Entry about to be denied

26 minutes ago, rott said:

Well you have done pretty much everything wrong. Taking a lady from a bar and expecting loyalty and respect/giving sums of money to her family/giving or sending her sums of money/feeling that you are responsible for her. Most people stopped all that over ten years ago.

And you think visas and immigration can be manipulated to suit your needs.

First golden rule: When a Thai woman looks at you she does not see a human being, just a potential source of income.

I understand the cynicism, but generalisations are dangerous. Exceptions exist. Especially if the girl's first experience with a foreigner is a good one, it can develop into a genuine loving relationship. It is even possible sometimes to have friends who are bar girls and end up with them buying you drinks when you are just out enjoying yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's not true of all Thai women but is definitely true of one you get from "a pimp's shop in Pattaya" to quote the OP. But he's obviously not going to listen to anyone's advice, even if they made exactly the same mistake he did. He's built his own little fantasy world and will remain in it until he's penniless and living in the IDC.
You seem to be quite rude . But anyways I have got all my options for visa. No point in bashing me or humiliating me when I have already been humiliated at the airport.

And I still say, the good single girls I met in Bangkok also expected a salary or some sort of payments in lieu of love. So why not try to keep a girl out of dirty business when I have to spend money anyways.

I had a choice between giving money to a medium rich bangkok girl for her extra expenses and shopping and a poor innocent girl whose family treats her like a Buffalo and puts all burden on her. I chose the later one.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

I am not dumb. I checked everything before taking out of bar. I know the dates when she left her previous low pay but respectable job. I have seen resignation paper and the date she claimed to join the " farang pimp owned business establishment" . Only 3 days difference.
She had to do it because her mom had huge debts from other people in her village which off course I paid to free the innocent soul of her migraine problem.

Please help us with a little more background. 

Q: How much were the "huge debts" and how/why were they incurred?  Where does the family non-loan income come from?

Q: In another post you suggest the mother is greedy.  Does that imply she's still holding her hand out for money?  Your reaction(s)?

No problem currently, once everything is properly established. However, there are a lot of rules around establishment of a foreign owned company (usually, it must be 51% Thai on paper) and there are professions that are not open to foreigners. Especially the initial setup can cost a fair bit, and you will need a lawyer.
I can read and understand the rules as long as they are in global english with correct grammar.

But I am now searching about this on Google and feels I need a firm with expertise in assisting foreigner open a small business in Thailand.
Great piece of advice sir. Thanks a ton.

3 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I can read and understand the rules as long as they are in global english with correct grammar.

But I am now searching about this on Google and feels I need a firm with expertise in assisting foreigner open a small business in Thailand.
Great piece of advice sir. Thanks a ton.

I'm a fan of britTim...this time he is being too kind. Forget about idea of business in Thailand unless you have some secret receipt. This thread is bit of joke. You want take your adopted gf to home country to protect and save from fate worse than death. Then think working in los is option. 

PS..does you gf have a child? Don't be offended. Its not meant to be negative question. Guys that have been here longish time would ask same.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of britTim...this time he is being too kind. Forget about idea of business in Thailand unless you have some secret receipt. This thread is bit of joke. You want take your adopted gf to home country to protect and save from fate worse than death. Then think working in los is option. 
PS..does you gf have a child? Don't be offended. Its not meant to be negative question. Guys that have been here longish time would ask same.
No she doesn't.

Too many BMs are talking about changes in LoS. Well, this is something that was decided by the government in December 2016.

I personally welcome these changes. They are cleaning the country.

The OP mentioned that he had issues at the airport. And he said 2 things that ring the bell :

-he has no job home

-he has 10 visas on arrival in 6 months

He is practically living in LoS......

Last year I read in pattayaone that 2 farangs were arrested at 7/11, caught stealing shampoo and some food.....and they were accused for stealing and in addition, they were overstaying their visas.....Awefull thing

Many farangs are doing too many wrong things in order to stay in LoS....

Thailand wants and needs more & more foreigners. But those who come and spend money and leave. They need more people with decent savings and stable income and solid long life insurance to retire in their country.

Not some trash who will be depending on some part time black jobb and/or some wrong doing to support themselves......

Cheers

/LoS Luver

Edited by Los Luver

29 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

Last year I read in pattayaone that 2 farangs were arrested at 7/11, caught stealing shampoo and some food.....and they were accused for stealing and in addition, they were overstaying their visas.....Awefull thing

OK ... they were presumably fined, deported and blacklisted from Thailand for five years. What has that got to do with people who enjoy Thailand, are law abiding, and well able to afford their visits?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BritTim said:

OK ... they were presumably fined, deported and blacklisted from Thailand for five years. What has that got to do with people who enjoy Thailand, are law abiding, and well able to afford their visits?

You see I read the The newspaper almost every day. In 2016 I was following the debate that politicians had about foreigners in Los. In December they decided that they would change things. A.o, crack downs on visa runs, overstayers....What's going on now, I knew it was coming....

Our OP said what he said. The immigration at BKK sticks to the facts

-A foreigner, 10 stamps in 6 months. He is unemployed.

He says he chose to, that's not a fact, just a statement. nothing backs that.... Immigration needs official documents..... Well, Im a king in my country......

Edited by Los Luver
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

He says he chose to, that's not a fact, just a statement. nothing backs that.... Immigration needs official documents...

Immigration rarely agrees to look at any proof of what someone states. Doing so would mean that there were real facts to guide their decision. It seems that the OP would be well able to show proof that he is financially secure. Yes, he could be financially secure, but still holding a low paid job illegally in Thailand, but is that likely? Are people any more likely to steal shampoo and food from a 7-11 on their 10th visit to Thailand than their first?

As far as we know, the OP has never overstayed in Thailand. There is no evidence he has done anything wrong (unless you are morally incensed at his living with a girl before they are married).

I actually believe immigration has some justification for arbitrarily denied visa exempt entry and visa on arrival. They are given the job of deciding whether people qualify for them. When they deny entry to people with visas from consulates for bogus reasons, immigration crosses the line IMHO.

The OP has a problem that the visa application in his home country (perhaps India, but we do not really know) was denied. This leaves him with restricted options.

• Like 1

Getting a new passport will do nothing.........when they scan your new passport it will bring up your entire entry history plus they now u face recognition........just go to Immigration line and get a regular 30 day stamp

You are making it significantly more difficult unnecessarily, stop trying to skirt the law and just do the right thing.

Edited by Captain 776
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Getting a new passport will do nothing.........when they scan your new passport it will bring up your entire entry history plus they now u face recognition........just go to Immigration line and get a regular 30 day stamp

You are making it significantly more difficult unnecessarily, stop trying to skirt the law and just do the right thing.

He is not eligible for a 30-day visa exempt entry. Did you read the first post of this thread? He has been coming on 15-day visas on arrival, and is likely from a country where he can only apply for visas in his home country.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Traubert said:

Would that be because the Chinese come as genuine tourists and when they finish their holiday they go home? Or because if they're coming for Education, when they've finished their education they go home? Lets say they're business people, they probably get the correct visa and renew it when it needs renewing.

Except for those on ED Visas who come to class once, have their photos taken, rarely to be seen again. Those tourists. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:
16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Apply for a non-immigrant visa, and don't listen to the anti Thai vitriol coming from so many westerners these days. Thailand is still a good place to be if you look, speak and behave well here.

I sure hope looking, speaking, and behaving well do not become yet another visa requirement...????

The correct translation would be, "I haven't been shaken-down yet by immigration, so I don't believe anyone else has - and they were wearing a wife-beater and covered in tats if they were."

• Haha 1

The problem with i/o is that they dont let the person speak. They shout at you, misbehave and put u on flight back.

This doesn't happen in western countries. I have seen border protection UK videos and they gave chance to speak to people who they had doubts were illegally working.

Well whenever i am in Thailand i had to withdraw money from my atm card. If i have statement for past few months showing cash withdrawals in Thailand does that do any good.

It serves as a proof that i am spending money. And the amount i withdraw is a lot more thn those low key jobs in Thailand which they might suspect me of doing .

18 hours ago, elviajero said:
19 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

She is my girlfriend. I give her money to buy food and study. That's it. I like to stay with her because I like to keep an eye on her that she is actually studying and get required papers for further education.

“I like to keep an eye on her”. You clearly don’t trust her! 

I’m sure if you financially support your ‘girlfriend’ — from your home country — she will be a model student and stay away from Pattaya.

Ever heard of "guidance"?  I don't see why anyone would bash this guy for doing this.  He is not doing the usual, "send her money from afar" routine, with no assurances the gal is better-off in the end.

But I suggest that unless you fix your trust issues the relationship is going nowhere, because you’re likely to be spending long periods apart.

Not if he takes her to another country where he will be "allowed by the authorities" to help ensure she gets an education, spending his own money to live and support her - unlike Thailand.

19 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

She had to do it because her mom had huge debts from other people in her village which off course I paid to free the innocent soul of her migraine problem. 

Final box ticked!

You are aware this is why many of those gals are in Pattaya bars, right?  The debts are very real, in many cases, and a general lack of financial-education leaves many families subject to predatory loans. 

Every small village has locals down there to make money to pay off debts - or working illegally in S-Korea, etc - often forced by their families to do one or the other, or be excommunicated.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

I know I am just another idiot spending money to keep a girl out of the dirty business. But if it makes me happy then what is the problem.

I admire what you are doing.  My wife was working a "regular job" in a hotel when we met, and continued for years after we began living together.  Living with me eliminated her overhead-costs, but I didn't make any cash payments, since she had her own income - but she already had her HS education, so continuing to work was appropriate. 

We did not get married until years later, so I agree quick marriage "for a visa" is not a wise move - though my visa-situation was often a worry for both of us.

11 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

My concern was about visa.

I have been advised
SeTv
MeTV
Marriage
Thai elite

I will try to get one of the first two as marriage is not possible due to her greedy mom and thai elite is very expensive and she only needs to stay about one more year in thai. After that anyway I will bring her to my country for further education { sponsored by me} .

Call me idiot but saving a girl from the clutches of prostitution business makes me happy.

I have another option to suggest - an Education Visa, which would be followed by extensions from immigration.  It's often corrupt (surprise, surprise), requiring you pay the school fees plus about 3K Baht per 3-mo extension for "no hassle" service and avoiding shorter extensions.  But, you can get a year out of this easily, before having to repeat the process.  As you only need 1 year, it is perfect.

Unless you live in Chiang Mai, where more Education options are available, a course in the Thai language - or another language offered, which is not native in your country - is the norm.

• Like 2

I have another option to suggest - an Education Visa, which would be followed by extensions from immigration.  It's often corrupt (surprise, surprise), requiring you pay the school fees plus about 3K Baht per 3-mo extension for "no hassle" service and avoiding shorter extensions.  But, you can get a year out of this easily, before having to repeat the process.  As you only need 1 year, it is perfect.

Unless you live in Chiang Mai, where more Education options are available, a course in the Thai language - or another language offered, which is not native in your country - is the norm.

Thanks for suggesting ed visa but its not being given to the people of my country. My gf checked it yesterday with a few thai language learning schools.

The reason is probably because my people have misused ed visa to work illegally in Thailand.

Thanks though.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Except for those on ED Visas who come to class once, have their photos taken, rarely to be seen again. Those tourists. 

Immigration doesn't care, as long as they get their "per-extension" payoffs.  That's the worst part - many honest folks (many categories of extension) have to go through corrupt channels for our legit extensions. 

Tourist Visas don't have a "corruption money channel" for immigration, so are despised by them.  And with the recent "no tips" policy for VOAs, those are now not "friendly," either.

10 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Thanks for suggesting ed visa but its not being given to the people of my country. My gf checked it yesterday with a few thai language learning schools. 

The reason is probably because my people have misused ed visa to work illegally in Thailand.

Some likely did - and still are.  In any case, I would check all school options - some may be willing to pay the extra (you will pay, ultimately) to get the documents - but many may only have "arrangements" for students with Western passports. 

I would check with forums related to nationals of your country staying in Thailand, who may have more info on this, than the mostly-Western audience here.

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

I understand the cynicism, but generalisations are dangerous. Exceptions exist. Especially if the girl's first experience with a foreigner is a good one, it can develop into a genuine loving relationship. It is even possible sometimes to have friends who are bar girls and end up with them buying you drinks when you are just out enjoying yourselves.

As it seems this guy caught her within days of her going into that business, a level of trust may be possible. 

Of course women see us as a source of financial stability - that's known as "female hypergamy" - and exists in every culture I have ever seen or read about.  It's a hard-wired genetic-survival mechanism in females, present in most mammal species on the planet. 

If not expressed in an extreme form, recognized for what it is, and not bent into a destructive-force of division by 3rd wave feminism and Western "family courts," it can be a stabilizing force in a relationship. 

5 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Untrue. On initial inspection a clean passport would not show the whole visa history. Whereas a passport with 10 VOA stamps and a voided SETV would be begging further scrutiny. Similarly, there's reports that some regional embassies will not issue SETVs where there are voided stamps or red warnings.

Incidentally, I mentioned this in another post last night - where's it gone? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Untrue. On initial inspection a clean passport would not show the whole visa history. Whereas a passport with 10 VOA stamps and a voided SETV would be begging further scrutiny. Similarly, there's reports that some regional embassies will not issue SETVs where there are voided stamps or red warnings.

Incidentally, I mentioned this in another post last night - where's it gone? 

Nowadays, or near future, the facial recognition software could probably have you up on the IOs screen before he has even opened the passport. Any new passport will still have data that matches an existing record, name, DOB, etc. I dare say the system would be designed to bring up duplicate or very similar entries.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:33 AM, Essecola said:

Be ready for not coming here much pretty soon. You can even feel it when going out and about. Something different is in the air. The way some Thais look at you or speak to you. Something has CHANGED.

Oh dear..    ????

• Haha 1