Video: Chinese tourist attacked by guide after snatch theft misunderstanding in Pattaya

webfact

Video: Chinese tourist attacked by guide after snatch theft misunderstanding in Pattaya

3pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News reported that a 37 year old Chinese tourist went to Pattaya police just after midnight on Sunday to say that he had been attacked by a Thai tour guide. 

Song Wenlong had a split lip after the attack on the South Pattaya Road and was subsequently taken to the Memorial Hospital. 

A reporter interviewed security man Chai Phuangphai, 26, who said that the Chinese tourist was walking along the road when a man on a motorcycle tried to grab his bag. 

He managed to run and help and the thief fled into the night empty handed. 

But the tourist claimed that the guide had arranged the theft attempt and an argument and fistfight developed. 

Pracha Sae-lim, 31, initially denied hitting the tourist but the weight of witness evidence and blood on his clothing soon made him change his tune. 

He is now in the custody of the police. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-04

9 hours ago, petermik said:

So the security guard belts the wronged guy.....perhaps in order to help an accomplice flee the scene :whistling:

The security guard was a witness,nothing more.i would read the story again if I was you.

• Like 2

Almost a decade ago when I lived in Pattaya my friend, a local expat got mugged. He went to the cops and reported it. They did not make a report, were pretending to be serious about it but after some time literally told him to get the F out. No report made.

Great to be Chinese in Thailand I guess

• Like 1

The Pattaya Police Station seems to be more busy than a 7/11 - they should have installed revolving doors ... 

8 hours ago, ttrd said:

The Pattaya Police Station seems to be more busy than a 7/11 - they should have installed revolving doors ... 

And a Tesco style check out complete with tills.

• Haha 1