In unprecedented move, U.S. names Iran's Revolutionary Guards a terrorist group

webfact

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I read it. Seems to be a reasonable counterpoint to US media propaganda. 

I won't even read Iranian regime propaganda. If others want to, fine, but I thought it was very sleazy to include it as a mystery link. If it had been spelled out as in Press TV then most people know that is Iranian regime controlled propaganda. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You link to Iranian regime propaganda without labeling it as such and you don't understand? OK. That makes sense.

Aren't all news agencies propaganda of some regime or another? I dont know whats so special about this link...???

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I won't even read Iranian regime propaganda. If others want to, fine, but I thought it was very sleazy to include it as a mystery link. If it had been spelled out as in Press TV then most people know that is Iranian regime controlled propaganda. 

I am sorry to tell you I meant NOTHING sleazy to include that link, and whats the mystery about it? Please take note that I dont go down to the 'sleazy' level under ANY circumstances. Thank you.

And Wikipedia says this Press TV

Edited by ravip
Add
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ravip said:

I am sorry to tell you I meant NOTHING sleazy to include that link, and whats the mystery about it? Please take note that I dont go down to the 'sleazy' level under ANY circumstances. Thank you.

There are certain notorious "news" sources that are fully controlled by authoritarian governments. Informed people know what those are. Press TV is fully controlled by the Iranian regime Russia Today is fully controlled by Putin's Russian dictatorship. In short -- they are 100 percent propaganda. I think it's sleazy to post links to garbage sources like that CONCEALING what they are. If you had included the actual link that said Press TV, that would be different. The way you did it, I clicked on it and was totally disgusted that I got tricked into opening a Press TV item. Understand now? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

There are certain notorious "news" sources that are fully controlled by authoritarian governments. Informed people know what those are. Press TV is fully controlled by the Iranian regime Russia Today is fully controlled by Putin's Russian dictatorship. In short -- they are 100 percent propaganda. I think it's sleazy to post links to garbage sources like that CONCEALING what they are. If you had included the actual link that said Press TV, that would be different. The way you did it, I clicked on it and was totally disgusted that I got tricked into opening a Press TV item. Understand now? 

No!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ravip said:

No!

Then I can't help you at this point. I've explained it clearly. You tricked me into clicking on a Press TV link that I would never have clicked on if you included it with a spelled out link. I posted about it to warn others not to click on your CONCEALED source link if they don't wish to click on an Iranian regime propaganda site. That's all. 

29 minutes ago, farq said:

The world has known that the US has been a major terrorist threat for decades!

Who on Earth is terrified (which is the objective of terrorism) by the USA?  Seems that most countries are just laughing at the US since the election of Trump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Then I can't help you at this point. I've explained it clearly. You tricked me into clicking on a Press TV link that I would never have clicked on if you included it with a spelled out link. I posted about it to warn others not to click on your CONCEALED source link if they don't wish to click on an Iranian regime propaganda site. That's all. 

why? mossad or your bosses there get angry to you if you enter a pro iran website?

i am not a pro Zionist but i enter pro zionist websites to see what they think and say! 

anyway, is there any worse army in this world with more blood in its hands then US army and its extension Israeli army?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Galactus said:

why? mossad or your bosses there get angry to you if you enter a pro iran website?

i am not a pro Zionist but i enter pro zionist websites to see what they think and say! 

anyway, is there any worse army in this world with more blood in its hands then US army and its extension Israeli army?

So you're accusing me of being a Mossad agent or having bosses controlling my posts?

Wow. Unfreakin' believable. 

My point about Press TV links (as well as Russian Today and similar totally government owned PROPAGANDA sites) is that if people are going to link to them, they should not do so in a sleazy, stealth manner.  

If it's a full link, SPELLED out, then people can choose whether it's a source they want to click on. 

No, I have no interest in reading authoritarian regime fully owned propaganda organs from Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia. etc. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

Regret to say again, there was absolutely no sleazy, stealth manner in my post, intended or by mistake. Unfortunately, it is your unfounded bias attitude that makes you feel so, but I am NOT going to argue on that mundane point at any cost. According to your "logic" all links to CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, ABC etc also should be high lighted so that people are "warned" before they are clicked. Definitely, there are some who would have the same feelings as you on these sites too.

We all have are own opinions, but that does not make mine "better" than yours. This type of tunnel vision is the cause of many conflicts on this lovely planet named Earth. 

You posted a blind link to an explicit propaganda site of a government that sponsors Death to America and Death to Israel rallies. To suggest an equivalence to a site like CNN is totally false. They may have a political bias but they are not owned and controlled by any government. I do not believe you don't get this. Just post normal links with the site name spelled out when trying to trick people to click on Iran regime propaganda. Maybe that trick wasn't intentional but you are so irrationally defensive about it that I reckon it probably was.

What's next?

White nationalists linking to KKK sites with hidden addresses.

Want to see some cute puppies?

Click the blind link.

Oh no!!!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

You posted a blind link to an explicit propaganda of a government that sponsors Death to America and Death to Israel rallies. To suggest an equivalence to a site like CNN is totally false. They may have a political bias but they are not owned by any government. I do not believe you don't get this. Just post normal links with the site name spelled out when trying to trick people to click on Iran regime propaganda. Maybe that trick wasn't intentional but you are so irrationally defensive about it that I reckon it probably was.
What's next?
White nationalists linking to KKK sites with hidden addresses.
Want to see some cute puppies?
Click the blind link.
Oh no!!!

OK I say you win unconditionally.. Don't worry about loosing face, you did not. Perfect, your honour. Please rest in peace.

The END.

I don’t know, but personally I wouldn’t avoid reading anything just because of its source. Even propaganda outlets are occasionally correct. But the real value of sources diametrically opposed to one’s own point of view is that it gives us a window into the mindset of those who do not think exactly the same way we do. How could I have an intelligent conversation regarding nazi Germany or the Middle East if I never read Mien Kampff or the Koran? Seems incredibly narrow minded and a good way to generationally embed historical inaccuracies and gaslighting.

I have no idea how one can determine another poster’s intentions, but it does seem some of us have not heard of, nor have the breadth of knowledge, to know the political leaning of every news organization on the globe, nor which ones we should ignore outright without researching for ourselves and critically analyzing the content through our own personal filters, education, and experience.
It should not have been a blind link. End of.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

When I put the curser on the link on all of my computers/laptops etc a ribbon on the bottom of the screen tells me the full address BEFORE I click???  And the link in question clearly showed it was Press TV??

To be fair that is not the case if the reader is using a mobile device.

But I am still bewildered by the level of "triggering" caused by a link... and ascribing intent is absurd.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hansnl said:

Mania, don't forget the US earned an awful lot of money for "suffering Israel's shield".

If I recall we/USA taxpayers...give Israel millions $$ per day

I would not call that earning.. I would call it something I cannot print here

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So you're accusing me of being a Mossad agent or having bosses controlling my posts?

Wow. Unfreakin' believable. 

My point about Press TV links (as well as Russian Today and similar totally government owned PROPAGANDA sites) is that if people are going to link to them, they should not do so in a sleazy, stealth manner.  

If it's a full link, SPELLED out, then people can choose whether it's a source they want to click on. 

No, I have no interest in reading authoritarian regime fully owned propaganda organs from Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia. etc. 

It was a joke but you are offended so i hope what i said is not true!

Links are links, you click, have a look and if you didnt like it, you just pass. nothing serious!

I have no interest on reading pro zinoist b  s from fascist and discriminating pro zioinst websites too but i check those websites.

Bc if i dont, i have no chance to make a meaningful discussion about these topics or a comparison.

And although i never agree with those pro zioinst websites, i still respect the projection of their ideas. (although fascist and b s, again and again)

And, most probably that is why you are a partial person.  maybe bc you dont know the ideas of others you criticise and have no idea on what they say.

19 hours ago, mikebike said:

I don’t know, but personally I wouldn’t avoid reading anything just because of its source. Even propaganda outlets are occasionally correct. But the real value of sources diametrically opposed to one’s own point of view is that it gives us a window into the mindset of those who do not think exactly the same way we do. How could I have an intelligent conversation regarding nazi Germany or the Middle East if I never read Mien Kampff or the Koran? Seems incredibly narrow minded and a good way to generationally embed historical inaccuracies and gaslighting.

I have no idea how one can determine another poster’s intentions, but it does seem some of us have not heard of, nor have the breadth of knowledge, to know the political leaning of every news organization on the globe, nor which ones we should ignore outright without researching for ourselves and critically analyzing the content through our own personal filters, education, and experience.

very well said.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, hansnl said:

Mania, don't forget the US earned an awful lot of money for "suffering Israel's shield".

Besides, the amount of money given to Arab countries is much, very much, frighteningly much, more.

No American soldier has ever "guarded" Israel, in fact thanks to Israel quite a few muslim/arab terror attacks in the US and against the US were stopped in time thanks to information from Israel.

By the way, Mania, any idea how many Iranians are busy in South America, any idea who got the idea to organise the Latin March to the US border?

Any idea how many Iranians are busy in Europe, murdering people and planning terror?

Yes, all those are members of that infamous guards.

Any idea why so many Iranian "tourists" are visiting the South of Thailand, Mindanao in the Phillipines, mingling with Rohingyas, operating in Syria and Iraq, and so on.

Thanks to Ohbahmah and his stupidity the world has become a lot more dangerous.

You might call eight years of that idiot the presidential lapdog period of the financing of terror in the world.

As mentioned by other posters, your claims are ridiculous as you are not even able to distinguish between Shia and Sunnis.

All recent terrorist attacks in the USA (9/11), in Europe, and in Syria/Irak (i.e. ISIS) have been made by Sunnis, and mainly by people brainwashed in mosquees supported by SaudI Arabia.

• Thanks 1