UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

9 hours ago, malagateddy said:

And hard pressed council taxpayers have got to swallow the " religious " pc b/s.
Do you honesty wonder why sectarianism continues in west of scotland??
Political parties will promise the roman catholic church and the imans in west of scotland ANYTHING to get them to tell their camp followers to vote eg..snp.
Imho..organised religion is a CURSE..ie..power over people..dictate their lives and take their money.
Me..I do not need such s stupid crutch to see me thro my days and have not since I was 14..many many yonks ago.
Have a lovely eveningemoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In other words you were misrepresenting 'financing of mosques' as it potentially applies to all religious places of worship for security purposes.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, yogi100 said:

If you were an unskilled building worker such as a labourer or a tosher your wages did go down cos the immigrants were happy to work for peanuts and the gang masters and subbies were only too happy to oblige.

They'd have been daft to pay an Englishman 70 quid when they had a Pole with his cap in his hand offering to do the same job for 40.

Smaller wages = bigger profits.

If you did not witness this then I'm sorry but you were not 'there'. You are only saying you were there to counter my argument regarding the use of EE scab labour that became the scourge of the London building industry.

Many sites now only employ EEs because they're docile, obedient, cheap and easy to manipulate, control and exploit.

It's got everything to do with the EU because of the free movement of EU passport holders and any migrant, refugee or asylum seeker entering any EU nation can eventually obtain one. Then once they are in the UK we're lumbered with them whether they are there to work or sponge off the benefit system.

Thatcher and Blair are history. We are now trying to deal with the present and the future.

You really haven't followed what I said, no it really doesn't have anything to do with the EU because the UK has an exception to free movement negotiated by Thatcher, we don;t have to have free movement to be in the EU, it was not the EU who allowed Poles to come to the UK in 2004, it was Blair, the EU warned him against doing it so early, but he went for it.

Interesting that you don't put any blame on any employers, in fact you say that they would be daft not to give the work to foreigners who are willing to work for less money, yet you want to leave the EU and force them to make this daft move of paying more than the market currently demands, sounds a bit daft to me.

In other words you were misrepresenting 'financing of mosques' as it potentially applies to all religious places of worship for security purposes.
Glasgow City Council Ratepayers/Poll Tax Payers now Council Tax Payers PAY for the imo the scandalous and stupid religious apartheid sectarian schooling educational system.
Hope you've got it now.
Have a nice day

8 hours ago, bomber said:

your life isnt affected any different now to what it was in 75,you only blame the EU for your short comings in life to make yourself feel better.iam still searching for an EU law that affects me,but i could write you a list a mile long of UK laws that boil my urine.

Then you need to research and read much much more.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Then you need to research and read much much more.

I voted in both referendums (did You?). I followed both campaigns closely before voting. The issues put to the public before both referendums were practically the same. I voted in both referendums on the same issues.

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Glasgow City Council Ratepayers/Poll Tax Payers now Council Tax Payers PAY for the imo the scandalous and stupid religious apartheid sectarian schooling educational system.
Hope you've got it now.
Have a nice day

Would have saved a lot of time if you posted clearly your actual objection in the first place.

35 minutes ago, bomber said:

sorry after 51 years i dont need to research anything,no EU laws have hampered my life,

Unfortunately there will always be those that see their life hampered by progress.

In 1990 I was responsible, in the company I worked, for the implementation of a law that had been introduced by the EU to try and reduce death from carbon monoxide. The consumers didn't appreciate being protected, just blamed the EU for pushing up prices.

Of course every time someone does die there is a big debate on what rules or regulations had not been implemented or enforced. Only the delusional would think that a UK government would have pushed through the levels of consumer protection the UK currently enjoys.

Coming soon, Chinese copies in a store near you.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

I voted in both referendums (did You?). I followed both campaigns closely before voting. The issues put to the public before both referendums were practically the same. I voted in both referendums on the same issues.

I could only vote in one. I did not follow the campaigns closely - too much BS - my mind was made up after following the mutation of the Common Market into the controlling political project it evidently is now.

27 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Unfortunately there will always be those that see their life hampered by progress.

In 1990 I was responsible, in the company I worked, for the implementation of a law that had been introduced by the EU to try and reduce death from carbon monoxide. The consumers didn't appreciate being protected, just blamed the EU for pushing up prices.

Of course every time someone does die there is a big debate on what rules or regulations had not been implemented or enforced. Only the delusional would think that a UK government would have pushed through the levels of consumer protection the UK currently enjoys.

Coming soon, Chinese copies in a store near you.

You think that "progress" is only possible under the EU. That is what is delusional. The UK has led the way with HSE and Welfare Regulation and the EU has cloned much of it. 

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You think that "progress" is only possible under the EU. That is what is delusional. The UK has led the way with HSE and Welfare Regulation and the EU has cloned much of it. 

Could you provide some evidence to support your claims?

Between 1997 and 2009 another 65 new health and safety regulations were applied to the UK, 41 of which were made by the EU, no leading the way there. 

The EU referred to our pensions, jobseekers allowance and incapcity benefit as being "manifestly inadequate", pointing out that the UK pays less in relation to living costs than any other EU country, no leading the way their either.

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that much of the EU policy is ultimately derived from Clement Attlee's government, we really did lead the way in the 1950's.

8 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You really haven't followed what I said, no it really doesn't have anything to do with the EU because the UK has an exception to free movement negotiated by Thatcher, we don;t have to have free movement to be in the EU, it was not the EU who allowed Poles to come to the UK in 2004, it was Blair, the EU warned him against doing it so early, but he went for it.

Interesting that you don't put any blame on any employers, in fact you say that they would be daft not to give the work to foreigners who are willing to work for less money, yet you want to leave the EU and force them to make this daft move of paying more than the market currently demands, sounds a bit daft to me.

What Thatcher did decades ago is of little relevance now 30 -40 years later.

When it comes to employment unfortunately most bosses will put money before loyalty. 

IF we quit the EU we can then force our politicians to restrict immigration. The fact that an EU passport will no longer be of such value in the UK will be an important factor.

The rise of nationalism in the West and of the Brexit Party and UKIP in Britain will hopefully teach politicians to understand the concept of loyalty and put our own people first. I for one won't hold my breath but we can hope.

34 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I could only vote in one. I did not follow the campaigns closely - too much BS - my mind was made up after following the mutation of the Common Market into the controlling political project it evidently is now.

What that has happened in the EU that you oppose which had not already been proposed, or already happened, in 1975?

8 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Employers do not act in the interests of a nation. The act in their own interests and national legislation is required to keep them in line.

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

When it comes to employment unfortunately most bosses will put money before loyalty. 

IF we quit the EU we can then force our politicians to restrict immigration. The fact that an EU passport will no longer be of such value in the UK will be an important factor.

The rise of nationalism in the West and of the Brexit Party and UKIP in Britain will hopefully teach politicians to understand the concept of loyalty and put our own people first. I for one won't hold my breath but we can hope.

That you choose to make such comments on an expat orientated forum reveals a great deal about the depth to which you’ve thought this out.

Just now, yogi100 said:

Employers do not act in the interests of a nation. The act in their own interests and national legislation is required to keep them in line.

Right, so did our national legislation prevent Poles being paid less than minimum wage?

6 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Goog grief you haven't a clue!!!   It was Blair who introduced unrestricted immigration, not the EU, they warned against doing it, so clearly leaving the EU is not the issue if you want to control immigration as its always been a British led idea.

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Which is why the Tories have been promising a post Brexit deregulation.

Please don’t tell me you believe that will benefit ordinary working people.

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Governments don't always act in your best interests either, which is why the EU is a nessesity to keep them in line. You can thank the EU for Health and Safety legislation and workers rights.

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Could you provide some evidence to support your claims?

Between 1997 and 2009 another 65 new health and safety regulations were applied to the UK, 41 of which were made by the EU, no leading the way there. 

The EU referred to our pensions, jobseekers allowance and incapcity benefit as being "manifestly inadequate", pointing out that the UK pays less in relation to living costs than any other EU country, no leading the way their either.

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that much of the EU policy is ultimately derived from Clement Attlee's government, we really did lead the way in the 1950's.

If you are going back to the 1950's I can't be bothered. 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Governments don't always act in your best interests either, which is why the EU is a nessesity to keep them in line. You can thank the EU for Health and Safety legislation and workers rights.

Absolute rubbish.

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What that has happened in the EU that you oppose which had not already been proposed, or already happened, in 1975?

Treaty of Lisbon

Treaty of Nice

Treaty of Amsterdam

Treaty on European Union - Maastricht Treaty

Single European Act

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Absolute rubbish.

Yes you've said that before, you were wrong then and you're wrong now. I am a qualified Health and Safety representative and former TU representative. I know the facts, you don't.

Just now, Spidey said:

Yes you've said that before, you were wrong then and you're wrong now. I am a qualified Health and Safety representative and former TU representative. I know the facts, you don't.

And I'll say it again. The UK was way ahead of the EU with HSE regulation. The EU only started in the late 1980's (probably out of guilt). 

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you are going back to the 1950's I can't be bothered. 

Get a grip, it is clear in that which I wrote that I can't find evidence for your claim post the 1950's, I invite you to provide evidence to the contrary, however instead you hide behind a date, sad.

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

And I'll say it again. The UK was way ahead of the EU with HSE regulation. The EU only started in the late 1980's (probably out of guilt). 

"The EU only started in the late 1980's (probably out of guilt)."

Err, no, the EU started in 1993.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

You said that before and it was rubbish then and it is rubbish now. 

The EEC insisted that we had comparative health and safety legislation in place before we joined the EEC. Thus was born the Health and Safety At Work Act, 1974. Underneath that sit the Big 6 regulations, the bones of all of which were taken from EC/EU regulations in subsequent years.

One of the later ones, which I was personally involved with, crossed boundaries between workers rights and Health and safety legislation was the Working Time Directive 2003. The British government and big companies both fought fiercely against it but, with the help of the EU, we managed to get it implemented.

Archived