Junta gets flak for sedition charge against Thanathorn

webfact

2 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Here we go again. The leopard never changes its spots.

Well it does actually. 

Singha beer celebrates a lion, the phantastical lion.

Leo beer ( being Leo the Lion.) celebrates the leopard. (Leo the leopard)

By some convoluted reasoning, the leopard changed its spots.

You work it out. lol

Cheers

2 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

I disagree with most of your post. Children are raised in conformist school environments.

It is the parents that are influencing the opinions, they are saying that change must happen and the children are listening.

In my small village and many others, not one vote counted.

My wife cautions me not to speak my mind even though she agrees with me.

The thing is that the children know what a sham everything is, from top to bottom.

We are too old now but the young may have some sway 

what do children have to do  with this vote just taken place,?  They did not vote, are you a member of the electoral commission?

That you can make the statement " not one vote counted and many others " did you spend your day driving to these villages to view who voted ? and while you where on route to such villages, did you leave a camera in situ to view non voters while you were absent from that particular village?

and did you do this in every village you ventured to? did you go and look all day and actually watch who voted?

Obviously you can have your opinion, but your  context is very lacking on the subject matter,

• Sad 1

...the fundamental sham is that this guy is doing anything....'for the people'....

...only an *d*ot cannot see whose bidding he is really doing....

...the perfect candidate....his billions are not enough.....sound familiar.....???

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Lets see how this works out an other hideous action of the junta, so far this guy is the most clean of them all. Putting his money in a blind trust something no other leader has ever done. 

They are running scared because if he gets even bigger next time he might make some changes that are not good for the army and that would hurt them in their pockets.

Shame on the junta, but it was expected. If I ever saw a thumped up charge its this one. They are sinking really low. I have no problem with actual crimes but this is nothing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the Army commander denounced foreign-educated individuals for bringing their extreme leftist ideology to topple the constitutional monarchy regime.

Hope the Thai Army does not have to fight a war. With a commander who cannot think outside of "the square", they're likely to lose, IMHO. ????

I would think that the vast majority of Thais want to keep their Royalty! They are the figurehead, represent the nation and Thai people are proud of them.

In a strong statement, the Army commander denounced foreign-educated individuals for bringing their extreme leftist ideology to topple the constitutional monarchy regime. The message, according to political observers, was a direct attack on the Future Forward Party for its popular movement against the junta.

Don't you just love a general talking constitutional as the cocks gather at the hen house????

5 hours ago, champers said:

The already dim illusion that political life will be free and fair being extinguished. Shameful.

Excerpt from the lyrics of a song that describes the situation very well:

Call It Democracy

Bruce Cockburn

Padded with power here they come
International loan sharks backed by the guns
Of market hungry military profiteers
Whose word is a swamp and whose brow is smeared
With the blood of the poor

Who rob life of its quality
Who render rage a necessity
By turning countries into labour camps
Modern slavers in drag as champions of freedom

See the paid off local bottom feeders
Passing themselves off as leaders
Kiss the ladies, shake hands with the fellows
And it's open for business like a cheap bordello

And they call it democracy...
And they call it democracy...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Regretting your support for the junta yet or are we still playing the Thaksin whataboutery game?

I have not been supporting the junta for a long time, and i still don't support Thaksin I place him next to the junta in a group of people who are crooks and damaging for the country. 

Is it hard for you to to wrap your mind around the fact that people can be anti Thaksin and anti junta ? Been years and years since i supported the junta, but I am still anti Thaksin too. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2