Riches to Rags: Swiss man lost everything except his smile after meeting Thai woman

4 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Actually these two issues are very similar in that the western retiree is being taken advantage of.  The Thai bar girls have viewed western retirees as ATM machines ever since they have been coming to Thailand, and now the Thai government has tapped into this source of income as well.

You are not alone as to believing depositing 800,000 baht into a Thai bank is just as good as investing it in a western bank or better yet western brokerage bank.  When the Thai health insurance kicks in, everything will be much clearer to you.

But it's not a source of income is it? It's a recoverable deposit. No-one can access it except the account holder, at least while he's still alive. The money doesn't change hands. I wasn't talking about investments at all. I was pointing out that Tony's money is gone and an extension deposit isn't, therefore they aren't comparable.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, kikeoldfool said:

Many feminized men arrives to Thailand. What man

with balls will give full control to a woman, Madness .

This "story" can't be true. If the man had a business making THB300,000 p.m., he must have sold it for much more than the THB10 million he reportedly brought to Thailand. As a Swiss national, if he is 65 and over which he looks) he would be entitled to a state pension, which would suffice to live on in Thailand. The chap is inventing stories.....

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He bought her a house, a car, a plot of land in Rayong.

This happened to me this week - a goodly chunk of my children's inheritance was confiscated.  Thanks to Thailand's racist and feudal property laws, the scam is supported by agents/lawyers/courts/auditors who do the tax annually on your 49% asset and conspire to donate it to a Thai wife.

7 minutes ago, mikebell said:

This happened to me this week - a goodly chunk of my children's inheritance was confiscated.  Thanks to Thailand's racist and feudal property laws, the scam is supported by agents/lawyers/courts/auditors who do the tax annually on your 49% asset and conspire to donate it to a Thai wife.

oH, so you were forced @ gunpoint to buy all that shit?

Not news  Pattaya Not the best place to meet your love of your life

So many men, cash in the bank, fly off to Thailand , meet the first girl on the street

What could possibly  go wrong?????  poor man

In the end you feel a lot better once you give up all hope

3 hours ago, barsie said:

His nest egg from Switzerland was 10m baht?

He must of been living in a hut in Switzerland. Average house price in UK is 11.3m Baht.

NZ , not much different--Auckland, about  19 mill thb.. 'average'.... not much available for under 14milthb

7 minutes ago, murraynz said:

once again, its hard to believe that 'mature' men can be so stupid..

the guy looks so skinny now, that he cant even afford to eat...???

to true seen it too many times in my 25 years in LOS grown men , old men reduced to a pile of organic mater

"He hopes that he will be reunited with her one day." Keeping on dreaming she will come bak and rip you off one more time? If you kept all the money, house, land, car, motorbike in your name she would still be living with you and figuring out a way to rip you off. 

15 hours ago, kikeoldfool said:

Many feminized men arrives to Thailand. What man

with balls will give full control to a woman, Madness .

Blue pilled man who has fallen for the black widow.  If only he had gone MGTOW and red pilled he could have protected his assets and his future.  There are ruthless women all over the world keen to empty your bank accounts and move on.  White knighting here just does not work IMO.  

Hi guys not been on for a while,my [now seperated] wife tried this on me,luckily i had a paper drawn up at my lawyers which we all signed with two witnesses that is called contract to hold ownership,this stated in Thai and English that she agreed to,this meant that she transferred all ownership to me agreeing that i built the house and paid for the land,she as well as her other infidelities had a Thai boyfriend living just around the corner on the main road,younger than her,no doubt she was paying him for sex,when i told her to leave she of course called the Police,i produced the document ,which they read,and told her ,it's the falangs house,they asked me what i wanted to do and i said i wanted her to go and gave my reasons,they told her she had to leave,stunned she did,in the new car i had recently bought her,2 days later she returned got all her and her kids things,it has been six weeks now,has been hard as i really loved her,but this is what many Thai women are like,i urge all members to take legal measures to protect themselves. 

so far so good i do however expect some kind of legal challenge to come,but will face that when it comes. She thought she would be living here with her Thai boyfriend,without that paper she would,i would have blown 6 mil on house and furniture an no doubt be living in the local hotel,sure it is a bit lonely rattling around in here on my own,but preferable to the other outcome.

Protect yourself,it can be done through a good lawyer.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

wealthy Swiss businessman

Well, he didn't use his brain to gain that wealth, since otherwise he would still be wealthy. 

Btw, 300k per month for a 50 employee company sounds not so good. 

Thai women grow up hoping to marry rich farang(Hopefully stupid too)it's in their DNA.As long as we keep sending them fools nothing will change.And yes only admiration for lucky ones and laughter for idiot farangs from Thai people.

This  situation  happens all the  time and  has  been  just  another scam  carried out  by  Thais  for  decades  now.the laws in Thailand  also make this practice  easy  for deceitful Thais  to  carry out   because of the ruling  that if  a foreigner buys land or house or  both he or  she must be in partnership  with a Thai national   and  even if  that Thai person does nort  contribute one baht to  the purchase  they  are automatically  owner of 51% of  the property. Welcome  to  Liarland  lAND OF  SCAMS. a SMILE  TO  YOUR  FACE  BUT  BEWARE OF  THE DAGGER  THEY  HOLD BEHIND  THEIR  BACK

He spent all the money and left her folding towels at a laundry business.  Now he's broke and jobless and asks her for marriage.  She says no and goes to find work alone.

You have to top up the savings at some point by working, pension or investing in something.

16 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Are you stupid or did you loose your brain too 

she had clearly not love you for one second you was just her ATM machine 

Anyone who is stupid enough to disfigure himself with tattoos to that extent, never

had any brains in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

But he can bulldoze the house if things go south

An ex GF from Kalasin told me of a woman in her village who shouted at her Farang "Take your house of my land then" He gave her the house. Mind you he bulldozed it first. 

Unfortunately, I suspect his troubles have just begun. Immigration will soon be on his trail if he isn’t putting 65k baht in a Thai bank, monthly. He might even be in more trouble for cleaning around the temple without a work permit. I wish him well but it doesn’t seem as if he’s learned his lesson. Apparently he’s still pining over his lost love.

16 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Lots of guys approach & perceive a relationship/marriage in Thailand in the same way as they do in their home countries, I think this is part of the problem.

I was talking to an old retired guy in a pub in Worcester where I now live, some months ago, he was moving out to live in Thailand the next day. He has/had the same girlfriend for 7 years in Thailand, she had convinced him that it's not possible for a farang to own any property in Thailand, condo included.

Oh dear God... I hope you filled him in , but even if you did you were probably “ wasting your sweetness on the desert air “.

so many farangs trapped same way here... what I don't get. He could leave LOS anytime (if no overstay) and have a happy life back in Switzerland. Even without any money. Medical Care fully covered and a minimum monthly "vage" granted by government. Probably he's hoping now through medial attention to get deported, bc he has no funds to book a flight? 

Archived