Behave! Rude Thais told to use the escalator and not the handicapped lift

webfact

26 minutes ago, vadid said:

Invariably the people using these are young able-bodied women, "weighed down" with handbags.  They are just too lazy and selfish to use escalators. When I had a wheelchair-bound friend staying with me, I had no compunction about pushing these oafs out of the way. Quite happy to return the dirty looks I got.

Prepare to meet thy doom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

It's the me, me, me thing.....

It's well established that many Thai folks don't read signs or listen to announcements and have very little knowledge of why things are done in certain ways.

They see a lift, they go for it, as simple as that. 

They don't say anything about the wheelchair bound person left behind because that would make them stand out in the crowd, highly undesired.

They don't say anything about the wheelchair bound person left behind because higher status persons should be doing that, and it would be acting above one's station in life, that would be very impolite. 

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes its rude, but it would be more accurate to call them selfish. Just the same with handicap/family parking lots, always taken by hi so cars.

So agree, Lotus near me has about 10 parking places for those with disabilities along with for some reason places for those with children. . If I want to use Lotus at 8 or 9 pm I still don't park in a reserved space out of habit , it must be a Thai thing to park in a blue bay when perfectly fit and be seen by all going through the doors that you are just too idle to walk further ...rant over.

• Like 2

What, is there no security officers at the station to curb this selfish behavior? Or at the least instruct these morons to give right of way to a disabled person. 

I am actually surprised, while I saw some able bodied people use the elevator at my bts stations I surely never saw a packed elevator.

And contrary to what other said about "thainess", when I use the elevator at work and at home I never had someone let the door shut on me, it's even funny how they hold the door even if they just see me coming from afar.

2 hours ago, GBW said:

What, is there no security officers at the station to curb this selfish behavior? Or at the least instruct these morons to give right of way to a disabled person. 

I think it would be difficult to find a security guard, with very little training and paid the daily wage of one groat and half a farthing, that would be willing to advise people that he has been conditioned to believe are his superiors not to do what they do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vadid said:

Invariably the people using these are young able-bodied women, "weighed down" with handbags.  They are just too lazy and selfish to use escalators. When I had a wheelchair-bound friend staying with me, I had no compunction about pushing these oafs out of the way. Quite happy to return the dirty looks I got.

Me too mate. Get a lot of women 25-40, usually dressed nicely with designer handbags who seem to ignore my "invisible" son in his wheel chair and just try and cut in-front or push by. 

Ouch! Metal is harder than flessh!!