Trump says Boris Johnson would be 'very good' next PM for Britain

rooster59

18 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

Hopefully that will put an end to Boris' hopes. What confuses me more than anything is how they are talking of promoting people from a very disliked political party to be PM when they should be having a general election. 

With the Conservatives in turmoil, EU election drubbing and leaderless, no chance of that happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

trump's big mouth hopefully killed off BJ's hopes - bye bye BJ

Likely a kiss of death endorsement. Was there a majority of Tory MP's who favored a "no deal" Brexit anyhow?  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, brycspain said:

I've been through about 6 of these article posts and read most of the opinions and I see that Trump Derangement Syndrome isn't only in America.  You Brits are a little screwed up right now, are you sure Trump is the problem or is your country the problem?

The answer to that you should know surely.  Trump is a huge problem for the US and a danger to the trading world.  The UK has been a thorn in EUs side for a long time and with the lastest thing from Brexit it is showing to the EU that the 17 million people are creating a large problem for Europe not seen since the 1930's.   Put the two together and it does not look promising.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The answer to that you should know surely.  Trump is a huge problem for the US and a danger to the trading world.  The UK has been a thorn in EUs side for a long time and with the lastest thing from Brexit it is showing to the EU that the 17 million people are creating a large problem for Europe not seen since the 1930's.   Put the two together and it does not look promising.

Exactly what has Brexit got to do with mainland eu's problems..apart from the hard pressed german taxpayer putting more of their money into the brussels atm to feed all the subsidy junkie eu member states in the future.
Why not just blaim Brexit for ALL the world's problems???

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Exactly what has Brexit got to do with mainland eu's problems..apart from the hard pressed german taxpayer putting more of their money into the brussels atm to feed all the subsidy junkie eu member states in the future.
Why not just blaim Brexit for ALL the world's problems???

I did explain in my post so you either couldn't grasp it or didn't read it. So just to help you it was this;

"Brexit it is showing to the EU that the 17 million people are creating a large problem for Europe not seen since the 1930's "

1 hour ago, brycspain said:

I've been through about 6 of these article posts and read most of the opinions and I see that Trump Derangement Syndrome isn't only in America.  You Brits are a little screwed up right now, are you sure Trump is the problem or is your country the problem?

No, the Brits are not screwed up about Trump.  From what I understand, Trump is unpopular with the Brits.  Thus, they are not the ones who have a "derangement syndrome."  Thank you, Brits!

By the way, my guess is your TDS is not in the latest DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, as published by the American Psychiatric Association).  However, I bet making things up as if they were reality is in there. 

Edited by helpisgood
typo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

"Brexit it is showing to the EU that the 17 million people are creating a large problem for Europe not seen since the 1930's "

Why would 17 million people who want to leave the EU create a large problem for Europe?  After leaving they would no longer be part of Europe, and therefore not Europe's problem.

From all that I have read it is possible the leaving may cause trade, customs and travel problems for UK and Europe, but that has yet to be seen.  And there are surely enough bureaucrats in Brussels eminently qualified to sort out those problems.

• Like 2

I did explain in my post so you either couldn't grasp it or didn't read it. So just to help you it was this;

1..Exactly what problem..financially?..immigrants?..please explain.

2..mainland europe or eu member countries having the " problem "???

• Like 1