Bangkok Bank, NY transfer under April 1 new format

Yea, so far my GV numbers have worked with all my current banks/financial companies/govt agencies that want to send a security code to logon or do some transaction.  None of these folks so far have went to "only allowing use of a security code" to logon.  Some offer you that option but I don't use it....some offer use of a PIN number you enter each time which is kinda like entering a second password...some offer code to be sent to your email...and some of purely User ID and password.

To get a GV number your google account just needs to have been created in the US (using a VPN with an IP address takes care of that).   Then as long as you have another US number which GV will use to complete the verification process (i.e., a voice call is made to the verification which gives a security code and then you enter that security into the verification screen to complete the GV setup....it an initial thing and usually once a year thing....easy enough).   I have two different VOIP numbers also (i.e., MagicJack type numbers I use to complete the GV verification.  And I also have a TextNow VOIP number (totally free) which gives me three different number I can use to verify up to three different GV numbers. 

I have two GV numbers...one is used for my bank accounts mobile number and the other one is for the wife's accounts since me and the wife have have separate bank logon credentials the bank may not accept the same mobile number being entered in your logoin account and the wife's account.....the bank actually checks to ensure a mobile number is being only by one person.

13 hours ago, TGIR said:

I posted on this subject a while back that I use Wells Fargo and didn't anticipate any problems......haven't transferred anything in since about the first of the month but have this observation:   Since Bangkok Bank has a branch in New York, any transfers I make are not international, they are domestic.  Bangkok Bank I'm sure doesn't actually transfer any money to my account in Cha Am, but makes a memo bookkeeping entry to transfer the amount to my Cha Am account.   Anyone else know different?  

You are confusing it with 'Poy kuan' ([chinese] money shop) system identical with Indian 'Hwala' system. I Think Bangkok bank has moved on a bit from those days.

22 hours ago, Pib said:

Yea, so far my GV numbers have worked with all my current banks/financial companies/govt agencies that want to send a security code to logon or do some transaction.  None of these folks so far have went to "only allowing use of a security code" to logon.  Some offer you that option but I don't use it....some offer use of a PIN number you enter each time which is kinda like entering a second password...some offer code to be sent to your email...and some of purely User ID and password.

To get a GV number your google account just needs to have been created in the US (using a VPN with an IP address takes care of that).   Then as long as you have another US number which GV will use to complete the verification process (i.e., a voice call is made to the verification which gives a security code and then you enter that security into the verification screen to complete the GV setup....it an initial thing and usually once a year thing....easy enough).   I have two different VOIP numbers also (i.e., MagicJack type numbers I use to complete the GV verification.  And I also have a TextNow VOIP number (totally free) which gives me three different number I can use to verify up to three different GV numbers. 

I have two GV numbers...one is used for my bank accounts mobile number and the other one is for the wife's accounts since me and the wife have have separate bank logon credentials the bank may not accept the same mobile number being entered in your logoin account and the wife's account.....the bank actually checks to ensure a mobile number is being only by one person.

To open a TextNow account do I need to have a USA IP address or can I open account direct from Thailand?  The TextNow number allows you to get a GV number?  

3 hours ago, longball53098 said:

To open a TextNow account do I need to have a USA IP address or can I open account direct from Thailand?  The TextNow number allows you to get a GV number?  

Can do direct from Thailand...I did.  But you need to do a verification with another number to activate/verify.  Same-same GV.   Basically, a person needs one number to get the ball rolling so they can activate/verify other numbers.   Like say a person had VOIP type number like Magic Jack....it can be used to verify a GV or TextNow number.  Once you got another number up and running you now have two numbers that can be to activate/verify other numbers.  

On 4/10/2019 at 12:02 PM, armadillo215 said:

Yes and having your SS or whatever direct deposited to BKKB there is a charge and you must go to the bank to get money. No online access.

That's okay for now, a reason to get out of the house.  If I am in the hospital on the 1st of the month, it could be a problem.  I may have to block out 800K after all.