Savannakhet NON O Visa, multiple entry, based on marriage to a Thai national, application on Thursday, April 18, 2019 - Report

21 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

The guarentee letter is listed on the HCM website as being required.

What is so difficult about that. I is just a short letter from your wife requesting the issue the visa.

22 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Is Tokyo an option or do they only process for Japanese people?

Only Japanese or legal residents can apply for visas there.

6 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Wife is working in Italy until October ????

Doesn't Italy have a postal service, FedEx or DHL?

Or you could get her to write and sign the letter than email a copy to you, print and submit the email (no need to tell them it's a print).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Doesn't Italy have a postal service, FedEx or DHL?

Or you could get her to write and sign the letter than email a copy to you, print and submit the email (no need to tell them it's a print).

Thanks. I probably could but she is on a boat and probably to shy to request assistance. I will just do the Savannakhet run again

• Like 1

I sent a message to Ubonjoe but am not sure it delivered. I'll ask the general forum. Living here for over 20 years with Thai wife and 12 year old daughter. I have just been denied an extension to my non immigrant visa based upon marriage here in Chiang Mai. Reasons seem to be that my Bangkok Bank book does not have FTT in front of entries. I receive Australian pension every 4 weeks, 13 payments per year paid direct from Australian government to my account here in C/Mai. Each 4 weekly payment now amounts to approximately 39,000 baht or a little less according to bank rates. 13 payments a year come to about 500,000 baht a year or a little over. Immigration will not believe my bank book or the statements for 6 months from the bank. If it is not coming from overseas then I would like to thank whoever is sending me all this money every 4 weeks. It appears I now have to go to another country to get another non immigrant O based upon marriage. Advice please on where to go and any assistance will be gratefully received. Looking at other posts on here Suvannakhet might be the answer. Incidentally they did give me a 60 day extension. Thanks for any advice. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, paulchiangmai said:

I sent a message to Ubonjoe but am not sure it delivered.

I replied to you message 16 hours ago. I sent you a lot of info including downloads for the police order.

A average income of 40k baht per month is allowed for extensions of stay based upon marriage. I think the officer confused the requirements for retirement with those for marriage.

How have you been transfering your funds into the country?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, paulchiangmai said:

I sent a message to Ubonjoe but am not sure it delivered. I'll ask the general forum. Living here for over 20 years with Thai wife and 12 year old daughter. I have just been denied an extension to my non immigrant visa based upon marriage here in Chiang Mai. Reasons seem to be that my Bangkok Bank book does not have FTT in front of entries. I receive Australian pension every 4 weeks, 13 payments per year paid direct from Australian government to my account here in C/Mai. Each 4 weekly payment now amounts to approximately 39,000 baht or a little less according to bank rates. 13 payments a year come to about 500,000 baht a year or a little over. Immigration will not believe my bank book or the statements for 6 months from the bank. If it is not coming from overseas then I would like to thank whoever is sending me all this money every 4 weeks. It appears I now have to go to another country to get another non immigrant O based upon marriage. Advice please on where to go and any assistance will be gratefully received. Looking at other posts on here Suvannakhet might be the answer. Incidentally they did give me a 60 day extension. Thanks for any advice. 

Believe the requirement is 40k or 65k per month total deposits for marriage/retirement if using income from countries not providing embassy paperwork so at 39k or less that is likely the main reason.

Yes Savannakhet or HCMC are the local options to obtain multi entry O visa for marriage without bank financials.  In Savannakhet will need original marriage certificate/copy and well as copies of home register and wife ID card (all signed by her) and normal visa paperwork.  At HCMC will also need a brief letter written by spouse requesting visa be issued.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe the requirement is 40k or 65k per month total deposits for marriage/retirement if using income from countries not providing embassy paperwork so at 39k or less that is likely the main reason.

Average income for a year is allowed for an extension based upon marriage. From the amendment to the police order.

image.png.a06b57cbd7841fd2a60ffbeee3e90224.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

However, Paul receives his pension every 4 weeks, hence 13 payments a year rather than calendar monthly.   He could possibly request a letter from his bank confirming the applicable credits to his account are indeed foreign transfers.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes Savannakhet or HCMC are the local options to obtain multi entry O visa for marriage without bank financials.  In Savannakhet will need original marriage certificate/copy and well as copies of home register and wife ID card (all signed by her) and normal visa paperwork.  At HCMC will also need a brief letter written by spouse requesting visa be issued.

I seem to recall that Hanoi is also a similar option. Not sure if this still applies. Might be a cheaper flight if you live in Chiang Mai.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulchiangmai said:

Chiang Mai Immigration Office wants extension applicants to go through a visa  agent.  CM IO used to force people to line up hours before the office opened to force people to use agents.  Now, Chiang Mai is refusing extensions and Non-O visas to people with proper documentation and funding.  Go to an agent and you will receive the extension. 

A 1 year Non-O ME visa will cost the same or more money as an agent and is a lot more aggravation since you will be forced to leave Thailand every few months for a border run.    Go to an agent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Denim said:

I seem to recall that Hanoi is also a similar option. Not sure if this still applies. Might be a cheaper flight if you live in Chiang Mai.

HCMC (Saigon) is what I have read, and payment is in USD only I believe.  Flight price is only about 300 baht less to Hanoi from Chiang Mai in quick Google check.

Ubonjoe, I didn't think for one moment that you would not reply if you received my message, I have great faith in you. However I am a computer dummy and cannot find the reply anywhere, is it possible for you to put it on this page that I am writing this on? Or better still to send it to my e.mail  <removed>   I really appreciate all the advice I can get. Thanks Joe.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed email address (forum rule)

4 minutes ago, paulchiangmai said:

Ubonjoe, I didn't think for one moment that you would not reply if you received my message, I have great faith in you. However I am a computer dummy and cannot find the reply anywhere, is it possible for you to put it on this page that I am writing this on? Or better still to send it to my e.mail  [email protected]   I really appreciate all the advice I can get. Thanks Joe.

Did you click on the envelope at top of forum?  That should give you a list of messages and just click on your message to see replies.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, paulchiangmai said:

Ubonjoe, I didn't think for one moment that you would not reply if you received my message, I have great faith in you. However I am a computer dummy and cannot find the reply anywhere, is it possible for you to put it on this page that I am writing this on? Or better still to send it to my e.mail  <removed>   I really appreciate all the advice I can get. Thanks Joe.

Have you checked you in box. It will at end the message you sent me.

I removed you email address but pasted it into the address to an email to you shortly.

• Like 2

Did my Non-O last week in Savannakhet as well which was my first time doing so there. I usually go to Jakarta and last year I did it in Penang. My observations from Savannakhet:

- Arrived to the consulate right at 9:00AM on Wednesday and already 80 people ahead of me.

- Took over an hour to get to the window, half of that time was spent in sun, they don't provide full shade.

- I would say a 1/3 of the visa line were Filipinos applying for TVs.

- Provided same set of docs to the consul and application was accepted, no problem.

- Line to leave Laos on Thursday at FB2 was about 30min., entering Mukdahan was about 40min. 

All in all, not much fun and this was the worst wait ever in my 11 years on doing this visa. Next year I will be doing it in my home country due to the timing and in 2021, my plan is to buy the 5yr. Elite Visa.

• Like 1

FRIMU "Before going to Savannakhet I researched for new infos. I wanted to go for my 2nd multiple entry NON O visa based on marriage. I found contradicting remarks about what to hand in precisely."

There are multiple posts on what to get, and myself and others wrote visa run reports with photos, etc.

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

There are multiple posts on what to get, and myself and others wrote visa run reports with photos, etc.

Indeed but it is often harder to find information on this forum then it is to keep cool (which is not easy this year).  Often best chance, if no recent threads with obvious names to suggest contact, is a general Google search - which often results in Thaivisa threads as linked that will have the information. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, bkkfaranguy said:

you must leave Thailand every 90 days by air.

I would like to get some clarification / confirmation on this point from someone who can and knows it for certain.

because this is first time I see this emphasizing about air. is it sure that such "runs" can't be done by land to some nearby country? 

and one more another question: since anyway the border runs (leaving the country every 90 days) is a compulsory condition for this kind of Non-O visa, then in any case it can only be multiple entry (ME). in other words, they do not issue this visa in single entry option, which would mean obtaining re-entry permit every 90 days. is that correct?
what I mean is - there is only 1 option, $200 for ME visa.

15 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Would a Multi Entry Permit last for one year or just for the initial 90 days?

A re-entry permit is only valid for the length of the permit to stay it is issued for. A single or a multiple re-entry permit for a 90 entry would only be valid for those 90 days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A re-entry permit is only valid for the length of the permit to stay it is issued for. A single or a multiple re-entry permit for a 90 entry would only be valid for those 90 days.

Presumably I would need to get a new re-entry permit for every 90 day border run?

19 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Presumably I would need to get a new re-entry permit for every 90 day border run?

If you had a multiple entry non-o visa you would not need a re-entry permit. It allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2019 at 3:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can get one based upon marriage there with no financial proof.

hi ,my visa expire soon in july. but have to make again before, bcs i have 2x 4 week travel

i would be happy get a nono multi in hochimin , bcs would fit with traveling ..ut i cant and dont need any single entry visa//

ARE YOU SURE FOR NON RESIDENTS IN HOCHIMIN  CAN GET A VISA NON O MULTI ????  anybody was there recent who is not a residnet of vietnam and get the visa ????  and if yes what paper they want

THE WEBSIDE IS STAING THE OPOSITE !!!!!

1. 1.4 Having the nationality of or Vietnamese permanent resident status in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.
    1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14  B.E. 2535.

2. Required Documents
    - Passport with validity of not less than 18 months.
    - Copy of Vietnamese Temporary / Permanent Residence Card (not less than 6 months)
    - 3 copies of completed visa application forms.
    - 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months.
    - 3 copies of personal data form or CV
    - 3 copies of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
    - In the case of submitting bank statement, 3 original copies of letter of guarantee from the bank are required.
    - 3 copies of letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).
    - 3 copies of medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tubercolosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third Step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).
    - In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for  the Category ‘O-A’ (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ visa.  A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission.

20 minutes ago, lapamita said:

hi ,my visa expire soon in july. but have to make again before, bcs i have 2x 4 week travel

i would be happy get a nono multi in hochimin , bcs would fit with traveling ..ut i cant and dont need any single entry visa//

ARE YOU SURE FOR NON RESIDENTS IN HOCHIMIN  CAN GET A VISA NON O MULTI ????  anybody was there recent who is not a residnet of vietnam and get the visa ????  and if yes what paper they want

THE WEBSIDE IS STAING THE OPOSITE !!!!!

1. 1.4 Having the nationality of or Vietnamese permanent resident status in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.
    1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14  B.E. 2535.

2. Required Documents
    - Passport with validity of not less than 18 months.
    - Copy of Vietnamese Temporary / Permanent Residence Card (not less than 6 months)
    - 3 copies of completed visa application forms.
    - 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months.
    - 3 copies of personal data form or CV
    - 3 copies of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
    - In the case of submitting bank statement, 3 original copies of letter of guarantee from the bank are required.
    - 3 copies of letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).
    - 3 copies of medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tubercolosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third Step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).
    - In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for  the Category ‘O-A’ (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ visa.  A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission.

You are quoting application for a non immigrant O-A visa for retirement from the data it seems.  This thread is about a multi entry non immigrant O visa based on having a Thai spouse - not retirement or the O-A visa.