Pattaya mayor talks of 665 million baht makeover to solve flooding crisis

webfact

Just now, toenail said:

The amount of money will be used to hire REAL qualified engineers ???- or someone’s relative that is clueless.??

{snipped}

The latter is usually favourable, as the first causes a loss of face, which must be avoided at all costs, even if it would address the problem.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Try bringing in Foreign Experts as they will know how to fix it without continually 'talking' about it and creaming off half the funds allocated to it !

Foreigners know nothing. No unnerstan Thai engineering, only Thai know what is needed, :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

"Buy more sand"

Good idea, it would help to filter the "effluent" in the water and return the sea to pristine condition! ???? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Pattaya has flooded when it rains for as long as I have been here. I have seen numerous attempts that were supposed to fix it, and of course, none ever have. While I welcome a real effort at solving the problem, I can't help but think that this will be millions more down the drain, as previous works have shown they really don't comprehend the nature of the problem.

Aside from the upcoming 665 Million, I would like to know how much they have spent over the years already.

I'm sure he's got all the receipts.... somewhere safe!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Pattaya has flooded when it rains for as long as I have been here. I have seen numerous attempts that were supposed to fix it, and of course, none ever have. While I welcome a real effort at solving the problem, I can't help but think that this will be millions more down the drain, as previous works have shown they really don't comprehend the nature of the problem.

Aside from the upcoming 665 Million, I would like to know how much they have spent over the years already.

so true !!!

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, z42 said:

And how much of that budget will be siphoned off by cronies? And what reputable firms will be brought in to ensure a tip top job? 

This mafia don mayor wannabe needs to prove his worth. He's been there ages already and done sweet FA that'll be useful in the medium term let alone long

Standard 25%. Are you jealous?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

When I seen the headline,I was expecting the mayors solution would

be, "Buy more sand"

regards worgeordie

Consequently, he most likely has a cousin or uncle in the sand business who wants to serve his community. 

• Haha 1