Savannakhet NON O Visa, multiple entry, based on marriage to a Thai national, application on Thursday, April 18, 2019 - Report

2 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Just done the same in HCMC, was a breeze 1st in the que,  out in under 5mins, picked up the next day again out in under 5 mins.

I find HCMC better for the run more to do and see also better hotels.

Was the paperwork list identical for HCMC?

2 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Just done the same in HCMC, was a breeze 1st in the que,  out in under 5mins, picked up the next day again out in under 5 mins.

I find HCMC better for the run more to do and see also better hotels.

Ah I think i will try HCMC on my next run.  So basically same documents as Savannakhet except different location.

So is it drop off in the morning one day pickup afternoon next day?

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need page 1 and the page your wife is registered on. They certainly do not want more than those 2 pages.

Ok. They took all 3 pages. I thought better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, Peterhua said:

Do they still give free visa on arrival there for some nationalities? 

They do for some Euro countries.

As I Brit I got two weeks waiver on arrival earlier this month.

Only problem being you need to show a air ticket out before you board the plane to Vietnam, or they won't let you on.

Vietnam immigration don't give a damn about your ticket out (or not), it's just the airlines causing the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadowmaster1971 said:

Ah I think i will try HCMC on my next run.  So basically same documents as Savannakhet except different location.

So is it drop off in the morning one day pickup afternoon next day?

You need a letter from your wife to the HCMC consulate asking them for your VISA.

That's the main difference.

@bkkfaranguy

No finances, but have to leave Thailand every 90 days.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bkkfaranguy said:

Does HCMC require 400K in the bank, do they do multiple entry and do you have to leave the country every 90 days or can you just report in with immigration? Savannakhet no 400K is required, you must leave Thailand every 90 days by air.

It is the same non-o visa as Savannakhet. No financial proof is needed.

• Like 2

HCM requires a letter from wife also? Really?

My wife works offshore now but I got her to give me signed copies of tabian bahn, passport and ID card before she left. So if they need a letter then I will need to go to Savannakhet again. Its so boring there!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need page 1 and the page your wife is registered on. They certainly do not want more than those 2 pages.

Regarding copies of Tabien Baan; Are signed copies my wife's Tabien Baan sufficient? I live with her in Thailand, but am not listed in her Tabien Baan as a resident, just her.  Thanks!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, davhend25 said:

Regarding copies of Tabien Baan; Are signed copies my wife's Tabien Baan sufficient? I live with her in Thailand, but am not listed in her Tabien Baan as a resident, just her.  Thanks! 

From previous experience you don't need to be listed in her TB.

1 hour ago, davhend25 said:

It is not needed since you cannot be listed in her Tambien Ban. Only Thais and those with permanent residency can be listed in it.

47 minutes ago, xkkpafi said:

So no need for a happy family photo in front of the house with the house number clearly displayed? No need for a map showing where the gaff is located from the nearest main road?

Not needed for a visa application at a embassy or consulate.

Those are only required apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage at a immigration office.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

I also avoid going on Mondays. It's also worth bearing in mind when going to the consulate that getting there 30 minutes or more after it opens means there is no queue.

This has been true for the past 7 or 8 years that I have used Savannakhet but certainly not true today. I am in Savannakhet waiting to pick up a 1 year non-imm tomorrow. I meandered up at 0945 and the queue was nearly out the gate. It was bang on 1100 when the guy took 30 seconds to scan over the paperwork and give me a number - 76. What happens if you are still waiting at 1100, do they just shut the window and say "Come back tomorrow?"

It looked like the vast majority were trying to get a Tourist visa with a fair few being denied on the financials. Savannakhet looked like it was getting all those from Vientiane who didn't want to book an appointment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tubber said:

What happens if you are still waiting at 1100, do they just shut the window and say "Come back tomorrow?"

If you are inside the gate before 11 they will keep processing applications until they finish.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are inside the gate before 11 they will keep processing applications until they finish.

Cheers ubonjoe that's good to know. All the same documents as in the original post except just the first page and the wifes page from the Tabian Baan photocopied on the same sheet and signed by her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tubber said:

This has been true for the past 7 or 8 years that I have used Savannakhet but certainly not true today. I am in Savannakhet waiting to pick up a 1 year non-imm tomorrow. I meandered up at 0945 and the queue was nearly out the gate. It was bang on 1100 when the guy took 30 seconds to scan over the paperwork and give me a number - 76. What happens if you are still waiting at 1100, do they just shut the window and say "Come back tomorrow?"

It looked like the vast majority were trying to get a Tourist visa with a fair few being denied on the financials. Savannakhet looked like it was getting all those from Vientiane who didn't want to book an appointment.

Interesting to know. Thanks.