USA Social Security Payment - June 2019

I have my SSA payment directly deposited into my BBL account through NY.  It always comes on the 3rd of the month or the Friday before if the 3rd is on a weekend all be it sometimes in the early evening after the bank has closed.  Today, nothing!  Did anybody receive their SSA payment today or is it just me?  If it's just me I guess I'm in for a wonderful conversation with Manila,.  If it's everybody, is Trump using it for his wall?

8 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

If you are going through BB NY, could you have run afoul of their new IAT coding rules which were supposed to come online about now? 

I'm not sure what you are talking about, the payments per SSA regulations for deposit into a Thai bank account have to go into a special account in Bangkok Bank only and go through the NY branch and have since mine started in January 2007.  They have been almost like clockwork for the past 12 years.  I just want to know if anybody else did not receive their payment today so that I can contact The local SSA office in Manila if I am the only one, that's why I expressly requested this information from retirees in Thailand that receive their payments in the same manner and not speculation from someone who doesn't use the system!

Yeah, should show up today. May take a while to clear the credits in the queue. 

June's SSA payment hit my U.S. account on Friday, 31 May, not sure why given the 3rd was a Monday, and not a holiday. Maybe some accounting/budgetary thing?

I initiated a wire transfer last night (Monday AM in the U.S.), hope it hits today before the dollar craters even more.

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, should show up today. May take a while to clear the credits in the queue. 

June's SSA payment hit my U.S. account on Friday, 31 May, not sure why given the 3rd was a Monday, and not a holiday. Maybe some accounting/budgetary thing?

I initiated a wire transfer last night (Monday AM in the U.S.), hope it hits today before the dollar craters even more.

International transfers are paid on the 3rd of each month.  Yesterday, the 3rd, iwasn't a bank holiday on my calendar.

21 minutes ago, wayned said:

International transfers are paid on the 3rd of each month.  Yesterday, the 3rd, iwasn't a bank holiday on my calendar.

New holiday added on the 14th of May.

3 June (Monday) H.M. Queen Sudhita’s Birthday

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

New holiday added on the 14th of May.

3 June (Monday) H.M. Queen Sudhita’s Birthday

Another Holiday wonderful.  It was added on May 14th, no wonder it's not red on the BBl calendar.

54 minutes ago, wayned said:

Another Holiday wonderful.  It was added on May 14th, no wonder it's not red on the BBl calendar.

Check the pinned holidays list on the general forum. I keep it updated when I see news articles about new holidays. The latest one was the 3rd one this year.

10 hours ago, wayned said:

I'm not sure what you are talking about, the payments per SSA regulations for deposit into a Thai bank account have to go into a special account in Bangkok Bank only and go through the NY branch and have since mine started in January 2007.  They have been almost like clockwork for the past 12 years.  I just want to know if anybody else did not receive their payment today so that I can contact The local SSA office in Manila if I am the only one, that's why I expressly requested this information from retirees in Thailand that receive their payments in the same manner and not speculation from someone who doesn't use the system!

It has been well documented on TV that there is a new system coming online called IDD which is set up through Manila.  The funds go directly from SSA to a Thai bank.  The old method that you have been using is probably an ACH transfer using the the Bangkok Bank in New York to get the money into Bangkok Bank in Thailand.

It has also been well documented here that Bangkok Bank New York will start enforcing the IAT coding rules.  If SSA is using IAT it will go through, if not, it will no longer do so.  

One of many, although the date mentioned was delaled until June or July:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093093-bangkok-bank-requiring-transfers-in-iat-format-april-1-2019/

I have yet to receive mine as well.

Back when this kerfuffle first came up, I called one of the three numbers on The BBK letter someone posted on TV. They said my transfer was in the correct format. I called one of the other numbers as well a few days later & they confirmed correct IAT format.

My guess is that since June 3 is a Thai holiday, BBK Bank in NY is closed. They won't open until 8 or 9 tonight our time, so I will assume I should get my sms deposit notice tonight. Only a guess.

24 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

Back when this kerfuffle first came up, I called one of the three numbers on The BBK letter someone posted on TV. They said my transfer was in the correct format. I called one of the other numbers as well a few days later & they confirmed correct IAT format.

My guess is that since June 3 is a Thai holiday, BBK Bank in NY is closed. They won't open until 8 or 9 tonight our time, so I will assume I should get my sms deposit notice tonight. Only a guess.

Did you have to do anything or was it just automatic?  Could you reasonably infer that everyone's transfers will be in the correct format or would it be worthwhile for everyone to check?

For me, it doesn't really matter since my SSA check isn't for ฿65K and my other needed deposits don't do IAT, I still have to do a transfer anyway.  I lump them into one transfer.

45 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

My guess is that since June 3 is a Thai holiday, BBK Bank in NY is closed. They won't open until 8 or 9 tonight our time, so I will assume I should get my sms deposit notice tonight.

The branch in New York would of done their part on Friday since that is when the SSA would of sent them so most people in the world would get theirs yesterday.

18 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Did you have to do anything or was it just automatic?  Could you reasonably infer that everyone's transfers will be in the correct format or would it be worthwhile for everyone to check?

Everybody should of already checked.

.Many peoples are not in the IAT format. Most because they do not have a address at the SSA for here.

55 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

I called BBL international transfer and they said that yesterday was a holiday but my SSA payment is there and needs to be processed and should be deposited into my account this afternoon or early evening.  i didn't realize that they had added 3 June as an additional holiday.

I started this whole mess since 3 June was not red on my BBL calendar.  Got mine at 15:51 and the exchange rate keeps going down, 0.69 baht less than last month!

Got SMS notice at 16:44 on June 4 for social security payment at 31.17 exchange rate, minus the usual B200 fee locally and USD5 in New York. But I just retired late last year and my payment normally comes mid morning on the 4th, not the 3rd, so I wasn't concerned about the new holiday. xe.com right now says 31.3239 exchange rate.

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

My wire transfer hit BBL nearly exactly 24 hours after requesting it. I too got 31.17, less 200 baht. Got the SMS ~ 19:14.

The BBL rate was started the day at 31.47 (after a 3 day weekend), dropped during the day ~ 31.10, then nudged to 31.17.

I suspect Bangkok Bank in NYC is open on Thai holidays, can't see being in a financial capital and not have a nearly continuous operation?

The Bangkok Bank branch in Siam Paragon was open on Monday, but obviously, the centralized back-office ops were closed.