke, Mark donated the fee to the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund in Michelle’s name.

Alongside this pledge, WME – who represented both Michelle and Mark – also donated $500,000 (£379,000) to the same cause.

what crap!

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 1

Old news and Mark Wahlberg donated the 1.5 million to some women's group charity. Up to him I suppose. As for her I have no respect. The first thing she should have done is fire her agent for incompetence and contacted Whalberg's agent for representation. Then move forward from there 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Best know perhaps as a long term partner of Heath Ledger, with whom she had a daughter.

She once played Marilyn Munroe in a film and has appeared in Baywatch.

Her changed appearance over the years has probably contributed to her lower salaries.

255px-Michelle_Williams_(Berlinale_2010).jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Listen up, the world ain't fair. To some $1,000 would be a fortune.

Anyway, who is she, has she been a lead actor in a film, does she get people paying to see movies because of her?

I don't particularly like Wahlberg after the Ted films, but I'm sure loads of people go to see his movies. 

This is just some woman moaning that she should be paid more because ( enter own reason/s ).

If she wanted equal pay to men, go nursing or suchlike.