Riches to Rags: Swiss man lost everything except his smile after meeting Thai woman

16 hours ago, MRDave said:

Sorry but this man does not have the look of a former Swiss businessman unless his business was dodgy.

Yes he doesn’t, but his big problem now is when will he be going home as he has lost everything and therefore won’t qualify for long term visa or retirement extension good luck ???

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always going to meet the Love of your life in Walking Street !!! These old men a delusional.I have been coming to Thailand for over 30 years and Yes I am a Woman but really do they think these girls love them I can’t believe they do. It’s  not the first time I have heard the heartbreaking Story.Another heartbroken old  Farang.They should be advised on entry into Thailand of the consequences of falling in love with a Thai girl.

5 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Of course I feel bad for the guy.......to a point.

There is a never ending supply of Buffa_RO ATM's..........I have told myself many times I should open a business or write a book, a handbook, a Brochure........something for guys that are coming to Thailand for the first time.

If

You’re about 30 years too late. 

This is just a made up story by the Swiss man and Thaivisa. The Swiss man was never a successful businessman earning 300,000 baht per month. To make money in the building trade you have to have some street smarts. This is just a one of the many delusional people living in the land of smiles. You should ask yourself if he was so successful why is he not back in his home country making loads of money like he use to. The answer is he never did make loads of money.

3 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

To make money in the building trade you have to have some street smarts.

Actually, successful people make the most stupid mistakes when it comes to women.

Fact.

Remember all the stories about Harold the German and Nong Nat who loved him true? Not even his millions of dollars in the bank account could keep her around changing his socks.

2 hours ago, Dragon Master 01 said:

He's lucky he actually found a Thai woman down there most are Lady Boys who will take everything you have like any poofter in any Country

Generally, I've found homosexuals to be far more honest than women.

12 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Actually, successful people make the most stupid mistakes when it comes to women.

Fact.

Remember all the stories about Harold the German and Nong Nat who loved him true? Not even his millions of dollars in the bank account could keep her around changing his socks.

Jeff Bezos, owner of Amazon has just lost a packet ($35 BILLION).

for the lucky:

- LOS means Everything!

for these not so lucky:

- means LOS everything

have to start cracking on de-fuzzing her face! 

- it could save the next fella's  life

Mhhh always the same stories with many western guys getting involved in a relationship with a thai woman (i never would call them ladies) and loose everything. Would he have done this in a western country to make all investments on her name? No, never ever but in Thailand they do it. I have a swiss lady friend living in Thailand many years and she always says that the "farang" arriving in Thailand leave their brain at Immigration while entering the country but dont find it anymore again. And yes, I only can agree with that. How stupid can humans be!

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

So I am guessing he will not be applying to extend his permission to stay? 

Cannot meet the financial requirements.

You & the other posters posting similar are doing just that... "Guessing"...

Switzerland are still providing Income Certificates so he DOESN'T have to have 65K pm income coming into Thailand OR 800K in the Bank...

Other pearls of wisdom from this thread... 

1. Foreigner cannot own Property - YES WE CAN, but we cannot own the land it's on
  2. The Guy is trying to get deported so he can get sent home - if he is deported he will STAY IN A DETENTION CENTER until somebody pays for his flight home.. great plan... not... 

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not sure he got what he deserved.

None of us had much experience with women in the west (apart from our moms), and when you did find one the sex was always strictly rationed. Out here the sex is unlimited, and it is a bit of a surprise, well I was surprised when I rocked up age 52, and found there were hundreds of young women available to me.

Do any of us really deserve to be cheated and scammed by the women we love?

Sadly this now seems to be the worldwide female standard of behaviour.

i hear what your saying but come on, WHY  would you put your future in anyone's hands ? where all your life work, earnings, money, and savings let alone a women. i have had bucket loads of experience with women in my own country to know you cant trust them 100% i had a different girl/lady every week for years, came here at 40 retired and been hear 20 years. i had all that crap i love you in the uk for marriage but i am too smart and confident to listen to all that. ive been in love 3 times in my life never cost me too much money but did cost me some heart ache. i am not interested in love now just ladies i can enjoy my time with and that what i do and enjoy myself with no stress or worry.

He used to earn at least 300,000 baht a month in Switzerland running a building extension firm. The company employed 50 people.

Translation: He was a construction worker with mud on his boots who spent his money on tattoos and Pattaya bar girls that he thought would magically change once he married one and gave her a house.

Yeah, he probably did bring 10M Baht into Thailand from an inheritance that he burned through.

If you're spending 3000B+ in a bar every night, that ain't gonna last forever, darling.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way, you take a bar girl out of a bar, but you can't change the fact she's damaged goods.

18 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

He used to earn at least 300,000 baht a month in Switzerland running a building extension firm. The company employed 50 people.

Translation: He was a construction worker with mud on his boots who spent his money on tattoos and Pattaya bar girls that he thought would magically change once he married one and gave her a house.

Yeah, he probably did bring 10M Baht into Thailand from an inheritance that he burned through.

If you're spending 3000B+ in a bar every night, that ain't gonna last forever, darling.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way, you take a bar girl out of a bar, but you can't change the fact she's damaged goods.

You don't say where you're from, but 300K is approx 3 x the average Gross salary in the UK (£29,000 THB or ¬96K per month), pretty sure there are not too many "Construction workers with mud on their boots" earning £90,000 pa.

For those guys going on about him staying in Thailand, according to the OP he was 49 when he moved there, if we assume he worked for 30 years with a final salary of 300K, on a Final Salary Scheme (I confess, I have no idea how Swiss pensions work) he'd get 2/3rds of his final salary, 200K a month... no problem spending 3,000 THB+ in a bar every night of the week 

3 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

Oh dear God... I hope you filled him in , but even if you did you were probably “ wasting your sweetness on the desert air “.

No I didn't. I never do. I'd like to, but that's only likely to end badly.

33 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You don't say where you're from, but 300K is approx 3 x the average Gross salary in the UK (£29,000 THB or ¬96K per month), pretty sure there are not too many "Construction workers with mud on their boots" earning £90,000 pa.

For those guys going on about him staying in Thailand, according to the OP he was 49 when he moved there, if we assume he worked for 30 years with a final salary of 300K, on a Final Salary Scheme (I confess, I have no idea how Swiss pensions work) he'd get 2/3rds of his final salary, 200K a month... no problem spending 3,000 THB+ in a bar every night of the week 

Apologies.. Friday night (Pub) Maths... at 30 years service assuming a UK FInal Salary scheme basis, he would get 1/2 of his final salary... 150k pm.. still no problem meeting Immigration requirements or spending 3k pn in a bar.

A sad tale of woe indeed. We all know this has happened a lot and will happen again. I have to say though that to those who have been coming to Thailand regularly and those who have lived here awhile, who amongst us can honestly say they have never been a "sender"? Especially when you were a newbie to Thailand. 

Just sayin like.

Archived