Riches to Rags: Swiss man lost everything except his smile after meeting Thai woman

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Disturbing news and shame on some members making fun out of the situation.

I really dont understand on why many expats suddenly jump into a relationship. Hope this guy will find peace within himself.

Making fun, read my post# 37, been there, after 8 years built a house, bought a car, 2 motorbikes.

Got a knife in the guts, jailed, borrowed money to get back to the UK, AND GOT WORKING, not just sat there saying ohh woe is me, i have been done over by my wife.

Sad but we all know how it happened.  Why this even makes news is beyond me.  I guess it just continues to be a polite reminder.  

On the flipside it also portrays a negative image of Thai women and them all being scammers.  

In the end Pattaya + walking street + choosing a woman from there = BROKE.

No fool like an old fool.  Comes to Thailand with 10MB. Buys house and car for girlfriend--maybe 3MB spent. Down to 7MB and they are together for 7 years.  If they spent about 84,000 baht a month they would have been broke anyway with no other income.  Back to work, bud.

12 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Hilarious again, "wealthy" with 300000 a month in Switzerland? And 10 million Bahts in savings ?!

But, on the bright side, he looks in much better shape now.

And if I was him I'd be careful, now that money has run out, the jealous husband might take revenge.

lol. Exactly what I was thinking. 300,000 baht/month isn't much, especially when you factor in Swiss taxes and the absurd cost of living in Switzerland. It would roughly be about 250,000 baht/month after taxes which would be about what your average bar girl, police officer, or customs agent makes in Thailand. I dated a girl that worked in customs a few years back and she was pulling in over 1 million baht/month. True, their "taxable" salary is only 15,000 baht/month but they make an absurd helping on "under the table" deals. Thais aren't nearly as poor as farangs assume. Be careful out there and save your money.

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Not the first, and certainly not the <deleted> last !

She must have put a lot into the relationship on the first night. She was very energetic no doubt. Amazing how fat wallets make Thai ladies' hips move more rapidly :)

Of course I feel bad for the guy.......to a point.

There is a never ending supply of Buffa_RO ATM's..........I have told myself many times I should open a business or write a book, a handbook, a Brochure........something for guys that are coming to Thailand for the first time.

If you are that stupid to put all your eggs in the  basket of a Thai lady less than 1/2 your age and think your bargirl loves your wrinkled up old self........you are an idiot...........but there is a leat one similar story here every week.

There......but for the grace of God and my good sense.....go I

Will they ever learn?  ABSOLUTELY NOT~!!!

12 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I'm wondering.....is Tony a member on this forum? Hands up if you're that Swiss man Tony in the new article. Interested to know if he's a member here.

He is a country member.????

The guy made mistakes that I bet most of us have also made, to some extent or other.

I can’t understand why some people are sniffing at his reported wealth when he arrived in Thailand in 2012 at the age of 49. If he brought 10 million baht with him he must have done well for himself and was wealthy by the standards of any country in the world and certainly Thailand.

For example:

Average net worth of Americans (updated April 2019) including the value of pensions and house equity:

Age 50 $84,542 (that’s about 2,650,000 baht).

https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/average-net-worth-age/

It is not the first experience for foreigners I must say. As an Asian myself, we have this kind of pressure as well when we came into dating lures.
So, there are rules to stick from the community.

• When both got along well, 3 years is the best time to decide to marry and get a house bearing both names.
  • When both just merely friends in need, after 3 years look for a new life to venture.

after reading this guys story

I do have sympathy for him there are plenty more guys on here who it has  happened to but keep it to themselves  

there is the saying a fool and his money are soon  parted  but not all are in that boat

seems like Trust is not part of a Thai woman's thoughts  when money is involved greed takes over  

12 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Lots of guys approach & perceive a relationship/marriage in Thailand in the same way as they do in their home countries, I think this is part of the problem.

I was talking to an old retired guy in a pub in Worcester where I now live, some months ago, he was moving out to live in Thailand the next day. He has/had the same girlfriend for 7 years in Thailand, she had convinced him that it's not possible for a farang to own any property in Thailand, condo included.

There are quite a lot of Thai wives in the Worcester to Birmingham area. Some interesting stories too!

Some are happy relationships with children. Others have unfaithful wives who screw around, usually with younger men than their older husbands, and or go back to their former money making activities. Some have wives who spend, spend, spend and seem to think all farangs are minted with money trees in their gardens. 

From the observations and research I did, the background of the lady prior to marriage is an influence rather and a moderator. The relationship the wife has with her Thai family is much more influential. 

One observation is that Thai women do talk about what their husband gives them, buys them etc. If one gets a designer handbag the others all want two! Most wanted/expected a "salary" for being a house wife, and were totally inept at managing money apart from managing to spend it quickly.  

I met many husbands. Some more happy than others. But that's the same with marriages all over.

12 hours ago, kikeoldfool said:

Many feminized men arrives to Thailand. What man

with balls will give full control to a woman, Madness .

Exactly. Liberal indoctrination across the Western world has created a culture of soy boys, cucks, and wimps. This is precisely why it was imperative that we get Donald J Plump elected and why we must get Nigel Farage elected as PM of the UK. We got Le Pen in France and Matteo Salvini in Italy so things are looking on target for the Trump/Bannon prophecy to manifest. Trump's trade war with China may tank the worldwide economy and hurt his numbers but I still think he gets reelected. Men in Western society are waking up to the mass brainwashing/castration that has happened to them over the last 50 years. The liberal agenda's subservience to political correctness has become dangerously totalitarian around the globe and must be stopped. And stop eating SOY!!

11 hours ago, neeray said:

This story is certainly a good example of "the long game" if that's what really happened.

Many questions and thoughts.

Can't help but wonder what visa he's on. Without money, he won't be staying in Thailand long.

Amazing that in 7 years together that he never visited or learned of what village she is from in the North East. Maybe they spent all their time in bed (7 years?).

It looks like the time has come for Tony to return to his home country and using his big head for a change, rebuild his fortune. At 56, he still has time to do it.

This story is definitely not good for the image of Pattaya.

Impossible because even his mind lost shows the fact that he continues to smile like a fool

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Not the first, and certainly not the <deleted> last !

They were together 7 years, so IMO she left him because when he asked her to marry him, she was probably still married and didn't want to explain, as it may have not been something he could accept. 

Rule #1- don't get married if one does not need to.

If he has no money, he'll be deported as not able to extend his visa.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why is the OP just sitting there feeling sorry for himself?

Been there just the same, got jailed, left with nothing, borrowed 10.000 baht from Prakonchai nick.

Got back to the UK and worked bloody hard to get back on my feet, and i was 61 at the time.

You have my respect for that. Its very hard to find honest woman here not only in bar but all other places probably we never found out real thruth about them amd they have one million secrets. I had go through it also hard way but its important to realise that these ladies think they can play game with foreigners we are just numbers for them ???? So we should do the same. 

Archived