Stop trying to bring Western ideals

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Expats down in Pattaya are whinging about sidewalks/ foothpaths being uneven.

another expat is out picking up rubbish on the beach.

One can only guess that your not reliant in some way on a wheel chair or other assistance devices (and never will be)?

And pollution is okay by you?

Each to their own I guess. BTW - don't forget your monthly shower or bath either before putting on clean clothes! And you could make life easier for yourself by sleeping in the gutter - that way you can have breakfast in bed!   ???????????? ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I don't dispute your stats, my post was a bit sarcastic, and based on what we read on Thai news.

In European countries "hits and runs" are more rare, because of the density of the population, among other factors.

In the west imo hit and runs happen less because of the consequences of getting caught (as you say pop. increases chance of detection). In Canada it can cost you many ways for a long time. If the laws were enforced efficiently here the numbers would lower. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

You've obviously never been to York City F.C. (Kit Kat stadium) visitors end toilets. The worst toilets in the world. No crappers either, just urinals, so guess where people take a crap.

York City is not the west. 

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

My Chineese new toilet, is the best I ever had! 

Actually I found them to be the same as Thai toilets. Rough interiors. Susceptible to skid marks. Western toilets are smoother and have better sliding surface so as to eli!minate those dried stickums that are so much of a hassle as you are trying to get ready and clean house for a monthly date.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Actually I found them to be the same as Thai toilets. Rough interiors. Susceptible to skid marks. Western toilets are smoother and have better sliding surface so as to eli!minate those dried stickums that are so much of a hassle as you are trying to get ready and clean house for a monthly date.

Which is why we have bum guns in Thailand. They certainly give Thailand the edge over Western Crappers.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I view it as the only way forward.

Let's put white folk first for a change, after all, we invented modern civilisation and almost everything in it.

Black people invented people. Out of Africa and all that.

1 hour ago, hanuman2543 said:

That is because they have no beaches. 

Yeah but they don't allow imaginary smoking there either.

PS dude that is the burn of the year. Although I guess he will come back and claim that there is a beach up In Vien vang

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Which is why we have bum guns in Thailand. They certainly give Thailand the edge over Western Crappers.

Yeah i sprayed the bum gun on my rough toilet more than on my cute, yet manly bum. That's why I gave up corn.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Black people invented people. Out of Africa and all that.

Yeah but people werent modern until the Scots invented the modern world and handed it over to the Yanks as being the only competent country left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah but people werent modern until the Scots invented the modern world and handed it over to the Yanks as being the only competent country left.

And then look what happened, they invented the A-Bomb and just had to try it out. Very modern. No thanks.

6 minutes ago, moontang said:

I was buying 100 g of cashew nuts last week.  The guy uses his bare hand.  It would be highly unlikely you would see that in America.  It aint culture, it is common goddamn sense.  I walked away.  No 37 baht bag of cashews; no echoli, no hep C.

Naw dude he used his clean hand. He only touches the equipment with his other hand, ya, know the one that digs in the crevices a bit

Footpaths being uneven is a matter of PUBLIC SAFETY and has nothing to do with "importing US values to Thailand". The politically correct stuff I could not care less about. Thais will never be PC and it rather amuses me. Of far MORE importance is traffic laws. Call it "importing values" if you like, but when a country has NO right of way for pedestrians, it is simply backward. Crossing the street is highly dangerous. Sanitation is another concern, If you poison someone with your product, you should pay a very high price. My main concern is the "I own the road" attitude of Thai drivers, which is anathema in any developed country. And no, they DON'T have the right to endanger human life with their "culture".  I am NOT a believer in the "their country, their rules" idea. Most of the world did not seem to accept that idea when the Soviet Union and other communist countries were committing atrocities, why should Thailand get a pass???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

I've always said ... take away western toilets, toilet paper, air conditioning, bread, western food and fancy supermarkets, the internet then double the prices for fe/male companionship  -- 80% will be gone in 90 days.

It amazes me how even the most skint farang manage to live in a bubble since 2000.

Western toilets - even Thais love these

Toilet paper - don't use it

air cond - everyone love this, now you're just being stupid

bread - 7-11 will not stop selling or I could make my own

western food - too over priced anyway

fancy supermarkets - Makro is more than good enough, they got everything

internet - will never go away

double price for ladies - with my old lady I'm paying way more than double already

• Like 1

no and we don't need the People who are not capable to adapt to the rules and traditions.

A Russian Tourist shouts at 7/eleven to the staff member: You must learn Russian, while I ordered my Ciggies in Thai. 

Eastern wh*res are walking with Bikini into BigC and if reminded that this is not polite, they tell you to f** off..

Buffets getting raped by the world champions in piling food (Russians), not that they eat all but they sure have a 2nd plate to waste 5 Minutes later.

Chings are standing at the buffet and sneezing right into it while their kids have a good dump under it. 

Queuing Westeners and Thais getting overrun by Chings who seem not to get a bit of it why there is a Queue.. 

I fully agree the westerners have done already some damage but these new tourists are really hitting the bottom out of the barrel.

Beside this the Thais are learning from outside as well and adapt to what they have seen in Europe and USA

And with the growth of big cities there needs to be an infrastructure adjusted. All these Condominiums at the beach resulting that beach rd and the main venues are permanently blocked by traffic.. 

Motorbikes start using the Footpaths to come ahead...

We can't stop the time but when all use a bit more brain the progress would be slowing down..  

And less we have influence at all to stop changed.. 

Edited by See Will

19 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

am NOT a believer in the "their country, their rules" idea. Most of the world did not seem to accept that idea when the Soviet Union and other communist countries were committing atrocities, why should Thailand get a pass???

Somehow comparing the absolutely atrocious driving habits of the Thais (a trait shared by most other countries in the world, except for the US, Canada, Germany and Japan) to the Chekists sinking barges full of Zheks into a Siberian Lake is a bit over the top.

20 minutes ago, See Will said:

no and we don't need the People who are not capable to adapt to the rules and traditions.

A Russian Tourist shouts at 7/eleven to the staff member: You must learn Russian, while I ordered my Ciggies in Thai. 

Eastern wh*res are walking with Bikini into BigC and if reminded that this is not polite, they tell you to f** off..

Buffets getting raped by the world champions in piling food (Russians), not that they eat all but they sure have a 2nd plate to waste 5 Minutes later.

Chings are standing at the buffet and sneezing right into it while their kids have a good dump under it. 

Queuing Westeners and Thais getting overrun by Chings who seem not to get a bit of it why there is a Queue.. 

I fully agree the westerners have done already some damage but these new tourists are really hitting the bottom out of the barrel.

Beside this the Thais are learning from outside as well and adapt to what they have seen in Europe and USA

We can't stop the time but when all use a bit more brain the progress would be slowing down.. 

You dude...in English we dont say "Chings" (sic) anymore. Its like the N word. Chinamen is OK as is Chinese, Yellow Horde, Eastern Peril, Red Ants, Hans, Fookoing Commie MFs as well as addding the adjectives, Rude, Arrogant, Cheap Charlie, Clueless, Nasty, Digusting and any combo of the above to the foregoing, which can give you, at the buffet line queuing with the queless, such memorable phrases like "Look at those Disgusting Cheap Charlie fookoing Commie MFs snarbling and slobbering all over the crab legs"...or my favorite in the Thermae "Yo dude, quit pushing me and being a clueless and arrogant Han, the Pussy aint gonna evaporate ifin you dont RUN around the bar for Maos sake"......

But your rant sounds Pattayaistic

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You dude...in English we dont say "Chings" (sic) anymore. Its like the N word.

I didn't know it was a problem. In England we still have Chinkie takeaways. Thais still refer to them as "Chin". It's not as if they're known for their big chins. 

I'd always assumed that it was a respectful reference to the Chin Dynasty, the first Chinese dynasty.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I didn't know it was a problem. In England we still have Chinkie takeaways. Thais still refer to them as "Chin". It's not as if they're known for their big chins. 

I'd always assumed that it was a respectful reference to the Chin Dynasty, the first Chinese dynasty.

Dont dont be defensive around me now, Im the most vulgar ethno slurrer in the world. I have Albanian jokes in my repetoire. And I myself have more Chins then a Shanghai phonebook.

Just saying. You Brits are a bunch of foogling rascists anyway, like those chavs at Arsenal and Chelsea matches.