New government to take shape in June – Dr. Wissanu Krea-ngarm

webfact

New government to take shape in June – Dr. Wissanu Krea-ngarm

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4ARMaZaAQfN1vIRXIskNOqTQ

Thailand’s post-election government is expected to be formed in June, if the Election Commission (EC) is able to announce the official results of the March 24th general election by May 8th and endorse the 250 junta-appointed senators three days later, according to Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngarm on Thursday.

He also hinted that some ministers in Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Cabinet and members of the National Council for Peace and Order had been named senators, but they must quit their posts before their appointments receive Royal assent.

According to the timeline, Dr. Wissanu says that the first joint session of the Senate and the House of Representatives is due to take place 15 days after the announcement of the election results by the EC, which would be on May 23, with His Majesty the King presiding over the first parliamentary meeting as a traditional practice.

Source: New government to take shape in June – Dr. Wissanu Krea-ngarm

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-03

17 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Loyalists will move up to senate seats to further solidify current regimes hold on government...King will make it all offical...nothing much will have changed...

I think someone knew the eventual outcome of the election long ago...

Some of the senate seats will be filled by junta cabinet ministers and their officials and some from the junta appointed NLA members. Kind of lateral movement and still within the family. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nong38 said:

I think he plays for Real Madrid, always wears white with "Fly Emirates " across the front.

Sorry mate that was God. Transferred to Juventus last season.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

some ministers in Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Cabinet and members of the National Council for Peace and Order had been named senators, but they must quit their posts before their appointments receive Royal assent.

If Prayut isn't elected PM, can he have a senate seat instead?

If so he might become the President of the senate - and the ex-officio Vice President of the National Assembly of Thailand?

Now that would be a tangled parliament.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

if the Election Commission (EC) is able to announce the official results of the March 24th general election by May 8th and endorse the 250 junta-appointed senators three days later, according to Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngarm on Thursday.

That is the question: If?  The only thing they look capable of doing is incompetence and wrong doing. 

New government is a laugh.  Sadly, it is looking like the freedom hating, wet blanket general cha cha will continue serving the rich and usurping the average Thai's future.  

47 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If so he might become the President of the senate - and the ex-officio Vice President of the National Assembly of Thailand?

May be too late as all the senators have been selected and awaiting royal endorsement. Well unless he use 44 and thrust himself into the fray. Rumor mill has it that he will leave politics and someone with the initial A will be the unity PM. That will give the man a lot of goodwill in his new official role. 

There is a wild card in the making. Would it be played or not is to be seen.

There is a good reason why Prayut has been rather quite and why a few top heads have been moved or removed 

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

The only post which I think really matters to him is the top job on the privy council - bound to fall vacant soon.

That brings all the de facto power and influence one could wish for, for a very long time...

Edited by JAG

Given his personality, I think the current PM will tire of his job pretty quickly once he will lose his magic S44 wand and face scrutiny by elected MPs from the opposite camps. Unfortunately he has neither the brains nor the dignity to get out before that will happen, and things could get ugly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

May be too late as all the senators have been selected and awaiting royal endorsement. Well unless he use 44 and thrust himself into the fray. Rumor mill has it that he will leave politics and someone with the initial A will be the unity PM. That will give the man a lot of goodwill in his new official role. 

I'm not sure that "unity" would be the hallmark of such a premiership.

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

I'm not sure that "unity" would be the hallmark of such a premiership.

Maybe an acting PM is more appropriate. However his resume does give hope of some unity and acceptance by all parties. Will hope so it will happen in this very uncertain economic environment. I am sure the rich will not want a lame government for their wealth self preservation. 

Wow, what a Relief! 

Now they finished their work. 

They found a way to establish this govt by dissolving a Party, counting votes the right way and deny leaders from other parties to run for a seat. 

Very creative these soldiers. 

Congrats. 

Thailand move(s) forward

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Maybe an acting PM is more appropriate. However his resume does give hope of some unity and acceptance by all parties. Will hope so it will happen in this very uncertain economic environment. I am sure the rich will not want a lame government for their wealth self preservation. 

I think perhaps we are thinking about different Mr "A"s.!

The western educated politician or the soldier?

6 hours ago, JAG said:

I think perhaps we are thinking about different Mr "A"s.!

The western educated politician or the soldier?

Or perhaps not a politician nor soldier but a technocrat. Seem a more amicable profession for all sides.