Sending funds from TH to US - Transferwize alternatives

Hi all.

I need to send some funds to the US from Thailand. I use Transferwize to send funds from the US to Thailand and it works great. Unfortunately, they currently do not do transfers from Thailand to the US. 

Has anyone used a comparable service to to a TH->US transfer? 

Thanks

David

DeeMoney can send money from Thailand to US...

Last time I used them it took 2 weeks from the time they deducted from my Thai bank until it reached my US bank...made me nervous...

When asked to explain the delay...they said thank you for your patience...lol

• Like 1

Just signed up online with DeeMoney. Received an email saying that someone would contact me about completing the process. Got a call from them and found out that you have to actually go into one of their physical locations in Bangkok to complete the application process. Definitely not as user friendly as Transferwise. Luckily, I will be in BK for a few days next week so I can get the process completed. My feeling is that they are missing the bulk of their potential clients since most expats are in the north and south rather than BKK. 

David

5 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

Just signed up online with DeeMoney. Received an email saying that someone would contact me about completing the process. Got a call from them and found out that you have to actually go into one of their physical locations in Bangkok to complete the application process. Definitely not as user friendly as Transferwise. Luckily, I will be in BK for a few days next week so I can get the process completed. My feeling is that they are missing the bulk of their potential clients since most expats are in the north and south rather than BKK. 

David

Been quite a few TV posters who signed up without needing to go visit an office....it was all done by email....back and forth with DeeMoney.  You sure you didn't misunderstand.  But hey, maybe they recently changed their signup policy.

Edited by Pib

Just now, Pib said:

Been quite a few TV posters who signed up without needing to go visit an office....it was all done by email....back and forth with DeeMoney.  You sure you didn't misunderstand.

No misunderstanding. I specifically asked if I had to come to BKK to do finalize the application or could I do it here in Chiang Mai. Was told I had to come to one of the 4 BKK offices to do it. No language problem. The person I spoke to spoke very good English. Based on the accent, I am fairly sure she was from the PI.

David

1 minute ago, Genericnic said:

No misunderstanding. I specifically asked if I had to come to BKK to do finalize the application or could I do it here in Chiang Mai. Was told I had to come to one of the 4 BKK offices to do it. No language problem. The person I spoke to spoke very good English. Based on the accent, I am fairly sure she was from the PI.

David

Well, from looking at DeeMoneys sign-up webpage it definitely now implies/states they need to physically see you....finalize at one of their offices....or meet-up with you somewhere.   Before their signup webpage allowed for long distance sign-up....that is, emailing sign-up forms....mailing the registration card.   Maybe that long distance sign-up got abused....had some fraudulent sign ups....who knows.  I originally signed up at one of their offices last year.

And for others listening in, the DeeMoney public website have been completely revamped....just noticed that today....definitely more and clearer info than before.

1 minute ago, Pib said:

Well, from looking at DeeMoneys sign-up webpage it definitely now implies/states they need to physically see you....finalize at one of their offices....or meet-up with you somewhere.   Before their signup webpage allowed for long distance sign-up....that is, emailing sign-up forms....mailing the registration card.   Maybe that long distance sign-up got abused....had some fraudulent sign ups....who knows.  I originally signed up at one of their offices last year.

And for others listening in, the DeeMoney public website have been completely revamped....just noticed that today....definitely more and clearer info than before.

Requiring a trip to BKK definitely limits their customer base.