Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Hayden Ballantyne looks like he is going to miss another WCE v FFC derby.

Weagles gotta like that. WCE home game. Sort of makes the tipping interesting.

I am an Eagles supporter. But I also support the Dockers because I get to use a mates Dockers membership seat because he is a FIFO worker and often is not in town to attend.

Ballantyne is one of my favourite players. Wish we had him on the polocross team.

I'm from Perth although we are living in Thailand and I support the Dockers with my two sisters along with their families being members,one of them lives in Geraldton coming down for home games.I don't admit it to often but I call the Eagles my 2nd team.

I'm in a simliar situation.

I support WC but also love seeing Freo (another WA side) going well.

I will be cheering for my boys this weekend though.

Current prices TAB

WCE $3.50. Dockers $1.30.

My crayfish is on the Weagles.

• Like 1

Hayden Ballantyne looks like he is going to miss another WCE v FFC derby.

Weagles gotta like that. WCE home game. Sort of makes the tipping interesting.

I am an Eagles supporter. But I also support the Dockers because I get to use a mates Dockers membership seat because he is a FIFO worker and often is not in town to attend.

Ballantyne is one of my favourite players. Wish we had him on the polocross team.

And Billie Smedts get's a week for a coat hanger.

Claasified as low impact........please!

Still a lottery IMO.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-13/mrp-comes-down-on-ballantyne

• Like 1

Nice to see the Roos bounce back with Waite kicking seven.biggrin.png

Well done to Grannys apples who beat me in the fantasythumbsup.gif came down to the last quarter of the last game.

Well done to Carnegie Joe in the tipping,i might have to try the radom select tips the way i'm going.facepalm.gif

I also had a good win in the fantasy comp, defeating Alex's Dees sitting 2nd behind Rips Swans. I'll play him for that spot in round 7.[/quote

Really I'm second? I can't get beyond the team to check anything.... Ahhhh typical may premier either on phone or iPad while I'm traveling.

• Like 1

Adam Goodes went on for one too many, says Jude Bolton

Former Sydney champion Jude Bolton says his two-time premiership-winning teammate Adam Goodes may have erred in deciding to press on for a 17th AFL season.

Goodes, a dual Brownlow medallist and the Swans' games record-holder, was relegated to the substitute's vest for Saturday night's 48-point win over Port Adelaide.

Goodes entered the fray in the last quarter at Adelaide Oval and accumulated six possessions.

The 35-year-old toyed with the prospect of retirement at the end of the 2014 campaign before deciding to play on. "The question was posed to [sydney coach] John Longmire in the press conference, why was he started as a sub, were you protecting his body?" Bolton told Channel Seven's Game Day.

"John Longmire said we just pick the best team. That says Goodes was pretty ordinary last week – he played a shocking game against Essendon. It could be a tough year and maybe he has gone on one year too long."

Goodes managed only nine touches in the come-from-behind 12-point win over the Bombers in round one. Bolton and Goodes played 301 games together from 1999-2013. Goodes has played a record 353 matches for Sydney.

In contrast, Swans revelation Isaac Heeney had never been to South Australia before, let alone played an AFL game there.

So Longmire says the 18-year-old second-gamer deserves some credit for his efforts in Sydney's belting of Port Adelaide.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/adam-goodes-went-on-for-one-too-many-says-jude-bolton-20150412-1mjki3.html

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Adam Goodes went on for one too many, says Jude Bolton

Former Sydney champion Jude Bolton says his two-time premiership-winning teammate Adam Goodes may have erred in deciding to press on for a 17th AFL season.

Goodes, a dual Brownlow medallist and the Swans' games record-holder, was relegated to the substitute's vest for Saturday night's 48-point win over Port Adelaide.

Goodes entered the fray in the last quarter at Adelaide Oval and accumulated six possessions.

The 35-year-old toyed with the prospect of retirement at the end of the 2014 campaign before deciding to play on. "The question was posed to [sydney coach] John Longmire in the press conference, why was he started as a sub, were you protecting his body?" Bolton told Channel Seven's Game Day.

"John Longmire said we just pick the best team. That says Goodes was pretty ordinary last week – he played a shocking game against Essendon. It could be a tough year and maybe he has gone on one year too long."

Goodes managed only nine touches in the come-from-behind 12-point win over the Bombers in round one. Bolton and Goodes played 301 games together from 1999-2013. Goodes has played a record 353 matches for Sydney.

In contrast, Swans revelation Isaac Heeney had never been to South Australia before, let alone played an AFL game there.

So Longmire says the 18-year-old second-gamer deserves some credit for his efforts in Sydney's belting of Port Adelaide.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/adam-goodes-went-on-for-one-too-many-says-jude-bolton-20150412-1mjki3.html

It seems as if Jude has been reading TV.

You've been saying that for 6 months BookMan.

I know he's been a champ, but I reckon he would've been

tapped on the shoulder at the hawks, Freo or Port.

Just stopping a youngster coming through.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

When you sign in to fantasy,go to leagues and click on that and thailand mob will come up.

Thanks, now how often and when can we change players?

Ummm by the way second last not second.

And a weather report from Samui.....rain and rain and more rain

Another milestone was passed today as Fremantle’s membership total surpassed the record number set in 2014.

Freo’s membership total is now at 48,939, ahead of last year’s 48,935.

It is the third consecutive year that the club achieved a membership record and comes as the club continues its push towards a target of 50,000 members for the first time in its history.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne has officially accepted a two-game suspension handed down by the Match Review Panel.

Ballantyne was charged with rough conduct after attempting to bump Geelong's Harry Taylor during the fourth quarter of Sunday's match at Simonds Stadium, but he made contact with the defender’s head.

The offence was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has an applicable bad record, which increased the penalty to a three-match sanction.

Ross Lyon revealed on Monday night that the club would not challenge the MRP's decision.

Ballantyne's early plea reduced the penalty to a two-match sanction and the 27-year-old will now miss the round 3 Carlton Draught Derby against West Coast and the round 4 Len Hall Tribute game against Sydne

• Like 2

Another milestone was passed today as Fremantle’s membership total surpassed the record number set in 2014.

It is the third consecutive year that the club achieved a membership record and comes as the club continues its push towards a target of 50,000 members for the first time in its history.

I was thinking about this membership caper the other day.

it seems every year each club is smashing its previous membership record.

Are these figures self reported?

I know Sydney had a pet membership option. yes, membership for your dog, cat, budgy. Are there now 1298 howling and meowing cats and dogs tuning into the Buddy freak show every week? Cattledogs and kelpies marvelling at Josh kennedys clearance work? Every time Jetta or Rohan go for a run are they imagining them chasing a frisbee?

Anyway, just wondering if these figures are genuine or following the TAT school of rubbery figures?

http://membership.sydneyswans.com.au/membership/pet-membership/

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

I know Sydney had a pet membership option. yes, membership for your dog, cat, budgy. Are there now 1298 howling and meowing cats and dogs tuning into the Buddy freak show every week? Cattledogs and kelpies marvelling at Josh kennedys clearance work? Every time Jetta or Rohan go for a run are they imagining them chasing a frisbee?

Anyway, just wondering if these figures are genuine or following the TAT school of rubbery figures?

Well I'm now a global member at WCtongue.png

I don't know if this applies to all clubs, but I know Collingwood has or used to have a 3 game membership

where you buy a seat for 3 games. I know WC couldn't do that as they have a waiting list.

To answer your question, dodgy figures.

• Like 2

I don't know if this applies to all clubs, but I know Collingwood has or used to have a 3 game membership

where you buy a seat for 3 games. I know WC couldn't do that as they have a waiting list.

I have to agree with both you and bookman,the figures are very dodgy.I can't get the facebook page that found the orignal post on this subject to come up but have found this little bit that puts no doubt on the fact.The original post had all the figures for each class of membership,damn it should have put it in.

The Dockers, whose 2015 slogan is “Forever Freo”, are offering memberships for pets and babies – called Purple Paws and Docker Tots.

Plus they are also advertising 3 game memberships. smileys-yes-and-no-068329.gif

• Like 2

It seems as if Jude has been reading TV.

You've been saying that for 6 months BookMan.

I know he's been a champ, but I reckon he would've been

tapped on the shoulder at the hawks, Freo or Port.

Just stopping a youngster coming through.

Would have released some good money too..not that it mattered too much because Eddie had us banned from trading.

Goodes can retire: Save 800k

Sam Reid can p.iss off to St Kilda or Collingwood:Save $500k

Tom Mitchell off to Weagles: Save $400k

I have to agree with both you and bookman,the figures are very dodgy.I can't get the facebook page that found the orignal post on this subject to come up but have found this little bit that puts no doubt on the fact.The original post had all the figures for each class of membership,damn it should have put it in.

The Dockers, whose 2015 slogan is “Forever Freo”, are offering memberships for pets and babies – called Purple Paws and Docker Tots.

Plus they are also advertising 3 game memberships. smileys-yes-and-no-068329.gif

Brisbane's had 3-game memberships and pet memberships for at least 3 years. I'm a 3-game member because I don't want to go to night games any more.

I suggested they have a day-game membership, keeping in mind that many older people don't want to stay up late and travel home at 10 o'clock at night, especially when you have to use public transport (there's no free parking within walking distance of the Gabba any more). I don't know if they considered it.

I think there are about 6 day games each season at the Gabba.

Edited by Xangsamhua
  • Like 2

Pet membership isn't included in the official totals by the AFL.

• Like 1

When you sign in to fantasy,go to leagues and click on that and thailand mob will come up.

Me and you this week Alexsmile.png

Your allowed 2 trades a week,i noticed you have 3 players that wont be starting so you will need to trade 2 and hope you can cover being 1 short.thumbsup.gif

Good question bookman I too had been thinking where all these new members where coming from.

So I googled and it seems the Advertiser in SA has the answer since membership for reserved seating cum something like ground memberships at one point total numbers were added to both power and crow membership.

The AFL rule is according to that paper anyone who spends more than $50 on a club membership.

3 game membership will make you member but do you get voting rights?

• Like 2

Me and you this week Alexsmile.png

Your allowed 2 trades a week,i noticed you have 3 players that wont be starting so you will need to trade 2 and hope you can cover being 1 short.thumbsup.gif

Ahhhhh ok..... How many goals in you giving me?