I need a new health insurace

At the moment I am insured with the Thai Vivat insurance. I am very unhappy about this insurance. There cost a lot of money and according to there plane, they will charge me with 69 years about 180000,- THB.  At this insurance I have to pay more because I'm a farang, I have to pay more because a have a dangerous job (stay at home). If they have to pay something they are looking for reasons that they don't need to pay. That's why I'm looking for new insurance, who can recommend something?

At 180 000 baht premium this must be both in and outpatient cover? I have never seen a hospitalization only policy cost that much.

I have been very happy with April International insurance (issued out of France not to be confused with theirThai product, though their Bangkok office handles claims processing for both). I had a bad acccident recently and April paid the hospital directly in full, total over 600k baht with the approvals coming through rapidly at each stage. I bought the policy through AA brokers and have also been extremely happy with them , they went over and beyond the call of duty in making sure no hitches or delays in getting the guarantees of payment to the hospital, answering all my questions and making sure I knew all my entitlements.

At 65 with 500 USD annual reductible my premium was around US 2800 per year. Of course will be a bit more with each year of age. That is hospitalization only but it also includes outpatient follow up after a hospitalization, day surgeries and outoatient cancer treatments and dialysis.my broker was [email protected]

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

I have a very basic insurance, only inpatient, 1,000,000 THB / year no daily money, Life insurance only the minimum. I don't know how that work all in Thailand, but the insurance seller is a Family member and I have the filling I have here a spacial farang tariff. Yesterday I talk with an English man that life in my City, and he is insured in the same company, he is 63 year old (I'm 61) have also the basic, and pay for all the family something as 33,000 Thb / year.

On 5/17/2019 at 9:32 AM, Sheryl said:

At 180 000 baht premium this must be both in and outpatient cover? I have never seen a hospitalization only policy cost that much.

I have been very happy with April International insurance (issued out of France not to be confused with theirThai product, though their Bangkok office handles claims processing for both). I had a bad acccident recently and April paid the hospital directly in full, total over 600k baht with the approvals coming through rapidly at each stage. I bought the policy through AA brokers and have also been extremely happy with them , they went over and beyond the call of duty in making sure no hitches or delays in getting the guarantees of payment to the hospital, answering all my questions and making sure I knew all my entitlements.

At 65 with 500 USD annual reductible my premium was around US 2800 per year. Of course will be a bit more with each year of age. That is hospitalization only but it also includes outpatient follow up after a hospitalization, day surgeries and outoatient cancer treatments and dialysis.my broker was [email protected]

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Bit confused by the “issued out of France”, did you and can one get the same policy here in Thailand or did you do this as a resident in France?

2 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Bit confused by the “issued out of France”, did you and can one get the same policy here in Thailand or did you do this as a resident in France?

The company is headquartered in France. They issue expatriate insurance policies to people of any nationality who live outside their country of citizenship.   Expatriate policies are exactly that - policies for people living abroad. It has nothing to do with living in the country that the company is headquarted in.

There are many such companies/policies headquarted in the UK, EU countries etc. It is a great misunderstanding on the part of some people that to be insured in Thailand one has to buy a policy from a Thai company. You do not. That said, it is a definite advantage to have a company which has an office in Thailand to help process claims and communicate with Thai hospitals etc.

At 69 your options are pretty much limited to international companies anyway as most Thai companies will not issue a new policy at that age.

I have April Global's My Health International policy. 

https://global.april-international.com/en/living-abroad/myhealth-international

They also have a sort of Thai subsidiary that issues an insurance product called "My Health  Thailand"

https://global.april-international.com/en/living-abroad/myhealth-thailand

The internationally issued policy falls under EU insurance regulations, Thai issued policies come under the Thai OIC, and there are some other differences as well (but not big difference in cost).

All of this and more, a broker will explain to you. It does not cost more to go through a broker and a good broker will help you with claims afterwards. I have already recommended the broker I used.

There have been many threads in this forum (Health and also the insurance forum) on the pros and cons of different insurance policies.  See in particular

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1077110-health-insurance-for-expats-over-65-in-thailand/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Christophe Kajzar said:

I have a very basic insurance, only inpatient, 1,000,000 THB / year no daily money, Life insurance only the minimum. I don't know how that work all in Thailand, but the insurance seller is a Family member and I have the filling I have here a spacial farang tariff. Yesterday I talk with an English man that life in my City, and he is insured in the same company, he is 63 year old (I'm 61) have also the basic, and pay for all the family something as 33,000 Thb / year.

You sir have been stitched up by the family member