Foreign Ministry tells off diplomatic corps for ‘supporting Thanathorn’

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The senior official separately met ambassadors and representatives from the embassies of France, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United States of America, Finland, Belgium and the delegation of the European Union.

I wonder how many ambassadors were spoken to and how many junior staffers were sent to these sessions?

6 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

I wonder how many ambassadors were spoken to

We know there was at least one ambassador not spoken to - USA has no ambassador to Thailand.

Probably a good thing as the previous ambassador Glyn Davies was investigated by the Thai police who claimed the ambassador 'defamed the monarchy' over comments made by Glyn Davies in which he said the US is concerned about long prison sentences given to civilians by military courthttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/09/thailand-police-investigate-us-ambassador-defamed-monarchy

1 hour ago, Donutz said:

The Thai MFA and the military dictatorship. ????????????

The dinos just don't want to let go. Pathetic. We have had enough BS.

Thumbs up to those embassies that showed they care about democracy, a fair trial and human rights. The trial, the military court, the elections, the NCPO, are all a disgrace. 

Look forward to their diplomats doing the same when opposition politicians are arrested and questioned in: Russia, China, all the various former Soviet Republics, NK, KSA, all the other Middle East countries, African and South American countries.

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The foreign diplomat corps will just ignore the non elected coup government like they ignore all their extradition requests. They really have the lowest regards for military that seized power illegitimately. Well maybe with the expection of countries like China, North Korea and Myanmar. 

Is that why they applied sanctions, tariffs, advised their nationals not to come here, and stopped their businesses from investing here?

Oh wait, none of the above happened!

They are all well aware of the realities here.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 7:00 PM, geoffbezoz said:

Well they sheltered Pol Pot for years which sums up their distaste for foreign opinion. That was a few years ago I know but Thai moral behavior appears to stand the test of time. Of course that excludes the 90% of the nation deliberately kept in the dark by poor education who would have no idea who Pol Pot was or the actions he instructed. That detracts from the subject matter but is illustrative of how foreign opinion is deliberately skewed or dishonestly justified by the Thai ruling elite.

Obviously many who also have no idea who and what Che Guevara stood for,  judging by the T shirts.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, RobMuir said:

Not me. Easy as. Fill in my name, passport number, address and letter from the bank. Take a photo, sign a couple of copies. It ain’t rocket science.

Better things to do than read about people who can’t fill out forms.

I did have a quick look at what all the fuss was about and it seems they are only targeting the poor.

Which is a good idea in my opinion. Too much farang trash in Thailand these days. The poor usually don’t have any insurance and don’t contribute anything.

I don’t read novels.

ok welcome Mr Troll to my ignore list, as I find your insinuation of not being able to fill forms rather rude agains all the members here who can have visa difficulty issues.

• Haha 1

I believe that the Honorable Peter Haymond, Charge De Affairs, is Acting US Ambassador to Thailand. Don’t know if he was there, but I bet someone high in the food chain was.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Seems there is something wrong with the Thai argument, when it was in the newspapers that Thai diplomats attended the trial of Aung San Suu Kyi in 2009. https://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20090520-142718.html

Somehow, Thai diplomats thought they ought to interfere in the Myanmar justice system at that time.