Retirement Extension at Chonburi (Jomtien) Immigration Today

No need of owner coming with you, or tabian ban to prove your address ?

water or electricity or Internet bill enough ? why Jomien always ask to come back the day after ? other immigrations do the job always the same day, no need to come back 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well done !   it's not stressfull if you have all your ducks in a row.

Just shows how they don,t give a hoot about letters being legit, not saying your,s was not . No questions, back up docs etc, thanks for jack Oz Emabassy!

• Like 1

I find Jomtien to be quite good when doing Extensions - so long as you have all your paperwork ready from the get go.

Not sure why they keep the passport overnight, especially when you are one of the first to be processed in the morning. Maybe it takes time to check some things out (i.e. comparing your application to last year's, checking your passport out, etc) and they figure you probably don't want to sit there for 2/3/4+ hours while they do that.

As for the address verification - I used to use a photocopy of the address portion of a couple of utility bills as well (and brought the originals with me just in case) and then a couple years ago the IO told me I could also just use my Thai driver's license. The next year I took both (photocopy of the bills and photocopy of the front/back of my license. They kept both copies.

Last time I just used the photocopy of my driver's license and they were fine with that.

Someone should make a separate topic noting the upcoming closures for the Jomtien office. Otherwise there will be the usual flood of the "I didn't know they were going to be closed and I waited until the last moment to go there and now I'm late (reporting/extending/whatever) and what can I do about it ?" posts that always seem to follow such closures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same same last month,

Ambassador approved Income approval, Renting Contract of the house and the usual documents plus photos.

In and out 45 minutes, pick up passport in the afternoon 13:00 - 14:00 

friendly and quick without any hassle.

Much appreciated service.. 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:48 AM, Aforek said:

No need of owner coming with you, or tabian ban to prove your address ?

water or electricity or Internet bill enough ? why Jomien always ask to come back the day after ? other immigrations do the job always the same day, no need to come back 

Perhaps it is his own place so none of that required. I also just supply my latest phone bill. Jomtiem process you quickly but a lot of the work gets done in a back room and maybe they get a bit of overtime. They do a lot more retirement extensions than other offices, I can live with going back the next day despite it being a 25km round trip.....  I am usually so relieved I still leave happy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Not sure why they keep the passport overnight, especially when you are one of the first to be processed in the morning.

Which presumably means that, if you're stopped for a BIB ID check while out on the town during this overnight period, you're liable to find yourself in deep, deep doo-dah??

• Sad 3

Just now, OJAS said:

Which presumably means that, if you're stopped for a BIB ID check while out on the town during this overnight period, you're liable to find yourself in deep, deep doo-dah??

Unless you do something to get their attention (drunk driving, pick a fight or skip a bar-bill) this is extremely unlikely. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Why that?

Expats usually don't have their passport with them, so it changes nothing.

In case of a BIB check, you just show your Thai Driving License. :cool:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I have lived here for 13 years and never once been asked to produce my passport by the BiB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kimchibob said:

Went back at 13:15 today and pp was ready with new Retirement Extension stamp; IO took picture; had copy made of new extension stamp (฿3); attached copy to TM8 and other supporting documentation; went to front desk and got queue number for desk no. 2...number called immediately; sat down and handed in TM8, supporting docs, and ฿3800; waited for 10 min and number was called again; collected pp with new Multiple Reentry Permit and exited the building at 13:45. Total processing time was 30 min. Not bad considering that TI is closed on Monday. Cost was ฿1900 for Retirement Extension, ฿3800 for Multiple Reentry Permit, ฿3 for copy, ฿40 for four baht bus rides, ฿200 (estimated) for electricity/paper/ink for home copier/printer, and ฿34 for two Coke Zeroes. Total = ฿5977.

For the amount of people at Jomtien they do give a good service, never had a problem but some advice they give can change from one person to another

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I have lived here for 13 years and never once been asked to produce my passport by the BiB.

Similar except when driving up near border areas, and that was some years back. Nevertheless I have copies on the phone. Certainly don't want the passport in my pocket when out on the razz in Pattaya, I usually leave CCs, bank cards and driving licences at home too then!

Edited by jacko45k

No surprise they did confirm back in either November or December that income affidavits would be accepted for six months after the date of completion.  I remember back then no one seemed to want to believe that for some reason.  

But people better be prepared for after the income affidavits are phased out after about probably June this year and start transferring monthly income into a Thai bank account.  The income affidavits only have about two more months validity three months tops at best so it’s time to be prepared and do the monthly wire transfers into your Thai bank account every month to be prepared for that.  

Kerryd I think you have answered Kimchibob's question about why they keep your passport until the next day.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me that they do that but maybe I wouldn't feel the same if I were not local to Jomtien.

done my "retirement "extension,  as stated all easy with the correct paperwork however I noted my 90 day reporting was due April 30th so I crossed over and asked if I still had to do this as I was there and just reported/done my new visa !  Answer was that these are separate and would have to go back and report 30th April !     Can't understand why all this is not linked in the computer so that whenever I complete / do documentation in person at an immigration office that the 90 day is not automatically updated to 90 days from that visit ???  would make life a lot easier !! just shows how one part of immigration is not inter-connected to another !

1 hour ago, Jim7777 said:

No surprise they did confirm back in either November or December that income affidavits would be accepted for six months after the date of completion.  I remember back then no one seemed to want to believe that for some reason.  

But people better be prepared for after the income affidavits are phased out after about probably June this year and start transferring monthly income into a Thai bank account.  The income affidavits only have about two more months validity three months tops at best so it’s time to be prepared and do the monthly wire transfers into your Thai bank account every month to be prepared for that.  

income affidavits will be good up to June. 

Edited by malibukid

42 minutes ago, murraynz said:

do i still have to do a tm30 /90 day report -- if i leave thailand each 90 days then return../???

im on a non o multi entry retirement ext. and live in my own condo.

It would be helpful if you tell us what immigrations office you use. The rules are often specific to a particular office.  Besides, a 90 day report is only required if you remain in country for 90 consecutive days. A TM 30 is to report residence at a particular location.  At my immigrations office they only want a TM30 if you leave and re-enter Thailand...also it's required to accomplished by the owner of the residence--which in this case is you.

9 hours ago, Jen65 said:

done my "retirement "extension,  as stated all easy with the correct paperwork however I noted my 90 day reporting was due April 30th so I crossed over and asked if I still had to do this as I was there and just reported/done my new visa !  Answer was that these are separate and would have to go back and report 30th April !     Can't understand why all this is not linked in the computer so that whenever I complete / do documentation in person at an immigration office that the 90 day is not automatically updated to 90 days from that visit ???  would make life a lot easier !! just shows how one part of immigration is not inter-connected to another !

Logic and simplicity does not apply here......:whistling:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mosan said:

It would be helpful if you tell us what immigrations office you use. The rules are often specific to a particular office.  Besides, a 90 day report is only required if you remain in country for 90 consecutive days. A TM 30 is to report residence at a particular location.  At my immigrations office they only want a TM30 if you leave and re-enter Thailand...also it's required to accomplished by the owner of the residence--which in this case is you.

i live in pattaya area {jomtien imm }..at this stage, i dont stay in thailand longer than 90 days..