Riches to Rags: Swiss man lost everything except his smile after meeting Thai woman

Swiss Tony....."Making coffee - Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

I shouldn’t laugh, but that comedy sketch is well funny !

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

They should be advised on entry into Thailand of the consequences of falling in love with a Thai girl.

Even with such a low probability of success, look at the alternatives;

1. Marrying a Thai girl and living happily ever after 1:50

2. Marrying a Thai girl and losing it all in such a degrading manner 1:3

3. Staying in your home country married to an obese, argumentative, annoying western woman and being depressed and hating life 1:2

8 hours ago, Dragon Master 01 said:

You European guys should learn to respect the people in Thailand but also realise that you go to the worst part of Thailand

He's lucky he actually found a Thai woman down there most are Lady Boys who will take everything you have like any poofter in any Country

At least she gave him 7 years before she left taking everything even in his own country he could have lost everything as soon or sooner to a woman of his own kind 

The people that go to Pattaya deserve what they get 

Most of the people that go to Pattaya are only interested in a so called good time and using everyone else to get it 

So he was very lucky she didn't take everything in the first few months

I was lucky but I didn't go to all the tourist scumbag areas and my wife was a farm girl from the Country not any big city

So I got a very good wife but I had to teach her something that was the hardest thing got me to do

I had to get her to except that she wasn't there to be my slave like most guys want 

I wanted her as my equal and that we would both do things together so she didn't have to work so hard like the girls are thought to do from very early ages

I never want my wife to do everything for me like so many European guys expect because the Thai and Asian women work so hard but they shouldn't have to and European women would tell their husbands to get <deleted> if they had to do everything for a lazy husband

The Thai women aren't there to be used and abused by any of you European guys

A guy who cannot see who is the ladyboy or "poofter" shouldnt leave his own country

lol

he will get swindled 100% in no time in Thailand.

you have joined the list of idiots who were conned of everything they own.why not listen to people who live there or post on social media about what happened.you now can post on social media and how you were conned  and lost all your money

10 million baht "nest egg".  Obviously his little head ruled his big head.  10 million constantly being drawn without any income coming in will run out.  Be it 10 years or 7 years, or whatever, did the guy have no plan for the future?  I get the short term urges and desires and having a lot of fun, but by the second or third year, and looking at the money going out, .... siiiigh.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:19 AM, MRDave said:

Sorry but this man does not have the look of a former Swiss businessman unless his business was dodgy.

To me he looks like a blue collar worker, construction, house/property refurbishment type.  HIs accounting and actuarial skills seemed to be poor.  10 million baht is about 300,000 USD.  Simply drawing that down at a modest 30,000 USD/year only makes it last 10 years.  No income, no investments.  Sadly this is how many retirees think. Have a lump sum and then just spend it down.  Many have no idea of simple investments, earn 5 %, calculate how much one needs to get the proper amount of passive income, etc.  He lived for 7 or 10 years apparently ever considering the future. 

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

you have joined the list of idiots who were conned of everything they own.why not listen to people who live there or post on social media about what happened.you now can post on social media and how you were conned  and lost all your money

Please be sure to broadcast such from your mum's basement... 

Do you even have a passport? Have you even been on a plane? 

On 6/6/2019 at 10:16 PM, kikeoldfool said:

Many feminized men arrives to Thailand. What man

with balls will give full control to a woman, Madness .

I agree...but many have, do, and will...many are here on TVF advocating Thailand is heaven on earth.  Immigration is Buddha.  There are no road deaths, etc...

8 hours ago, Pravda said:

Actually, successful people make the most stupid mistakes when it comes to women.

Fact.

Remember all the stories about Harold the German and Nong Nat who loved him true? Not even his millions of dollars in the bank account could keep her around changing his socks.

Costed me 700k baht on my 24th birthday so I definitely agree with you. On good side, nowadays with my knowledge I see way better investments other than real estate and won't ever marry without a prenuptial. Lesson of day. Don't ever trust your money with anyone, not even your girlfriend or wife.

1 hour ago, Drax said:

Costed me 700k baht on my 24th birthday so I definitely agree with you. On good side, nowadays with my knowledge I see way better investments other than real estate and won't ever marry without a prenuptial. Lesson of day. Don't ever trust your money with anyone, not even your girlfriend or wife.

Dont take this wrong, I mean no criticism, but why would you ponder marriage to a Thai women at all? Or any woman?

For every single success there's an infinite number of Swiss Tony stories.

Snakes with tits. Feed 'em, f*** 'em and keep 'em hungry.

You couldn’t make it up? Swiss Tony was a character in the UK comedy sketch programme called the “fast show”. His catchphrase

involved likening every activity to “... making love to a beautiful woman”

Worth a look on You Tube.

17 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

..should be a crime....

...how many lives ruined....

...when a Thai woman is the victim they call it 'romance scam'....or....'marriage scam'...

...when a foreign man is the victim.......__________.....

....nothing.....

...but better catch the foreigners that stole a bike instead.....!!!

The system is set up to scam foreigners. Doesn't seem to be a shortage of takers. Not to mention the visa rules...800k now, 1mm next

It is amazing to me, that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of stories like this, but guys still keep going to Thailand to "find the love of their lives" and end up losing their ass.????????????

Do these guys have any friends? Someone needs to try and talk these guys out of doing these dumb things.

20 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

It's difficult to imagine a more romantic place to meet the love of one's life than on Walking Street, Pattaya.

Quite amazing he got past the airport and Ekamai bus station before getting hitched. 

3 hours ago, Boricua67 said:

It is amazing to me, that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of stories like this, but guys still keep going to Thailand to "find the love of their lives" and end up losing their ass.????????????

Do these guys have any friends? Someone needs to try and talk these guys out of doing these dumb things.

they dont listen 

18 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

oH, so you were forced @ gunpoint to buy all that shit?

I was persuaded.  I've always believed renting is dead money if you can afford to buy.  Signing papers in Thai, I now know, is not a good idea, if you are reliant on an unscrupulous Thai wife to oversee the translation.

14 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I was persuaded.  I've always believed renting is dead money if you can afford to buy.  Signing papers in Thai, I now know, is not a good idea, if you are reliant on an unscrupulous Thai wife to oversee the translation.

Lol I told my gf. If she takes a mortgage I will pay her half of rent (until we break up ????) and she gets the place after 30 years but... I’m 100% not buying her a house lmao nor paying the down payment. 

I guess works for both of us. She gets half of house paid by me in long term, and I get to pay half of rent. But in front payment? No way. That’s how people get scammed. 

3 hours ago, Boricua67 said:

Impossible to warn them, they just hate you for trying to help or accuse you of wanting their girl.

We've all tried it once, then been taught not to do it again

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

To me he looks like a blue collar worker, construction, house/property refurbishment type.  HIs accounting and actuarial skills seemed to be poor.  10 million baht is about 300,000 USD.  Simply drawing that down at a modest 30,000 USD/year only makes it last 10 years.  No income, no investments.  Sadly this is how many retirees think. Have a lump sum and then just spend it down.  Many have no idea of simple investments, earn 5 %, calculate how much one needs to get the proper amount of passive income, etc.  He lived for 7 or 10 years apparently ever considering the future. 

Got to say, I'm OK living on 50k/month so 10M would last me 17 years.

At 60+, I doubt I have another 15 years in me, no need to invest (none of my pals lasted past 70).

Also, most of us get a state pension around age 65.

12 minutes ago, Drax said:

Lol I told my gf. If she takes a mortgage I will pay her half of rent (until we break up ????) and she gets the place after 30 years but... I’m 100% not buying her a house lmao nor paying the down payment. 

I guess works for both of us. She gets half of house paid by me in long term, and I get to pay half of rent. But in front payment? No way. That’s how people get scammed. 

Did she agree to this?

My guess is no.

10 hours ago, I am More Thai Than You said:

Even with such a low probability of success, look at the alternatives;

1. Marrying a Thai girl and living happily ever after 1:50

2. Marrying a Thai girl and losing it all in such a degrading manner 1:3

3. Staying in your home country married to an obese, argumentative, annoying western woman and being depressed and hating life 1:2

Funny.  With these odds, I can see why a farang would prefer the low probability option #1 to avoid #3. 

After staying in Costa Rica for a few years American guy with some reasonable steady income came to live in Pattaya a few decades ago.

Lived in BKK for some time. I got to meet him at the old days Thermae.

Bought a bungalow in Pattaya on "company" loophole.

Eventually married his younger companion girl who was caring for him well.

Put the bungalow in her name. Recognition for her service and also to make the ownership finally legal.

The girl died unexpectedly from cancer at 54 a few years ago.

Her family inherited the bungalow.

He was allowed to stay in a few months, time for him to find other accommodation then they told him to go his own way.

At 86 he now lives in an expensive (for him at 20k/m) rental small bungalow nearby his former one.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:50 AM, wreckingcountry said:

Oh the naive falang who fall for the “fake Thai smile and I love you “

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And you of course, as a puritan, a 'good' man, - non-drinker, non-smiler, non-girl, ('bargirl', that is), temple and culture lover -  obviously never would or did?

Did you?

Archived