Retirement Extension experience at Jomtien today

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

TM30? i have never had to give a TM30 to Jomtien immigration for my retirement extension.

Honestly I'm not sure if it's required but I copied it anyway to cover my butt and they kept it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scotinsiam said:

photocopied as much as I could to cover all the bases, they took all the copies so I assume they wanted them -In previous years unwanted copies were handed back to me but not today.

Because they use the unused side of gash A4 paper to  print off peoples next 90 day report date. Waste not.......  Nice to see recycling in process.

• Like 1

Good stuff, but what would happen if you didn't come later. Some times I haven't a clue what I am doing later. 
That's a good question, hope the answer becomes clear after the first people who renewed after the March 1st rules kicked in have to report in.

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So let me get this straight. I can still do a retirement visa by showing a seasoned 800G's in the bank. And then return 3 months later to show I haven't touched that money? I am married but I find that extension a pain.

• Like 2

So let me get this straight. I can still do a retirement visa by showing a seasoned 800G's in the bank. And then return 3 months later to show I haven't touched that money? I am married but I find that extension a pain.
this is the letter they gave me today. IMG_20190429_153134.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

And also why give them a copy of your leccy bill & condo bill ? I have never done that before.

Jomtien requires something with your address on it, like a utility bill.  I assume the OP was just being overly cautious by throwing in the condo bill, too.

16 hours ago, scotinsiam said:

I photocopied as much as I could to cover all the bases, they took all the copies so I assume they wanted them -In previous years unwanted copies were handed back to me but not today. I think the condo and electricity bill were taken as proof of address.

Sure, I can understand that, you have to take along whatever you think they might ask for when you don't have your own transport and maybe live some distance away. I always take a completed TM30, but it has never been asked for. I used to take my landline phone bill original and they kept that. I have since cancelled the always breaking TOT landline, so have to replace that with something next year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I always take everything but the kitchen sink, but in a seperate envelope, just in case. I never present anything that's not on the list, or isn't asked for.

That's the way to do it IMHO. :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Henryford said:

TM30? i have never had to give a TM30 to Jomtien immigration for my retirement extension.

I've never had a TM30 at Jomtien. Not required if you are on a retirement visa and returning to the same address that you have registered with TI.

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

It used to be required for the 90 day report only, but in recent years they've been demanding it for the 12 month extension too. I've been giving them a copy of the wife's house book and ID card. I always take everything but the kitchen sink, but in a seperate envelope, just in case. I never present anything that's not on the list, or isn't asked for.

Exactly as I did last week in Jomtien for my retirement extension, although I did have a couple of extras that were returned to me. A copy of my last 90 day report being one extra that was not needed.

I used the Brit Embassy income letter as proof of income and that was accepted without question. Next year, with monthly transfers from overseas being my preferred option, will need more planning after the last 5/6 years of stress free renewals. Thanks a bunch BE!! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scotinsiam said:

this is the letter they gave me today. IMG_20190429_153134.jpeg

this says 2 months prior not three as some are saying, I have been told  2 months as well at my immigration office so why are some being told 3 months prior to the day you apply, also says combination is allowed, really looks like some are making up their own rules

7 hours ago, seajae said:

this says 2 months prior not three as some are saying, I have been told  2 months as well at my immigration office so why are some being told 3 months prior to the day you apply, also says combination is allowed, really looks like some are making up their own rules

The new rules state TWO months not three.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Same experience as OP for me a few days earlier, plus applied for a re entry permit and did my 90 day report when I picked up the extension/passport. No problems whatsoever. IO's cheerful and helpful.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Jomtien requires something with your address on it, like a utility bill.  I assume the OP was just being overly cautious by throwing in the condo bill, too.

Would a photo by the condo pool also work?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, seajae said:
this says 2 months prior not three as some are saying, I have been told 2 months as well at my immigration office so why are some being told 3 months prior to the day you apply, also says combination is allowed, really looks like some are making up their own rules

Yes they are making there own rules up if my experience last week at Nong Khai is anything to go by. I was refused my extension and told to return the next day for going one day early on three months bank seasoning and income letter.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brianbbb said:

Jomtien is very quiet now most retired people are going the agent marriage route  or leaving 

I just think it is a quiet period. There was a mad rush at the end of last year with the loss of embassy letters  and other changes. None of the retirees I know have made the decision to leave. But I agree that some will be embracing the assistance of agents now. probably what was desired all along.

• Like 1

I used to always make a photocopy of the front of some utility bills to use as "proof of address" at Jomtien. Then they told me I could use my Thai driving licence instead (photocopy of front/back). Been doing that ever since.

Would be nice if they could co-ordinate the 90 Day report along with the "passbook verification" so you could do them at the same time. Jomtien considers the 90 Day report to be a separate matter and even if you renew your Extension 8+ days before your next 90 Day report is due, they won't change the day and you have to come back again.

(I had it once where I had to come back 10 days after I got my new Extension. They give you a week on either side of the actual date so if I'd gone a week early it would have been 3 days after my new Extension was issued.)

Other offices will reset the "90 Day" date to start from the date a new Extension is issued. If they are going to require passbook checks ever 90 days as well, it would make sense to combine the 2 so they could be done at the same time (preferably at the same desk by the same IO as well).

1 hour ago, brianbbb said:

Jomtien is very quiet now most retired people are going the agent marriage route  or leaving 

Could you please quantify your "most" ?

F0r me it means "at least 50%", but for you looks more like 1% :ermm:

On 4/29/2019 at 2:43 PM, Henryford said:

i was in there last week, went to the counter ask for a TM 30 the lady gave me one. i filled it out waited in line for my number some guy said to me why did you fill the form out he said  not necessary. i said really, the lady just gave me the form watch me fill it out. TIT CRAZY

Edited by Tomahawk21

8 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Could you please quantify your "most" ?

F0r me it means "at least 50%", but for you looks more like 1% :ermm:

If there are 5 barstools and 3 are empty and the guy next to you says it - that is considered most... 

I picked up my passport at 2pm yesterday complete with new extension and applied for the multiple re-entry permit.

Filled out the form, 3800 Baht

Copies handed in:

• Passport face page
  • New extension stamp
  • TM6
  • Arrival stamp

I was about 6th or so in the queue and was out of immigration and heading home at 2.30pm. fairly painless.

• Like 1