Pattaya Versus DaNang and the winner is?

Destiny1990

@JSixpack you asked me here if this thread can be closed now? but now i see  you already removed your question?

If this thread and or its outcome is upsetting for you then simply close it i think you’re capable doing so.

On other-hand if you have something interesting to add then don’t hold back. There are similar threads about Phillipines and Cambodia would you like to close them too?

Edited by Destiny1990

On 5/1/2019 at 9:41 PM, likerdup1 said:

The Danang Big C is very small version of a Big C with very little of the same convenient western style or for that matter Thai style foods that are nice to get in Pattaya.

Why do you go from Thailand to Da Nang for Thai food?

On 5/2/2019 at 1:07 AM, fhickson said:

If you like Patts, your probably not going to like Vietnam long term. Two different animals really.

This says it all.

The guys that like the p4p nighlife in Pattaya probably don't know how to talk to a girl who isn't from a Soi 6 beer bar.

Whereas in most of VN it's more a normal life to meet people and party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But I do have Thai family, and I've found Thai people tend to hang with their family in preference to unrelated 'friends'.

They usually have friends they grew up in same village or have otherwise known since kids. I guess they've learnt the same thing, not to trust any one unless you know them thoroughly (and even then be vigilant 24/7). Not a pretty side of the local culture. 

What about the Chinese in Vietnam? They already taking over the businesses?

On 5/2/2019 at 7:52 AM, KhunHeineken said:

If you like Patts, you're probably not going to like anywhere else in the world, long term.  ????

There is no other place in the world like Pattaya.  Anyone looking for a Pattaya, in any other country, will be disappointed.  There is no where else like it.

Angeles City?

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Practising or just in name only?

The girls I met in the Philippines and Vietnam seemed very happy I was a Catholic too.

The question arises when you get to the 'condom stage' of the conversation.

I would say as devout as the Thais with their Buddhism.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

The girl I met seemed very happy I was a Catholic too.

I would say as devout as the Thais with their Buddhism.

Ok fairly harmless then. I'll put that in the "mildly negative" column though.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:11 PM, sanemax said:

I disagree that road speeds are lower in Vietnam , the only reason why they seem to go slower is because of the amount on motorbikes .

Given the chance , they go full throttle and drive aggressively with a "me first , get out my way , beeeeeeeeeppppppp " attitude .

The only way to cross roads is to run and hope for the best . If you regularly cross roads in that manner , it would only be a matter of time before you get hit .

Run and hope for the best !!!!!!!!!

On 5/2/2019 at 2:29 PM, Destiny1990 said:

There will always be some posters in a thread spreading fake news.

32 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yeah, it's because all those locals are a boring lot and don't go out at night.

Or maybe you just want girly bars and not where the locals hang out?

I didn't notice any lack of action in Saigon.

I've been approached there more than any other place in the world (including Pattaya).

Also many coffee shops, bars and restaurants, hooker bars, night clubs (open until 3am), massage shops.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

I didn't notice any lack of action in Saigon.

I've been approached there more than any other place in the world (including Pattaya).

Come on , tell us about that 20 year old that you banged in Saigon .

(Or have you already mentioned banging 20year olds elsewhere today ?)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Truthfully, you can ask all the questions you want - all you will get is opinions and statistics.

Get on a plane and visit the places, that's the only way you will get a real flavour of anywhere to be honest.

Aggressive stray dogs?  Seriously?

• Confused 1

On 5/3/2019 at 1:44 PM, KittenKong said:

If I travel several times a year (which I do) I could easily not need to do the 90-day reporting at all.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, KittenKong said:

My retirement extension costs me 1900B per year. I see nothing in Vietnam at anything like that sort of cost.

Plus the cost of your multi re-entry.

I assume you're married to a Thai?

I'm married to a Viet and get a 5 year visa for $10, much cheaper than in Thailand.

And I can qualify for a Temporary Residence Visa after living there 1 year, and then a Permanent Residence Visa after a second year.

What do you have to do to get a PR? (rhetorical question, I know already)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodentwarrior said:

Truthfully, you can ask all the questions you want - all you will get is opinions and statistics.

Get on a plane and visit the places, that's the only way you will get a real flavour of anywhere to be honest.

Aggressive stray dogs?  Seriously?

Do you want to say Thailand doesn’t have aggressive stray dogs? 

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I'm married to a Viet and get a 5 year visa for $10, much cheaper than in Thailand.

And I can qualify for a Temporary Residence Visa after living there 1 year, and then a Permanent Residence Visa after a second year.

What do you have to do to get a PR? (rhetorical question, I know already)

Hi so according to you what are the top 3 popular cities in Vietnam that foreigners/expats/ retirees choose as being comfortable and popular cities for longterm staying?

in Thailand it would be Pattaya/Phuket/Bangkok.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:55 PM, marcusarelus said:

In the thirty or whatever military coups in Thailand how many people have been killed compared to the millions who died in Vietnam?

The millions who died in VN were the result of US invasion of the country.

How many millions of Thais do you think would be dead if the US did the same here?

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The millions who died in VN were the result of US invasion of the country.

How many millions of Thais do you think would be dead if the US did the same here?

Wssnt there a civil was going on in Vietnam before the USA got involved ?

46 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you want one. Even if you take it the total cost is below 6000B for an entire year of coming and going as you wish, and with the whole thing done in one visit to immigration at the beginning of the year. This seems pretty cheap and convenient to me compared to other countries.

47 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No. Not interested in living with anyone at all regardless of what benefits it might bring me.

32 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hi so according to you what are the top 3 popular cities in Vietnam that foreigners/expats/ retirees choose as being comfortable and popular cities for longterm staying?

in Thailand it would be Pattaya/Phuket/Bangkok.

For me I've only lived in Ha Noi and HCMC.

I like Ha Noi a lot but will be retiring in HCMC in a couple of years. I'm a city boy and ain't bothered about the sand or the sea. I will visit those places on holiday.

In both places the main foreign population that I have encountered have been working expats who have settled down in HN and HCMC except for 1 mate who was working in Da Nang, and so met a local girl and settled there.

So i guess the answer is that the popular place for each individual is going to be where your spouse is from.