Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

On 8/12/2021 at 4:46 PM, mauGR1 said:

Wake up, i am obviously meaning "scientific " as "willing to know ".

I thought it was obvious. 

Science means knowledge, understand?

Wake up. The words and language you use MEANS something. Without precise language misunderstandings are more common than the flu. My response was perfectly appropriate for what you posted.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 11:17 PM, mauGR1 said:

There's a difference between "being driven " and "having a purpose ".

Do i really need to explain it to you ?

Well, no, pls try to find out by yourself ????

Oh... when it suits you you CAN be precise with language. ????????????

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Oh... when it suits you you CAN be precise with language. ????????????

Oh, by the way, I'm still waiting for you to correct me on what I wrote about consciousness research, since you pointed out that I had no clue. 
Please be precise in your explanation. Thank you

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Jesus Christ superstar was not bad.

The actress who played Magdalene sang a beautiful song, "everything's alright ".

From a lifelong atheist... the rock-opera JC Superstar was phenomenal. Saw live in The  States in the 70s. The music is superb (had the album and wore it out). The story a tragic fairytale. Great stuff...long as not taken too seriously. Camelot was a great story too. Saw live 3 times. Both wonderfully entertaining. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

From a lifelong atheist... the rock-opera JC Superstar was phenomenal. Saw live in The  States in the 70s. The music is superb (had the album and wore it out). The story a tragic fairytale. Great stuff...long as not taken too seriously. Camelot was a great story too. Saw live 3 times. Both wonderfully entertaining. 

I watched when I was 14, so i didn't really appreciated it, but my sister bought the LP, and the music was ok.

Have to add that in those teen years i was a convinced and ferocious atheist. ????

1 hour ago, Sunmaster said:

Oh, by the way, I'm still waiting for you to correct me on what I wrote about consciousness research, since you pointed out that I had no clue. 
Please be precise in your explanation. Thank you

@mikebikeAre you gathering your research papers? I don't have the whole day...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Original Post-----Do you believe in God and why

Answer =  NO!.

For people that have travelled and seen the world over many years, there are far too many wars, ethnic violence and hatred in the name of religion and god.  Hypocrisy.

If you look just a bit deeper, you may find out that wars and crimes in general are motivated by greed. 

As we are seeing the decline of religions everywhere, according to your reasoning,  all evil will disappear,  right ?

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

If you look just a bit deeper, you may find out that wars and crimes in general are motivated by greed. 

As we are seeing the decline of religions everywhere, according to your reasoning,  all evil will disappear,  right ?

If god existed he would stop evil

He doesnt exist

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Thanks God i didn't watch it, but Jesus Christ superstar was not bad.

The actress who played Magdalene sang a beautiful song, "everything's alright ".

The one song I remember was "I don't know how to love him". In Singapore I used to go to the Imperial Hotel to see a Korean  band that sang English language songs, and they played that one a lot. Very moving if one thinks about the words, and knows about Mary Magdalene from the Bible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

"I can't have you", the Disco song

555 great tune and to get this semi-sorta back on topic...like The Beatles, Travolta was more famous than Jesus in the 70s! ????

Edited by Skeptic7