UK PM May to make 'new, bold offer' in Brexit bill, Labour sceptical

webfact

1 hour ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes Labour lied to get votes which undermined the last General election. They promised to deliver Brexit then have tried to block it since they were elected.

They never promised to deliver Brexit by voting in support of a crap deal; a deal so crap it's hardly supported by anyone in or out of parliament.

Labor under commie Corbyn aren't likely to have achieved much better mind.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Does this mean that the previous version was a not so bold deal?

And will this vote be more "meaningful" than the previous meaningful votes?

Not only the worst PM ever, but becoming more of a pantomime figure daily.

I cannot disagree with that! 

What I'm hearing is that the Maybot is hoping enough MPs are going to be in fear after the main two parties are smashed at the EU elections, and that they'll also be fearful of a 'no-deal' PM (i.e. Boris) replacing her. She thinks she can get the deal across the line on that basis. 

That said, we already know Parliament won't allow no-deal, and that the EU won't budge on the WA. If Boris has any sense (which is unlikely), he'll propose we scrap the WA and aim for a comprehensive FTA - which I believe the EU already offered us. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

They never promised to deliver Brexit by voting in support of a crap deal; a deal so crap it's hardly supported by anyone in or out of parliament.

Labor under commie Corbyn aren't likely to have achieved much better mind.

Well see the results of this weeks EU elections to see if anyone still wants Brexit!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That said, we already know Parliament won't allow no-deal, and that the EU won't budge on the WA. If Boris has any sense (which is unlikely), he'll propose we scrap the WA and aim for a comprehensive FTA - which I believe the EU already offered us. 

I have no idea how this ends. But when gazing at my crystal balls, 'Badly' comes the answer.

The EU will not allow us to simply mess them about forever.

We have no option other to keep messing them about. We can't even agree among ourselves that water is wet.

Parliament will not allow a 'No Deal'.

They will also vote down any compromise.

Cross party talks are fruitless.

So Hard Brexit it looks like, then. The German car industry will not save us. The EU will not back down and don't care about World War II, which ended a lifetime ago. They didn't give us the easiest deal in human history.p

And so our mighty UK - until the Scots blaze their own trail - is finshed. But later on we can prosper? When will that be? The fallout resulting from our Exit and the subsequent blame game will keep us occupied for years to come. There won't be any time for deals as we squabble among ourselves over who was wrong. 

Meanwhile, we become Albania or a Balkanised couple of islands. But hey, at least we get blue passports...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, baboon said:

I have no idea how this ends. But when gazing at my crystal balls, 'Badly' comes the answer.

The EU will not allow us to simply mess them about forever.

We have no option other to keep messing them about. We can't even agree among ourselves that water is wet.

Parliament will not allow a 'No Deal'.

They will also vote down any compromise.

Cross party talks are fruitless.

So Hard Brexit it looks like, then. The German car industry will not save us. The EU will not back down and don't care about World War II, which ended a lifetime ago. They didn't give us the easiest deal in human history.p

And so our mighty UK - until the Scots blaze their own trail - is finshed. But later on we can prosper? When will that be? The fallout resulting from our Exit and the subsequent blame game will keep us occupied for years to come. There won't be any time for deals as we squabble among ourselves over who was wrong. 

Meanwhile, we become Albania or a Balkanised couple of islands. But hey, at least we get blue passports...

'Badly' or baldy?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 12:15 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Good idea. It's well known that the Queen is a remainer. 

We could always offer to let Europe have her and rest of the costly tribe. Might even be a deal clincher!

Edited by Krataiboy

18 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I cannot disagree with that! 

What I'm hearing is that the Maybot is hoping enough MPs are going to be in fear after the main two parties are smashed at the EU elections, and that they'll also be fearful of a 'no-deal' PM (i.e. Boris) replacing her. She thinks she can get the deal across the line on that basis. 

Canada +++ is still sitting on the shelf ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Breaking News...

Theresa May has told MPs they have "one last chance" to deliver Brexit, as she set out a "new Brexit deal".

MPs will get a vote on whether to hold another referendum if they back the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill, she said.

The bill also contains new guarantees on workers' rights, environmental protections and the Irish backstop as well a customs "compromise".

If MPs reject the bill, she warned them a negotiated exit would be "dead in the water" and Brexit could be stopped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48357017

Where the catch???

4 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Breaking News...

Where the catch???

I would think the catch is in having to vote for her Merkel/May Surrender Treaty first. There could be other traps too before they eventually got around to giving the choice of a 2nd referendum to the MPs. Her capitulation bill must get voted down and she would have almost certainly been replaced by a Brexiteer PM before a referendum vote could go to MPs. She lied to the electorate and is lying to the house commons too. Another bare faced lie 'bold' as brass.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Breaking News...

Where the catch???

I think the catch might be that she cannot or will not revoke article 50. On the morrow she will be on the side of the ERG and lambasting Brussels. Just more words...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Brigand said:

The EU looks like Hotel California to me and the only way out will be no deal WTO or just cancel the whole Article 50 with all the consequences of doing so.

Calafornia has to be better than the gorbells

22 hours ago, Brigand said:

The EU looks like Hotel California to me and the only way out will be no deal WTO or just cancel the whole Article 50 with all the consequences of doing so.

No, it's more like The Animals - We gotta get out of this place.

We gotta get out of this place
If it's the last thing we ever do
We gotta get out of this place, there's a better life
Don't you know, don't you know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1