After disputed election, Thailand expected to keep junta leader as PM

webfact

The Thai people voted and the right people are now in charge. Thais never said boo during the coup and they haven't marched in protest over " rigged election" 

farang sore losers need to step back and let democracy take its course

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thais never said boo during the coup and they haven't marched in protest over " rigged election" 

farang sore losers need to step back and let democracy take its course

"The Thai people voted and the right people are now in charge." Not that one was to do with the other, but then you knew that. The rest of your flapdoodle I can't really be bothered with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

"The Thai people voted and the right people are now in charge." Not that one was to do with the other, but then you knew that. The rest of your flapdoodle I can't really be bothered with.

You guys were always having a bet each way. If things went your way it would be because you always knew the Thai people would do the right thing. Now that it hasnt it was rigged. cant have it both ways sunshine

• Like 1

Good caption, ...when instead of 'disputed' the election would be called 'manipulated', that is, but 'TV' being part of 'The Nation', what to expect?

Frequent readers may know how deeply opposed I am against the abuses of the Shins and figurehead Thaksin, but this really sucks! It makes me think the military &Co. are so sure of their dominance they don't even care a yo about being credible.

What it does mean for the country's future they seem not to care any bit more. The trough, the trough, that is what it is all about! And the Thais, taxpayers, voters, the general population, will they go on taking this? I'm afraid so.

Why afraid? Because, when, possibly, once, they will get fed up, in one big wave, there will be a fight, violence, bloodshed.

And the military and elites should then not be allowed to pretend they did not see it coming, they did nothing wrong. I sincerely hope the Thais will find a smoother way to make their legitimate interests prevail, but I'm afraid they will not be listened to...

Most sad being, when such would happen, there is no all-respected Father figure anymore for everyone to listen to, to raise His voice and pour oil over the waves.

3 hours ago, Sunderland said:

So much blatant cheating that the population has given up trying to change the status quo. There will be change one day in the future and it will be bloody.

Same same UK .. Democracy is controlled , Dream on ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, stickyrice2000 said:

It looks like democracy.  They twisted, turned and cooked the laws to their liking.  They did everything under the laws now.  Congrats to Thailand.  (LOL)

You got it rite in one.   Looks like democracy.    Nuff said..

• Like 2

Just now, baboon said:

Yes, thanks: Was the election and the conditions it was held under free and fair?

Dude seriously during the coup out of the 60 million Thais the only people protesting were 170 Uni students and 17 TV members although hiding behind a key board.

Who is protesting today?  zip zero nada

I appreciate your attempts at baiting but Im getting bored with it. You got your democracy so move along now nothing more to see here

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Dude seriously during the coup out of the 60 million Thais the only people protesting were 170 Uni students and 17 TV members although hiding behind a key board.

Who is protesting today?  zip zero nada

I appreciate your attempts at baiting but Im getting bored with it. You got your democracy so move along now nothing more to see here

So in other words, 'No', followed by more white noise. Report me if you feel hard done by and let's see how that works out for you.

My GF and her sales team are also happy with the result. what we have on TV is Big Bwana still even in 2019 believing they are superior to the natives and their view must be correct and respected even though they are crusty, ancient and irrelevant

Edited by madmen
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

The party is expected to quickly form the next government since it needs only a few more votes in the elected House of Representatives to choose the prime minister under complicated new electoral rules written by the military regime.

The new "complicated electoral rules written by the military regime is a sort of Adolf's "Mein Kampf." He's neither a real soldier nor a politician. 

My dentist told me a year ago that this gentleman threw Thailand back for at least five years and especially the youth is suffering and of course the poor. She hates him, and I agree with her. 

A week later, a student committed suicide by jumping off the highest building on our campus. Thais want a democracy, but not with these people as leaders.

With wannabe soldiers in leading positions, the country's going down.

The election was so fake, and some villages/towns had 200 % more voices than people living there. And of course, were they all in favor of the liar who uses a paragraph to keep people quiet. Can't you smell that smell?

The attached photo says it all. The first photo shows what Thais want, the second what they don't want. 

what Thais want.jpg

two idiots.jpg

"A week later, a student committed suicide by jumping off the highest building on our campus."

As if that wasn't mental illness. That pic shows 50 people that I can count. show a top down pic stretching down sukhumvit? no of course not they dont exist

8 hours ago, ocddave said:

Yes, before a certain dictator buys more weapons and increases the military budget until he can squash all dissenters. 

They have had that capability for many years, as seen by the numerous coups this country has witnessed.