Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

4 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

I don't believe in god, so there can't be a hell. ( at present )

Unless someone has some proof of it all, then I'm in. 

Believers in Faith, Pixies, and the supernatural, just cant come up with the goods.

Right, beer o'clock. :jap:

At least Santa Claus is real, and there are a lot of fairies about too..............:whistling:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Isaan is not a country. I have traveled Thailand from the North to the south overland, down through Malaysia, to Singapore-> Australia, NZ->China in the 80s and many other countries, I have found no better place to live, than KC. I've done my traveling thanks. 

Okay, I'm not going to tell you what is beat for you, and you will not tell me what is best for me or any other. I just pointed out my experience, a country or net, just a matter of  defining different piece of a land inside a country, like  countryside. 

You must be fun to be with, seriously 

• Confused 1

On 8/22/2024 at 11:20 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, God IMO doesn't care how many people anyone kills, because "care" is a human emotion and God isn't a human. This entire planet and everything on it is just an insignificant speck in the universe. Only humans think we are important.

Sorry, but believing in an "apathetic God" is even worse than believing in nothing at all. 

Why not take it a step further and say that God is sadomasochistic?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

At least Santa Claus is real, and there are a lot of fairies about too..............:whistling:

You forgot the gnomes and the elves, with all those lovely red & white toad stools?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Anyone that can believe in a Virgin birth has to be Crazy, if indeed it was the son of God then God raped her. 

According to the book it was actually the Holy Ghost and it was consensual.

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2024 at 4:18 PM, Surasak said:

So, where was this god hiding prior to the supposed big bang? Nothing can come come from nothing, that is a fact. Or can it?

When God is in everything ( for those with eyes to see ) God is not hiding- is in plain view.

Soooo, where did the Big Bang come from? From nothing, apparently.

On 8/24/2024 at 4:25 PM, brianthainess said:

Anyone that can believe in a Virgin birth has to be Crazy, if indeed it was the son of God then God raped her. 

If going to post sarky comments try to get it right.

God is not a human being so how could God rape anyone?

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2024 at 12:06 AM, save the frogs said:

Sorry, but believing in an "apathetic God" is even worse than believing in nothing at all. 

Why not take it a step further and say that God is sadomasochistic?

Are you for real? Do you even think about what you write? God isn't human, ergo God does not have human emotions.

• Haha 2

On 8/24/2024 at 6:41 PM, ravip said:

I wish, at least if one god, out of all existing ones,  make this world a paradise from tomorrow!

If this was a paradise then humans would die out. It's adversity that gives humans the will to live. Only non thinking animals would survive.

BTW, in paradise, what would carnivorous animals eat?

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2024 at 9:58 PM, digger70 said:

Do you believe in God and why.

No. How can one believe in something that  one can't see/doesn't exist.

I'm glad you wrote that.

Do you believe in love- apparently not. Can't see or touch love, so by your logic it doesn't exist.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If this was a paradise then humans would die out. It's adversity that gives humans the will to live. Only non thinking animals would survive.

It's adversity that gives humans the will to live

>>> Why, oh why,  did this so called god design such a species? A species that thrive on conflict!

Only non thinking animals would survive.

>>> OR, is it the non thinking animals who believe in god?

>>> Again, a flaw in the design! All should have been made vegans, or maybe even exist on air?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When God is in everything ( for those with eyes to see ) God is not hiding- is in plain view.

Soooo, where did the Big Bang come from? From nothing, apparently.

"When God is in everything ( for those with eyes to see ) God is not hiding- is in plain view."

If he is hiding in plain view, I have yet to see that. Also, I dont think much to his sense of humour. Which can only be described as, a sick mind.

If the Big Bang came from nothing, it cannot have been made by god? Nothing comes from nothing!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm glad you wrote that.

Do you believe in love- apparently not. Can't see or touch love, so by your logic it doesn't exist.

That is why Love is so short lived!

It is just a natural process to attract another to satisfy a natural requirement - included in the original design.

2 hours ago, ravip said:

That is why Love is so short lived!

It is just a natural process to attract another to satisfy a natural requirement - included in the original design.

Indeed, What we call "love" is just sexual attraction to propagate the species. Women weaponised it to get chocolates, roses and a ring.

All part of intelligent design by the creator ( God ).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Surasak said:

"When God is in everything ( for those with eyes to see ) God is not hiding- is in plain view."

If he is hiding in plain view, I have yet to see that. Also, I dont think much to his sense of humour. Which can only be described as, a sick mind.

If the Big Bang came from nothing, it cannot have been made by god? Nothing comes from nothing!

Do you ever think about what you write?

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, What we call "love" is just sexual attraction to propagate the species. Women weaponised it to get chocolates, roses and a ring.

OMG! Intelligent design? What would be a stupid design?

• Haha 2

Aa much stating God or God's exists or not without proof is wrong, because no human alive in fact do not know! 

We believe in God or not! We do not know! 

Anything else is just stupid.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm glad you wrote that.

Do you believe that true love exists? This is generally a matter of opinion.

That can mean that some people Believe that true love exists and some people Do no believe that true love exists same as with Religion.

On 8/26/2024 at 8:27 PM, digger70 said:

Do you believe that true love exists? This is generally a matter of opinion.

That can mean that some people Believe that true love exists and some people Do no believe that true love exists same as with Religion.

Correct, and people that do not believe in God can not prove that God does not exist, just as people that don't believe love exists can prove it doesn't. Ergo love and God exist for those that believe in them.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2024 at 12:34 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

Observable environment is not evidence of god, just nature and evolution.

if we just treated Nature as god, and paid as much respect for what actually gives us life, instead of imaginary gods and also people who doesnt deserves our respect or adminiration. 

What we do to Mother earth and those who are here with us, is just behind all common sense. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Could you design the universe?

Its already done by nature. Why reinvent the wheel?

Kind of trying to  go round in circles?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Correct, and people that do not believe in God can not prove that God does not exist, just as people that don't believe love exists can prove it doesn't. Ergo love and God exist for those that believe in them.

what we experience and what we think and believe, forms us a human people for good and bad. Nature is real to me, and it is something I can feel, see, touch, and understand. It comes with physical laws, bounderies and possiblilities as well a start and an end. Eternal life is your offsprings as long they live and produce, your dna have eternal life.

We know all life shares the same dna orign, so ? If we can not believe in a man made god, nature is the answer. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

what we experience and what we think and believe, forms us a human people for good and bad. Nature is real to me, and it is something I can feel, see, touch, and understand. It comes with physical laws, bounderies and possiblilities as well a start and an end. Eternal life is your offsprings as long they live and procuce, your dna have eternal life.

We know all life shares the same dna orign, so ? If we can not believe in a man made god, nature is the answer. 

I don't have your problem. To me nature IS God, and God is nature.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't have your problem. To me nature IS God, and God is nature.

My problem? What is my problem? 😄

Have a good day, I on my way out in Nature now 😉

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We don't. We don't know what sort of life exists in other galaxies. Could be a cloud of intelligent gas, or a silicone like blob.

All humans know is what is on planet earth. The rest we guess.