Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Was reading some article on the rivalry between Hawthorn and Geelong today.

A lot of people saying it's the greatest rivalry of the modern era.

Then someone posted these stats about WCE and the Swans.

Only over a 2 year period but some interesting figures I thought.

1. In the nineteen months between September 2005 and March 2007, the sides met six times, including both Grand Finals and two Qualifying Finals; the final margins of these games were: 4, 4, 2, 1, 1 and 1.

Due to these close games, the Sydney vs West Coast pairing now holds the following records:

• Lowest total points difference across six games: 13 (next lowest: South Melbourne vs Melbourne, 28 points, 1898–1900)
    • Lowest total points difference across five games: 9 (next lowest: Hawthorn vs Collingwood, 19 points, 1958–1960)
    • Lowest total points difference across four games: 5 (next lowest: Footscray vs Hawthorn, 7 points, 1931)
    • Most consecutive one-point games: 3 (six pairings share with two)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BookMan said:

Come on Sydneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chimps and me are off to the pub soon to meet the Carlton supporter and watch the game...

Not feeling confident at all...we will see how the first quarter goes...

I have a date after...It will be street noodles or Rooftop dining, depending on the result.

Good luck with both games BookMan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks Ron. However, we'll never find the Dockers bus now, they left last May.

untitled.png

Left well before that from what I've seen.

There is definitely something on the nose down there although what it is I have no idea.

This comment is from a person who never saw one quarter of football all season.

Started to surface before the season started around the time of players voting for club captain and look what has happened since then.

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Was reading some article on the rivalry between Hawthorn and Geelong today.

A lot of people saying it's the greatest rivalry of the modern era.

Then someone posted these stats about WCE and the Swans.

Only over a 2 year period but some interesting figures I thought.

1. In the nineteen months between September 2005 and March 2007, the sides met six times, including both Grand Finals and two Qualifying Finals; the final margins of these games were: 4, 4, 2, 1, 1 and 1.

Due to these close games, the Sydney vs West Coast pairing now holds the following records:

• Lowest total points difference across six games: 13 (next lowest: South Melbourne vs Melbourne, 28 points, 1898–1900)
    • Lowest total points difference across five games: 9 (next lowest: Hawthorn vs Collingwood, 19 points, 1958–1960)
    • Lowest total points difference across four games: 5 (next lowest: Footscray vs Hawthorn, 7 points, 1931)
    • Most consecutive one-point games: 3 (six pairings share with two)

It was a great period of rivalry....shame we wuz robbed in the '06 GF

• Like 1

Looks like BookMan's date is getting noodles.

I thought GWS were dangerous, but gee they looked impressive.

Bad luck guys.

At least you have next week to redeem yourself.

Get over tonight's winner and you'll play Geelong in a prelim.

• Like 2

I would think North would have to be the worst team to make the finals....i couldn't believe some of the silly mistakes they made....i turned it off just before 3/4 time...

Burrito or thats how his name sounds....please get him out of the back line...

If i was a North supporter i know for who's head id be calling for...

Surprise surprise GWS wins......

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I would think North would have to be the worst team to make the finals....i couldn't believe some of the silly mistakes they made....i turned it off just before 3/4 time...

Burrito or thats how his name sounds....please get him out of the back line...

If i was a North supporter i know for who's head id be calling for...

Surprise surprise GWS wins......

My prediction is that will be Firriito's LAST game...

• Like 1

What a partly terrible day!

Firstly..the partly terrible parts...

I had the displeasure of ordering one of the worst tasting Ciders i have ever had....at 160 baht a pint i felt obliged to attempt and finish it....i couldnt.. 

THEN....a Scheeeeemozzle of a game to watch (more of that later)..Chimpy actually up and left at 3/4 time....last seen on the back of a moto sai taxi heading towards Sukhumvit road

And if that didnt cap it off!!  I meet the date for a meet/greet coffee...she brings her Ladyboy safety friend who INSISTS on going to Starbucks....150 baht for ONE Caramel Frappacino??? I didnt want to think what the cake might cost....   As the Ladyboy ordered i pretended to take a call from Chimpy and left the shop for the Ladyboy to pay for herself... Luckily that set the tone for him/her and she disappeared in a huffy flourish about 5 minute later (not before i gave her Joboss, .Chimps and CHooks LINE IDs).
The remainder of the meet and greet was okay so i cant write about it here...

• Like 1

Thats never happened to me over there....hahhhaa.......though TGF one before last who picked me up off some website seems shy to meet eventually we had dinner at T21 she could barley smile the entire 2hrs....i thought it cute at the time then hardly saw a smile the next 2 years...hahaha

• Like 1

The Not Partly Terrible parts...

Started the day with a CRACKING Ham and cheese sandwich and two croquettes from the Japanese Bakery on Sukhumvit Soi 33/1.....Great bakery....packed always.....fresh made....makes a trip to SUK worthwhile.

The ham was REAL smoked ham, cut thick and lightly coated in a breadcrumb thing..the cheese was real...at 48 Baht it was sensational value.

We had watched the Geelong Hawks game at the RObin hood Hotel at 33/1 but this time we ventured down Soi 33 to the Tenderloins Sports bar http://www.tenderloins33.com/ 
This pub is a sponsor of the Thailand Tigers team and has 5 or 6 big screens, including an outside one...Well, being a Sydney GWS Finals the place was ...well.....empty of AFL supporters except the decent Carlton bloke and me....When the Argentina v Allblacks game came on there was a lot of excitement from inside....
Its a decent pub for watching AFL on Sukhumvit  way....

The date turned out okay, once the Starbucks Ladyboy Sponger was out of the way....

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Thats never happened to me over there....hahhhaa.......though TGF one before last who picked me up off some website seems shy to meet eventually we had dinner at T21 she could barley smile the entire 2hrs....i thought it cute at the time then hardly saw a smile the next 2 years...hahaha

Maybe she didn’t understand Spanish,,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BookMan said:

What a partly terrible day!

Firstly..the partly terrible parts...

I had the displeasure of ordering one of the worst tasting Ciders i have ever had....at 160 baht a pint i felt obliged to attempt and finish it....i couldnt.. 

THEN....a Scheeeeemozzle of a game to watch (more of that later)..Chimpy actually up and left at 3/4 time....last seen on the back of a moto sai taxi heading towards Sukhumvit road

And if that didnt cap it off!!  I meet the date for a meet/greet coffee...she brings her Ladyboy safety friend who INSISTS on going to Starbucks....150 baht for ONE Caramel Frappacino??? I didnt want to think what the cake might cost....   As the Ladyboy ordered i pretended to take a call from Chimpy and left the shop for the Ladyboy to pay for herself... Luckily that set the tone for him/her and she disappeared in a huffy flourish about 5 minute later (not before i gave her Joboss, .Chimps and CHooks LINE IDs).
The remainder of the meet and greet was okay so i cant write about it here...

The Starbucks Ladyboy Sponger will be wasting her time,

I’ve fallen for Flotty,    :wub:

She/he told me  "I throw away BM’s key, he is  butterfly."

I believe it because Flotty is not like the others…

24 minutes ago, joboss said:

The Starbucks Ladyboy Sponger will be wasting her time,

I’ve fallen for Flotty,    :wub:

She/he told me  "I throw away BM’s key, he is  butterfly."

I believe it because Flotty is not like the others…

Just beware of Flotty asking if you are hungry....When she says do you feel like a hot sausage she isn't about to stoke up the webber

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joboss said:

Maybe she didn’t understand Spanish,,

She even payed for most of her own meal that first dinner.....

She would be like that...miss independent...often would pay all or most of her meal, one time she took me to Asiatic when we went to dine there she goes...." you have to pay for me tonight to expensive for me here" i said of course, i saw one of her rare smiles that night, then on the other hand she would carry on about paying for a taxi to come see me.....mind you she was doing her Masters Degree at the Uni 200 meters from where i lived then pop in afterwards and stay the night....after several crying poor episodes i use to leave 200 on the table for her.....thats how Accountants are they always come out in front....

No Jo she didn't need Spanish or English she spoke with her eyes and mouth depending where her eye lids were the mouth slightly open or closed and the tilt of her head is how she communicated...... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joboss said:

Good morning Alex,

RE: College football.   My interest has been piqued.

Not sure of your dates,  If you have time you may find this link to the Garfield Bulldogs games schedule of interest.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/garfield-bulldogs-(los-angeles,ca)/football/schedule.htm

Thanks mate i checked the schedule i arrive the day after the game, the sunday game was perfect if had not been in England....

UCLA Bruins college team play the saturday i arrive this time I'm in at 6.40 am from AU, looks like its in LA against Utah  i will have to do some homework because the hockey interests me too, i saw a yank college game here at arctic park back in the 80's every time i went to take  drink or say something to my ex-wife etc they god dam snapped the ball....soo easy to miss a play in gridiron.....

• Like 1

Ok gang

What's the general feelings on any MRP issues this week?

The biggest one is Stevie J. I reckon in a home and away game, he would

get 3 down to 2. In the finals though, where the MRP are notoriously soft,

Ithink he will get 2 down to 1 so can play in the GF if GWS make it.

The medical report will be huge but the fact that Kennedy came back on might save him a week.

Surprised he came back on really as he was doing the chicken dance and I thought he was gorn.

What about Mumford's tackle on Tippett?

I've got no idea on this one.

A West Coaster got 2 weeks for something similar a little while ago but he was a norry no-name.

35 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Ok gang

What's the general feelings on any MRP issues this week?

The biggest one is Stevie J. I reckon in a home and away game, he would

get 3 down to 2. In the finals though, where the MRP are notoriously soft,

Ithink he will get 2 down to 1 so can play in the GF if GWS make it.

The medical report will be huge but the fact that Kennedy came back on might save him a week.

Surprised he came back on really as he was doing the chicken dance and I thought he was gorn.

What about Mumford's tackle on Tippett?

I've got no idea on this one.

A West Coaster got 2 weeks for something similar a little while ago but he was a norry no-name.

I’ve watched it over and over.

Seems that Stevie J eyes were following the ball and he changed direction to make chase, Kennedy also turns his head to follow the ball and so his jaw is exposed.

I can’t see that Stevie leapt of the ground or had any intent to incapacitate Kennedy, he just ran through him.

My understanding is that the MRP must analyse the incident because of the collateral  damage but IMHO it would be a shame to impose a penalty.

46 minutes ago, joboss said:

I’ve watched it over and over.

Seems that Stevie J eyes were following the ball and he changed direction to make chase, Kennedy also turns his head to follow the ball and so his jaw is exposed.

I can’t see that Stevie leapt of the ground or had any intent to incapacitate Kennedy, he just ran through him.

My understanding is that the MRP must analyse the incident because of the collateral  damage but IMHO it would be a shame to impose a penalty.

My viewing of it.... Stevie J had only one intention in that encounter and that was to clunk into kennedy.....Resulting in a nasty clash. Even when kennedy came back on he looked dazed. 
He could expect 2 weeks for that.....he will get ZERO weeks.

Mummies tackle was just plain dangerous.....flopping someone around like that.....Should be one week minimum
He will get ZERO weeks

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

When someone is exposed like that, with their arm up, their head turned with the face looking away, all it takes is a firm slap (in this case a well muscled shoulder) to  knock them off their feet and into lala land. The line of the jaw leading up to the ear is a vulnerability point.

It could be argued that Kennedy turned into the bump, so, enhancing the severity.  

It’s going to be a hard one to call for the MRP.

The journos will have something to froth about,,, a cash cow for the press and the legal fraternity.

Just read this on AFL website.

I still think he will get a week.

ANALYSIS: Stevie J staring at ban for Kennedy hit

STEVE Johnson's place in the remainder of Greater Western Sydney's historic finals campaign hinges on where the Match Review Panel believes he made contact to Sydney Swans opponent Josh Kennedy. But answering that question and predicting the outcome of the biggest decision the MRP has faced this season is a guessing game using the inconclusive vision available. 

The Panel will on Monday be piecing together a complicated puzzle made up of broadcast angles, long-range behind-the-goals vision and a Swans medical report.

Right now none of those three elements paints a clear picture of the football crime Johnson has committed. 

To add clarity during the hours of deliberation, officiating umpire Ray Chamberlain will likely be called on to give his perspective, and Kennedy himself may receive a call to offer his recollection of the point of impact.

It appears highly unlikely Johnson can escape without a suspension.

The vision available right now points to careless rough conduct with medium impact to the head, which results in a two-match ban down to one with an early guilty plea.

The MRP would reach that conclusion if they believe Johnson bumped and made contact with his shoulder to Kennedy's head.

"The great thing about the game is you're allowed to bump … you're allowed to run over the ball and bump someone," Panel member Michael Christian said on 3AW on Saturday. "The challenge you have is when you do that you have to bump legally."

There is one angle available that shows Johnson starting to raise his elbow before the point of impact. The rest of the vision is obscured by Giant Joel Patfull.

If first contact is deemed to have been made by his elbow or forearm to Kennedy's head, the MRP could grade the offence as striking.

Intentional rough conduct would not hold up, but intentional striking would.

Intentional striking, with medium impact to the head, would result in a three-match ban down to two with an early guilty plea, sidelining Johnson for the Grand Final if the Giants win their way through.

The only other way Johnson could receive a three-match ban down to two is if the MRP graded the incident as careless rough conduct with high impact to the head.

Given Kennedy played on after a spell on the bench to be assessed, it would seem that conclusion could only be reached if a damning medical report was submitted by the Swans.  

As for Mumford's tackle, Tunbridge from WC got 2 weeks for this.

Knocked him out though.

Zemplis said about Mummy "he should be ok, it's not a sling tackle".

My take on it, is that is doesn't have to be a sling tackle. I thought the onus is on the tackler

not to slam someone's head into the ground.

In Tunbridge's case, the player decided to try and kick the ball rather than drop it and use his

hands to cushion his fall. But Tunbridge still paid because of the outcome.

Clear as mud.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2016-08-13/tunbridge-in-trouble-with-sling-tackle