Are retirees welcome in Thailand?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

What office is asking for a TM30 report when doing a 90 day report.

I have never been asked for TM30 form in all the years I have been here.

No problem to do the 90 reports.

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

You can be fined for TM30 when doing the extension, or if they rock up at your condo to ask

Yes - there are no reports of getting fined during 90 day reporting however, I meant in general you must do a tm30 everytime you leave/arrive

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

as long as you really have some money retirees are more than welcome here..

For the moment money in your homeland is also sufficient for many nationalities. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So the OP basically asks a general question about retirement enjoyment which was just a front for more ranting - getting well dreary now ! 

I've seen numerous threads get closed down for constant repetition …..

Its more a helpful reminder

Did you do your TM30 today?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i travel extensively all over Thailand and leave the country every other year and i have never reported my address in five years except the very first time I moved here. Same house five years. I have never had a bad experience with Thai immigration. 

Look you're very right about that, its not confirmed that it is even vigorously looked for - thats all just speculation from the number of threads we're seeing about people getting fined/IO rocking up at the door knocking where your tm30 is so you're right

Once its confirmed I'll post another thread 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

You could try Australia. If you are white we might let you in.

At a great cost to even apply for a Visa, sometimes more than 20,000AUD 

They are very welcoming especially if you are not from a Commonwealth WHITE country (not)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

always had that from day one. five years now 800k plus 365/24/7 in the bank. total non issue for me.

i travel extensively all over Thailand and leave the country every other year and i have never reported my address in five years except the very first time I moved here. Renting the same house five years. I have never had a bad experience with Thai immigration. 

the Intercontinental Hotel is having a wine tasting this afternoon.

Be NO Jacobs Creek on the tasting list I bet ????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

pattaya will announce the new TM711 form, required within 24 minutes (online) whenever subject leaves registered residence for the purpose of purchasing alcoholic beverages between the hours of 10pm and 7am.

must be signed by store clerk and manager of convenience store, and witnessed by condominimum security staff, with timestamps both upon leaving and returning to condo premises.

three (photos) of subject with alcoholic beverage must be uploaded as confirmation of purchase and ingestion.  photo one (1) at counter of convenience store with clerk pointing at bottle(s).  photo (2) should show subject re-entering premises with bottle(s) showing visible contents.  photo (3) must be taken in bedroom empty bottle on floor.  subject's feet must be visible and must be wearing maroon socks.

"Sorry mister, can you please sign my permission slip"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Pointless medical reports, some already have to go through that one. Having to report within 24 hours after re entry is another pointless one. If you have been at the same address for 15 years and they already have 100 bits of paper with the same address on it gets tiresome.

Never done a TM30, medical report, only 90 days report and annual extensions...for 7 years here in P'lok.

Sure, they are welcome, temporarily, like Snow Birds, hence the 90-day Non-Immigrant visa.  Farangs sign up for that then do the old switcharoo.   Like that dude you let park his RV/Caravan in your driveway temporarily, and then keeps asking for extensions, says he's "put down roots!" and "Has a life!".  :giggle:

image.png.4100113b0c40e6469169ccf24115539f.png