Effusive Trump promises Britain a "phenomenal" post-Brexit trade deal

webfact

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump makes a categorical statement then tries to walk it back.

You'd better fit yer bicycle clips before watching the full monty :

And this poo poo:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Parliament had dissolved and there was no Brexit party beforehand AFAIA therefore i'm intrigued as to how and when any offence took place & the exact point where that lot believe their jurisdiction kicked in.

Depends when he received that money and chauffeur :closedeyes: …..and that was earlier date  …..looks bad for him 

• Like 1

Parliament had dissolved and there was no Brexit party beforehand AFAIA therefore i'm intrigued as to how and when any offence took place & the exact point where that lot believe their jurisdiction kicked in.
Well now..if a good mate who has a few quid out of the goodness of his heart gives you rent free digs..a loan of a car etc..exactly what crime have you committed???

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Well now..if a good mate who has a few quid out of the goodness of his heart gives you rent free digs..a loan of a car etc..exactly what crime have you committed???

They speak only about not reporting it mr Teddy ….those mp are obliged to report , they may receive …. but not hiding the receiving ….just a minor difference in your interpretation... , same as example Tax evasion by not reporting some  receiving or  earned money 

• Thanks 1

They speak only about not reporting it mr Teddy ….those mp are obliged to report , they may receive …. but not hiding the receiving ….just a minor difference in your interpretation... , same as example Tax evasion by not reporting some  receiving or  earned money 
Just an oversight perhaps??
But Farage was not an mep at the time??
It sucks just like the electoral commission hitting the Brexit Office for 7 hours and finding NOTHING untoward.!!!
Just shows how worried the brussels jobsworths are bout the " new kids on the block "!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Just an oversight perhaps??
But Farage was not an mep at the time??
It sucks just like the electoral commission hitting the Brexit Office for 7 hours and finding NOTHING untoward.!!!
Just shows how worried the brussels jobsworths are bout the " new kids on the block "!!

Not a member ?could you tell me when he became a member for the E.U. parliament ? As It would surprise me if those played by the book rules bureaucrats in Brussels would make a mistake , when they confront a obstructive chess player as Farage :biggrin:

But let us wait to the result , wont take long I am sure ….

As I found info ..,seems he is already 2 decades aa a E.U. parliamentarian , so covers all the way 

"Farage, an MEP for two decades, was docked half his salary last year after being found to have misspent EU funds intended to staff his office. The leader of the liberal group in the parliament, Guy Verhofstadt, has previously claimed that Farage is the biggest waste of the bloc’s resources."

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Well now..guess we wait and see what happens.
Has Mr Banks been cautioned or charged with any offence??..if so..please tell me exactly the charges laid against him.
Or is just another " smear " job.by the would be powers that be who hate anyone " threatening " their cozy set up??

I don't have nothing to say about Mr Banks as it is under investigation by the services of the U.K who is making  the inquiry , but about Mr Farage it is not the first time he don't follow E.U. rules and I only pointed out the time frame (2 decades E.U. mp ) was covered & that he was expected to report his receiving's , no more than that ...

To be continued ….:wink: we shall see 

PS: he told he would destruct E.U. from inside ….thus opening the confrontation ….. I think the E.U. is prepared for him ..

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

I don't have nothing to say about Mr Banks as it is under investigation by the services of the U.K who is making  the inquiry , but about Mr Farage it is not the first time he don't follow E.U. rules and I only pointed out the time frame (2 decades E.U. mp ) was covered & that he was expected to report his receiving's , no more than that ...

To be continued ….:wink: we shall see 

PS: he told he would destruct E.U. from inside ….thus opening the confrontation ….. I think the E.U. is prepared for him ..

Scared... not prepared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jesimps said:

Tell that to the remainers holding us up and causing the pound to bomb, not the 17.4 million Brits who chose to exit.

Neither here nor there.

But if you guys are expecting any kind of deal from trump, I got a bridge I want to sell you.What trump said are simple platitudes. 

Trade negotiations of this complexity take years, (according to bloomberg financial news 6-7 years)  and they do not include services which trump wants to include. i.e. US medical corps. participating in to your NHS.

These are negotiations that can only start after brexit, which who knows when it will happen if ever. (talk about the long goodby).

Trump  has about two years remaining in to his presidency, his reelection is highly doubtful. He needs to be re elected to stay out of jail . Run out the clock on the statute of limitations, but of course there are sealed indictments, that might not be subject to the statute of limitations . Which case he is going to jail, or at the very least involved in lengthy litigation. 

On top of all these you might have the issues of  posible, Scottish  independence and 

Irish unification, to complicate matters.

We love the British people and we would like to have as good relations as we do with all the other people "we love" 

But getting back to the subject at hand, after considering the above, what kind of deal do you think trump will give you?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Thairealist said:

They were expecting 250,000 to demonstrate. However the number was nearer 2,500. What we don’t know is how many of those,were British.

2,499 all British, missing 247,501 because of the rainy day

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

Well it would now seem, that those very same Bureaucrats in Brussels did in fact made a mistake. This occurred when they realised that giving Nigel Farage just 24hr notice, was against the rules. Especially  as the impending announcement was made beforehand by his political opponents and certain media outlets. 

Well I have no detailed insight in those rules as you it seems.... , can you pass a link about that breach of their own rules …? unless that I must keep it as a"wishful Farangistic reply ":wink:

I am waiting to see that link to that breach of own rules... A Farage reply I would call as a nonsense defense 

...By looking /searching in the "enemy's lines " (Telegraph" )I found this ….So a reaction on Farage cry  , they decided to give him more time …. a courtesy to him   it looks ( they must be very sure of the outcome in my opinion doing so …:wink: 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/06/05/european-parliament-backs-24-hour-nigel-farage-summons-explain/

Sources today revealed that as a result the committee had decided to extend the deadline to next week. The 24-hour ultimatum was dismissed as political motivated by aides to Mr Farage, while the Brexit Party leader branded the committee a “EU kangaroo court”.

Edited by david555

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

Don't get too excited about this promise UK.  Trump promised his own country that Mexico would pay for a border wall.

A typical Trump strategy IMO talking about UK brexit leave and USA will deal 3 times bigger than before kinda sends message to EU who are not doing as there told.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

You can tell that this is a lie because he said it.

Yes , and on top …. his lips where moving …. so no doubt any more :biggrin:

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Yes , and on top …. his lips where moving …. so no doubt any more :biggrin:

Be fair.  I'm sure he was speaking from the heart when he said he wanted to 'date' his daughter. 

I assume such honesty is why the evangelicals love him.  I've heard rumors that in-breeding is a problem among evangelicals.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Be fair.  I'm sure he was speaking from the heart when he said he wanted to 'date' his daughter. 

I assume such honesty is why the evangelicals love him.  I've heard rumors that in-breeding is a problem among evangelicals.

So happy to see you the U.K. are in good hands after you (ever...) would leave us E.U. :tongue:

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

I've heard rumors that in-breeding is a problem among evangelicals. 

They don't see it as a problem... If a daughter isn't good enough for Daddy how can she be good enough to marry her cousin?