Engineer found dead with earphones in and phone plugged into the mains

webfact

Engineer found dead with earphones in and phone plugged into the mains

6pm.jpg

Friends of a colleague at the Alucon company engineering division became concerned when he didn't show up to work for several days. 

They went round to his flat in a six story block in Bowin, Sri Racha, Chonburi and gained entry.

They found 33 year old Arun Seenuan with earphones in both ears attached to his phone that was being charged from the mains. 

He had blood coming from his mouth and nose. Advanced decomposition had already set in.

Bowin police and rescue teams assessed that he had been dead for three days and called for an autopsy. 

They believe he fell asleep and was electrocuted. There were no suspicious circumstances. 

Daily News reported that the zip on the victim's trousers was undone and you could see his genitals. 

They said there was an unusual swelling in that area, without explaining further. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-31

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

They found 33 year old Arun Seenuan with earphones in both ears attached to his phone that was being charged from the mains. 

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

They believe he fell asleep and was electrocuted

Sorry that doesn't make sense .. Even if the claim that he was electrocuted by the phone some way were true it becomes even more incredulous that it waited for him to drop off asleep first .. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Sorry that doesn't make sense .. Even if the claim that he was electrocuted by the phone some way were true it becomes even more incredulous that it waited for him to drop off asleep first .. 

Not really theres a possibility the charger overheated shorted then electrocuted 

• Like 1

Ahhh dead for three days in tropical conditions and there was “unusual swelling”!!!!!!!!

monty python couldn’t come up with something as weird and hilariously bizarrely macabre funny as that bit of writing.

RIP buddy I imagine when it shorted out it was pretty quick death.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

Maybe he simply had a heart attack while stoking the hamster watching his movies on his phone. Electrocuted makes no sense as normally (and I say normally) the trip switch would kick in. There would also have been burn marks on the plugs. 

Trip switch lol we are in Thailand there is a lot of variables. The electricity doesn't necessarily have to of gone through the ear plugs ultimately it woukd of come through the power point ftom there it coulf of entered his body through anything between 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

I am sure most Engineers study Electrical theory during their training.....

But LoS has a system where professions and qualifications are bought.

However in his defence - if it were a cheap Chinese copy charger they can from personal experience catch fire - it would not be beyond the realm of possibility to electrucute someone.

The charger I had was for a flashlight with rechargeable battery and I also had for a few seconds a Chinese multimeter that blew up and caught fire when measuring power from a socket in a Thai condo ...!!!

Thats what i said, was the charger burned or so, did the fuse work, was there a RCD. 

WIth the multimeter, did you try to measure volts and instead you were wired for amps? Then you have a shortcut. Normally intern, there would be a fuse to blow then, but can break down your multimeter and have it in flames.

However it can always go wrong. Last time, in Thailand, i switched a switch of lamp and it drew big sparks, shortcut inside. Chinese?, as everything looks Chinese now. I was lucky, still alive.

There are many big western companies doing business with Chinese and use their products, it is just cheaper. But quality?

• Haha 1

All the experts are out i see the amount of possible causes of the electric shock are huge could be as simple as spilling his drink on the power board first need to know jow it entered his body we dont even know that 

"Electricity is different in Thailand. We need no earth wire" is the common response to the question why wall outlets are not earthed. Aside from that, many electrical appliances are sold with 2-pin plugs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Puccini said:

"Electricity is different in Thailand. We need no earth wire" is the common response to the question why wall outlets are not earthed. Aside from that, many electrical appliances are sold with 2-pin plugs.

The appliances have 2 plugs if they are double insulated, so the housing is all plastic. IF any housing is metal then it should be with 3 pole plugs and also be used with 3 pole sockets, in which the ground pole IS connected to a properly working ground.

This story sounds extraordinary and I really think something more was at play here.

He may very well have met his untimely death by electrocution, however did this happen prior to him being placed on the bed to make it look accidental.  imo

8 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

While playing with Jr ????

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

The appliances have 2 plugs if they are double insulated, so the housing is all plastic. IF any housing is metal then it should be with 3 pole plugs and also be used with 3 pole sockets, in which the ground pole IS connected to a properly working ground.

Working ground in Thailand ????

ANY charger used in this country gives a weird kind of 'rubber' feel/feedback when touching your ipad or iphone... it's also not really a comfortable option to be glued to a powerpoint when using the phone, so (for the hefty investment of 299 some 12 months ago) I picked up a small 5000mah powerbank which is a better option for charging when you need to continue using the phone...

I already experienced one shock from a water boiler, and picked up a cheap Otto kettle that melted itself to the floor tiles many moons ago...

There seems to be a trend 'throw away your unauthorised chargers' (I noticed the same kind of reports in UK newspapers) - definitely popular with Apple as they didn't pay the licencing fee!

My unlicenced (350 baht Wiko brand) charger puts out 4 channels up to 2.4A each at 5.1V. I have an ipad charger (same size but only 1 usb) that gives only one 2.1A output and threw the stupid one's supplied with the phone in the bin.

My iphone battery is going strong still (3 years old now) and my wife's replacement (again - non approved chinese replacement battery costing maybe 300 or so, but installed with guarantee for 800 baht) is still good after 2 years.

Like most news here, just chuckle and bin it.

I'm a bit bored with anti Chinese product rhetoric TBH. I remember the same bullshit rhetoric about those crappy Japanese cars, then the cheap (obviously crap because there's no real weight to them) rice burners.

Certainly you can end up with products that are good (like an excellent copy of the famous Mercur Futur german razor I bought last year that costs 3750 here in LOS, can be had from Aliexpress for 300 baht delivered).

Electronics factories are independent of their environment - a top level factory (like KCE in Thailand, and also many factories in China) put out the best quality that can be had. Other factories put out utter junk and sell for at least 1000% profit margins. Buyer beware, it's nothing to do with the country - though in most European countries there's a kind of 'minimum' quality level so you need to do a bit of research.

Edited by ben2talk