The week that was in Thailand news: Throwing the toys out of the pram

rooster59

I am posting for first time on TV, very good rant rooster, especially medical insurance, although most gofund me that i see are for tourists who fall of motorbikes, should be some coverage for those as well.

Regards

• Like 1

That is only until you're 55 AND if you are not a director of the company you would claim ss under.  Worse: if you happen to be a director your wife, Thai or not, is not entitled to any ss service either.

No new news here in ‘the week that was’, ‘ding ding, move along the bus please’. 

It really is a clear sick a broken society here, full of bs ‘victorian’ egotistical social status ‘do you know who I am’, and ‘nationalistic prejudice’ that somewhat seems to be slowly progressing into downright bigoted racism.

A enforcement and legal system that we’ll dare I say, and to finish it all off. 

Any updates on that rotting smell of a guy ‘big joke’ ? 

Excellent energetic rant. I take it your missus is back... ???????????? 

Totally agree with you about insurance. I've known so many people over my years here in Thailand that have slowly faded because they can't afford even the most basic medications. I feel sorry for their kids, and wives also, who in some cases sell everything they have before the farang finally dies.

At least Americans are used to the idea of taking insurance, but yes, us Brits often just assume I'll be alright Jack.

Edited by Andyfez
  • Like 1

I personaly know a guy in prak nam pran who got an 'on the spot' fine for putting the sign out at his thai wives eatery. he refused it and went through the courts and paid the 6000thb fine for not having a work permit.  there are also several cases of guys in their own bars being fined for talking to customers. 

• Like 1

Wonderful; 

An utterly wonderful read   

I wouldn't decribe it as a rant exactly, rather more like an informed , very intelligent and unbiased report.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Except that we are NOT "guests".....we are CUSTOMERS. We have value to the Thai economy. It's time the Thai government recognized what most Thais already know.

We are consumers.  We consume Thai goods and sometimes Thais and in return we bring and spend our money here.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Excellent energetic rant. I take it your missus is back... ???????????? 

Totally agree with you about insurance. I've known so many people over my years here in Thailand that have slowly faded because they can't afford even the most basic medications. I feel sorry for their kids, and wives also, who in some cases sell everything they have before the farang finally dies. 

At least Americans are used to the idea of taking insurance, but yes, us Brits often just assume I'll be alright Jack.

Ha ha....... You said it...... The whole deal revolves around the farang...... Pray that the F$%^$#r doesn't die !  The farang probably paid for it all anyway so it's basically just trying to keep the meal ticket alive.....       (who in some cases sell everything they have before the farang finally dies).  If only the dim wits in power could only see this ......They should be praying also that the Farang stays and remains healthy..... but it looks like a case of small willie syndrome....

• Like 1