Video: Dad out for a Sunday stroll with his little girl - pick-up "tearaway" flees scene

webfact

Video: Dad out for a Sunday stroll with his little girl - pick-up "tearaway" flees scene

10pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Horrific CCTV footage from Pathum Thani at the weekend showed the moment that a pick-up on the wrong side of the road drove straight into the backs of a father and his two and a half year old daughter. 

He died in hospital but the little girl survived with head injuries. 

The pick-up driver fled the scene. The family of the deceased said they know who it is. They have had problems with him before and have spoken to his father who has refused to accept responsibility. 

The incident happened outside a roadside restaurant in Klong 7 just after 8 am on Sunday. 

Ekapong Khamsuk, 35, was with his daughter Bonus, two and a half, walking hand in hand on their way to help out at a wedding. 

They never got anywhere near the wedding. 

The CCTV footage showed people in the restaurant rush to the scene. Ekapong died in hospital. Bonus is critical but showing signs of improvement. 

Sampao Khamsuk, 60, the victims' father and grandfather, said he know who did this. He described the man as a young local hotheaded tearaway who has had disputes with the family before.

He said there were braking marks on the road - the sound of braking can be heard in the video.

A family delegation went to his father's house but he refused to accept any responsibility. 

No mention was made of police involvement in the Thai Rath story. 

The media did not attempt to explain why the pick-up was on the wrong side of the road. 

Thaivisa notes that those who view the footage - and you might seriously consider not doing so - might conclude that despite the sound of braking this could have been a deliberate act. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-28

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Sad 2

I watched the video and its very clear that the pickup moved off the road into father and daughter maybe to move out of the way from the truck travelling in the opposite direction but none the less should have stopped at the scene not driven off which seems to happen far to much here .

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

This is horrific, disgusting in fact, words fail me, and thanks for the warning, I won't be watching the video.

I really do hope the piece of shit that did this is put away for a long long time. ????

I did watch it ...wish I hadn't.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

This guy needs to go to jail and only come out in a box. I can’t believe the police have not intervened? 

They got their brown envelopes if the father of the culprit is someone influential.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yet again, typical mentality of an uneducated low life scum bag in the land of paradise...

They cannot accept fault or responsibility. The ass wipe murderer attacks a defenseless father with child and ran away. Coward! Usual Thai treat. 

For once, I pray he gets from the child's family what he rightly deserves. Eye for an eye in this case.

The Thai murderer will probably  receive the usual slap on the wrist, told to do merit, say sorry and maybe offer money to the family of the man he murdered; money speaks volumes in Thailand because life is cheap, with the usual finger pointing and smiles, then the Thai murderer will probably be allowed go home to Mummy to drink whiskey and laugh about what he did.

Pathetic.

This is Thainess! Land of parasists. Aggresive. No respect.  Violent. Lawless. No compassion. Life is black and white.

Poor child. No father. May he RIP

Maybe farang will be expected to pickup the hospital costs etc.. It's the usual expectation from Thai for ATM farang to pay for everything...

1 hour ago, zedsj said:

i dont think both cars are driving on the wrong side, the video must be mirrored

Agreed again. If you view the video at 1:51 you get a 'right way round' view of the building that the poor victims walked out of, so the pickup was actually on the correct side.

I do have to comment that the father seems to have sauntered out into the road without a single backward glance to see if it was clear. Maybe this wasn't the coldblooded act that it's being made out to be.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cranki said:

Hand the pr!ck over to the family/village....

I am not sure if they would be cruel enough

I am against sharia - but this might be a cose for that inhumane kind of justice

Edited by sweatalot

46 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

the Thai murderer will probably be allowed go home to Mummy to drink whiskey and laugh about what he did.

No! He must go to the jail. Sure.

This is Thainess! Land of parasists. Aggresive. No respect.  Violent. Lawless. No compassion. Life is black and white.

This is not Thainess. Why you say like that? He is only one person. Crazy man.

I remember same happen in London before. Was he Thai also? No. Another place again.

Maybe farang will be expected to pickup the hospital costs etc.. It's the usual expectation from Thai for ATM farang to pay for everything...

Why a farang pay? For everything?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I believe you are indeed quite correct. The video is as observed through the reflection in a mirror or a screen shot.

Vehicles appear to be driving on the "wrong" side of the road. Horrifying to see and so very sad for that family/families. 

Also agree. I took my laptop and held it up to a mirror. The video in the OP seems to be mirrored.          This is a tragedy, a terrible accident. There is no excuse for doing a runner, not rendering assistance etc. I guess if the lad had illegal substances and or alcohol in his system, no license, whatever, he has certainly made some bad decisions and destroyed a family.   

RIP to the father and a speedy, full recovery to the young girl. 

• Like 2

The driver fleed the scene.  Almost a norm here.  Drunk, drugs, no licence, speeding.  He will be caught no doubt but the punishment will not fit the crime.

The video is mirrored so he was in fact driving on the left.  Surprised the news team didn't spot that before reporting that he was driving on the wrong side of the road.