Trump calls London mayor "stone cold loser" as he lands in the UK

webfact

15 hours ago, attrayant said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Trump thinks "stone cold" is an insult.  Does it mean something other than emotionless?  The only other reference I can find is to a pro wrestling actor, Stone Cold Steve Austin.  After more than two years Trump should be able to come up with better insults to hurl during his temper tantrums.

It's normally used to describe emotionless killers. I have no idea if Trump think's it is an insult. Perhaps he used it so lots of posters on TVF would talk about it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

So would you like London to be more like Riyadh, or Riyadh to be more like London? If the latter, then it is an implicit endorsement of London.

I'm not answering that, but, I lived in London for 10 years and haven't missed it an iota since I left. It's got some nice old buildings, but it's dirty, cold, and has too much bad architecture. Currently the <deleted> are trying to destroy it by putting up horrid high rises all over the place and ruining the character it once had.

Bangkok is a far more enjoyable city, that has at least a decent night life while London only has that horrible Soho.

It's way too dangerous as well, with criminals and bad characters in abundance. I always felt safer in Bkk.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Trump thinks "stone cold" is an insult. 

There used to be an expression "stone cold sober", also sometimes used by old fashion funeral directors >>as in " the deceased was stone cold, when we arrived to transport him:

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 8:01 PM, bomber said:

i dont think he has been 4-1,i could be wrong but a checked one day last week and he was 2-1,anyway i still think many tory MPs who were going to vote for BJ will be annoyed with Sun tan man bulling BJ up and could switch just to piss Trump off,maybe he wants to be pisssed on ???? i meant off

1.64 or 5/8 on......in laymans terms its now a one horse race.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:16 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Mosques in London- 460

Churches in Riyadh- 0

Need I say more?

Yes, but when asked

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, Thakkar said:

So would you like London to be more like Riyadh, or Riyadh to be more like London? If the latter, then it is an implicit endorsement of London.

you bottled it

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not answering that,

Saudi Arabia is an autocratic state with few, if any, freedoms; certainly no freedom of religion currently.

The UK is a democracy where one of the many freedoms we enjoy is the freedom of religion.

Which do you prefer?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Yes, but when asked

you bottled it

Saudi Arabia is an autocratic state with few, if any, freedoms; certainly no freedom of religion currently.

The UK is a democracy where one of the many freedoms we enjoy is the freedom of religion.

Which do you prefer?

There are people who want things to be in an imaginary, unattainable, and never changing Goldilocks zone: *just* enough immigrants for authentic curry, culture and vibrancy, but not enough to make the natives, individually, feel uncomfortable. Even if there were an attainable formula, in order to maintain the ratios, not only do those immigrants’ procreations need to be regulated, the clearly desirable white folks’ procreation need to be maintained/boosted by regulation or other means, as well as their emigration from the sceptered isles.

Those of you in Thailand may look forward to incentives to entice you back. But wait...since you may take a brown spouse with you, it’s a wash! Not to mention the awkwardness this would cause the authorities when it comes to the tricky issue of how to classify your mixed race kids.

????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

In the 2016 London Mayoral election, Khan polled 56.8% of the second round votes.

Whereas in the 2016 US Presidential election, Trump polled 46.1% of the popular vote and is only President due to the US electoral college system. If the winner was determined by who polled the most votes, Clinton would be the first female US President.

Isn't that a percentage of the votes cast, not a percentage of the number of people entitled to vote?

Most politicians are elected by less than a majority of the eligible voters, except in countries where voting is compulsory and have a first past the post system. Proportional voting will probably never get an actual majority for any candidate.

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yes, but when asked

you bottled it

Which do you prefer?

That was a baiting question, so of course I didn't answer it.

I lived in Saudi, and apart from the religious aspect, which ruined it for me, I preferred there to where I am, or the UK.

This is off topic, so that's it for me on this deflection.

On 6/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, Thakkar said:

British culture is great. It is rich, varied and wonderful—but only because it has learned, embraced, and absorbed (and occasionally, stolen) from all over.

I recently wrote a post about how I have never met a Brit here who seems happy.  Just always negative, condescending, and unhappy.

The response I got back was: you do not understand our culture.

So, is that the great culture you are referring too??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump reminds me a bit of Duterte. Both men have such delicate egos, and cannot handle any perceived slights to themselves. Both men suffer from severe lack of self esteem, masked by oversized self aggrandizement. Trump just cannot help himself. Love me or get trashed by me! How boring. 

Both men are very popular with the citizens of their respective countries?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

I do understand that a lot of Americans do not like him, but whether that is a majority I would have thought not. The US economy is the strongest it has ever been, unemployment is low and inflation is practically non existant. There is a possibility that Trump will be re-elected, but maybe even a probability.
I sincerely hope that The Donald is re-elected.!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I do understand that a lot of Americans do not like him, but whether that is a majority I would have thought not. The US economy is the strongest it has ever been, unemployment is low and inflation is practically non existant. There is a possibility that Trump will be re-elected, but maybe even a probability.

His approval rating is about 42 percent.

Perhaps you don't understand the U.S. election system.

Yes he could be reelected again with 42 percent or even less of the vote.

Arguably and tragically that's even likely. 

It's called the electoral college.

He was elected the first time while losing the popular vote.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His approval rating is about 42 percent.

Perhaps you don't understand the U.S. election system.

Yes he could be reelected again with 42 percent or even less of the vote.

Arguably and tragically that's even likely. 

It's called the electoral college.

He was elected the first time while losing the popular vote.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Try living in the uk - where govts. are elected on far fewer than 42% of the vote  (IIRC) ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Try living in the uk - where govts. are elected on far fewer than 42% of the vote  (IIRC) ......

I doubt they would have me. But you can't really compare them. The UK is a parliamentary system and you can rather easily remove disastrous PMs. Consider the U.S. has never actually had an impeachment that led to a senate conviction. Not even one and yes many horrible presidents. This one won't be convicted in the senate either even if impeached. Nixon probably would have but he smelled the coffee and resigned.