Lazada vs. Shopee

Bang Bang

Once Shopee cares to put out an English version so that the rest of us can comparison shop ...

Aquarium corner filter SOBO WP-707C (found the Shopee listing accidentally from google):

Lazada 430b. = https://www.lazada.co.th/products/aquarium-corner-filter-sobo-wp-707c-12w-i124544766-s130459366.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.19.3f4040f4KQJeIv&search=1

Shopee 200b. = https://shopee.co.th/Sobo-Wp-707C-Corner-Filter-กรองมุมตู้ปลา-เพื่อให้น้ำใสสะอาด-i.19155614.1649285342

Ok, so this is just one item. But has anyone, maybe with a Thai partner, done more L vs. S checking? It might not be Lazada's fault because sellers, thinking they have a captive non-Thai speaking market, jack up prices. Still it would be nice if Shopee put out an English version or are we expats too few to bother.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, impulse said:

Good find but still 25% more. I checked a few other random items. Pretty much the same so no big deal maybe. Still it would be nice if Shopee put out an English version. Sucks if we don't matter enough. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It makes searching for and finding the best price for any item much more difficult, especially given Lazada's very poor product search functionality.

Yep, orrible search function. Now I am thinking this might be intentional. Kind of the same principle in malls where they put the up escalator on the opposite side of the down one hoping people will be distracted by something shiny in between.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimSaints said:

Thai wife and I bought lots of stuff from both and conclusion is that Shopee is better and cheaper

Cheaper I can believe... But I guess it depends on how you define "better."

I priced an air purifier last year on both Lazada and Shopee, and elsewhere.... And ended up buying from a 3rd party seller on Shopee who had the best price, a much better than was available on Lazada, and also operated physical stores, so that gave me a bit more confidence. And, the item arrived on time, in perfect condition, no problem.

However, my general recollection is dealing with the Shopee site for me, as a non TH reader, was a hassle and I think I had some issues with their site not accepting my home country bank card as a payment method.... Not to mention no clear or easy way for me to deal with Shopee customer service if the need had arisen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ardsong said:

Shopee completely blames the product seller as if Shopee has nothing to do with it, except cashing some %

They are both nothing more than a buying online platform. I tried Lazada for the first time recently, paid the money in bank deposit ... never received the 2 items ordered, online chat for a few hours explaining this to Lazada, eventually got my refund through their lazada wallet. ( i hope)

But after that experience I'm too scared to try again with any online shopping.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bender92 said:

On Shopee my phone has an option at the screen bottom to get it in English. No problem.

Screenshot_20190530-154521_Chrome.jpg

Yes on your phone it does,not on a pc.I talked to shopee people last week and they told me they were working on it .

You have to go to the ;me; place to change the language but to get there you need to use Thai language.

All they say is sorry 3 times.

I had a Thai person order something for me ,should arrive soon.

By chance i came across chilindo and i bought a bunch of stuff,the auction is a lot of fun.Got some really cheap stuff but it is also really cheap stuff ,if you know what i mean.

I do not like to buy online but chilindo lets you pay on delivery and you have 30 days to send it back.

If you play the auction you can get some great deals and delivery is only 49 baht no matter how much you buy.

I'd much rather support the platform that supports me back and vote with my feet so to speak.

I don't know why people try to persevere with services that have no interest in accommodating their needs at all.

Another good example of that is the lengthy threads and discussions of people complaining about bangkok banks union pay card. Just go somewhere else. Problem solved.

The only one that is losing is shoppee itself

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, steven100 said:

They are both nothing more than a buying online platform. I tried Lazada for the first time recently, paid the money in bank deposit ... never received the 2 items ordered, online chat for a few hours explaining this to Lazada, eventually got my refund through their lazada wallet. ( i hope)

Got me worried now. Used AliExpress for the first time, used UK credit card. I'm sure there was/is some restriction that they can only deliver to the same address as your credit card is billed to? Or maybe that doesn't apply in Thailand? Anyway, using the trackers and hoping!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Got me worried now. Used AliExpress for the first time, used UK credit card. I'm sure there was/is some restriction that they can only deliver to the same address as your credit card is billed to? Or maybe that doesn't apply in Thailand? Anyway, using the trackers and hoping!

Bangkok Bank Visa works for me, no exchange rate fees.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, impulse said:

I don't disagree with you there, but with Lazada, AliExpress, Banggood, Amazon, EBay and half a dozen local sites like TESCO Lotus and some of the IT gear sites, we're pretty spoiled in Thailand for online choices nowadays.  

Lazada made a significant difference in the landscape, as did AliExpress.  I'm not sure adding Shopee will make a dent.

My favorite feature of Lazada was the "all-in" pricing.  Never an unpleasant surprise for shipping and import fees.

Funny that, I thought I was buying a small tin of liver latte from Lazada for 85Bt (same tin 65Bt at Foodland) then when I went to buy it, it had taxes which took it up to 115Bt, and no, I did not buy it.

18 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

True. But registration etc. seems all in Thai. And what scares me most is that help will be strictly Thai too. E.g., Lazada's English chat and phone help are pretty good. I recently had to return a bum chair. The seller was uncooperative but Lazada help lines sorted me out. I would have been lost if I had to face rapid fire Thai.

So, I guess all in all it's an investment Shopee figures not worth the return. And as impulse says we have options. So screw Shopee.

Aren't all chairs bum chairs?

• Haha 1

i has use lazada ewery month now last 2 year and newer not has problems lot, only sometime if my bank account home country not have lot money has some seller refun and stop delivered my orden,my mistake. and today has come computer hard disk who not working anywere pc or cable. need make notification this and refun money back. but anyway, lazada have simply easy use and i orden all parts at lazada ewery month when salary come. woodwork tools, metal work tools, kitchen parts, bolts, screws, elektronic, etc. lot better and cheapen than go city and walking lot ewerywere try found one bolt size, or other parts easy. better looking net shop and buy all there no need go anywere walking maak and hear alltime mai mii , i hate go city shopping, lot better have llooking internet all and orden to home door all parts, lot easies way, and lazada i has see manutime lot cheapen than banggood or other internet shop. i us today only lazada, before orden lot elektric parts aliexpress,alibaba,banggood,many many shop but not cheap .

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

only champions pay by bank transfer when its allowed to pay on delivery...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I have found Lazada ships much quicker than Shopee as most of their goods are already based in Thailand, unlike China for Shopee. 

Also, the Lazada customer service is great, they take care of returns and actively seek to get your money back. Shopee just direct you to the sellers.

On a downside, I find Lazada prices are higher. 

• Haha 1