Riches to Rags: Swiss man lost everything except his smile after meeting Thai woman

14 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Apologies.. Friday night (Pub) Maths... at 30 years service assuming a UK FInal Salary scheme basis, he would get 1/2 of his final salary... 150k pm.. still no problem meeting Immigration requirements or spending 3k pn in a bar.

@tomahawk reacted SAD to this & my previous post.

Please expand, is it because of what I posted or the fact that it doesn't fit your narrative?

YES.. There are people who work hard all of their lives & can expect (deserve) a decent pension when they retire... or is that SAD as well?

<deleted>... 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Boricua67 said:

Do these guys have any friends? Someone needs to try and talk these guys out of doing these dumb things.

Seriously, there is no way I'd try to interfere in any of my mates "relationships" (makes things worse), just have to be there if (When) things go tits up.

My best mate ended up marrying a girl that I grew up with & knew wasn't right for him (She had zero ambition & he wanted to go places) I spoke to him about it but he was adamant he was happy, I was even best man at their wedding...

10 years later he's getting divorced & a flight to Singapore to stay with me for a few weeks... 3 weeks in Singapore (broke up with trips to Angeles City & Bangkok) he now works/lives in Bangkok and is happier than a pig in mud ????

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

I've always believed renting is dead money if you can afford to buy. 

And I have often had the discussion that this is a wrong perspective when you are later in life and talking about buying and renting in Thailand. Didn't stop me either. 

Likely true, but 7 years is a long time to carry the charade.

My guess is she already had a thai husband & family.  She continued the charade until he proposed, at that time she cut & run.    

4 hours ago, jayceenik said:

After staying in Costa Rica for a few years American guy with some reasonable steady income came to live in Pattaya a few decades ago.

Lived in BKK for some time. I got to meet him at the old days Thermae.

Bought a bungalow in Pattaya on "company" loophole.

Eventually married his younger companion girl who was caring for him well.

Put the bungalow in her name. Recognition for her service and also to make the ownership finally legal.

The girl died unexpectedly from cancer at 54 a few years ago.

Her family inherited the bungalow.

He was allowed to stay in a few months, time for him to find other accommodation then they told him to go his own way.

At 86 he now lives in an expensive (for him at 20k/m) rental small bungalow nearby his former one.

This happened because him not take a good lawyer before buy and put the house in her name. This mistake is only him fault, but on this situation the final solution is also the bulldozer work for pace on the families.

5 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Uh, 10 million baht is how much? Not that much.

Sorry he lost it. Apparently he never had any relationships before.

Now that he has identified himself as an indigent, what will the Thai gov't do? Sad.

I suspect Thai Immigration is already attempting to locate him, so they can prepare to deport him as soon as possible. ????

8 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Uh, 10 million baht is how much? Not that much.

Sorry he lost it. Apparently he never had any relationships before.

Now that he has identified himself as an indigent, what will the Thai gov't do? Sad.

Not much eh?
What percentage of people on the planet do you think have as much as a liquid 10 million baht?

Hmm? 

5 hours ago, jayceenik said:

At 86 he now lives in an expensive (for him at 20k/m) rental small bungalow nearby his former one.

He should move somewhere else, plenty of 2 bed bungalows around me (Chiang Mai) from 4k to 10k/month.

He's paying 2x-5x too much.

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Funny.  With these odds, I can see why a farang would prefer the low probability option #1 to avoid #3. 

Don't forget to take into consideration the quality of the women in #1 #2 vs #3 

In Thailand you could get a hottie 20yrs younger for the price of a farang hippo your same age

I know which I prefer ????

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not much eh?
What percentage of people on the planet do you think have as much as a liquid 10 million baht?

Hmm? 

Could you live the rest of your life on it? Have a wife, buy a house, land, car and buy insurance. I  would expect a successful businessman with a large business in Switzerland to have more. Surely his business, as described, was worth more.

It was a combination of expecting a successful Swiss businessman to have more and it not being enough money to live large for the remainder of his life.

Your point is well taken that relatively few would have that cash but I was viewing the entire situation.

I had a friend living in Pattaya who lost $300,000 in the stock market and had to go home to work construction at 50 years old. Since he had no money the gov't wouldn't let him take his wife.

He looks like a Thai motor cycle taxi driver with the tattoos.

The reports don’t mention his visa status. If the local Immigration plods are watching, they can easily recognize the temple and go and pick some low hanging fruit. That would be a great photo op for a bunch of colonels and majors in SWAT gear dragging off another dangerous foreign criminal hands cuffed behind his back. That might be the best thing for him, as long as he still has relatives in Switzerland willing to wire him the fare home. Then he could go on a shoplifting spree or something and be guaranteed comfortable free board and lodging in prison.

RE - He hopes that he will be reunited with her one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcu7MCtuTs

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Got to say, I'm OK living on 50k/month so 10M would last me 17 years.

At 60+, I doubt I have another 15 years in me, no need to invest (none of my pals lasted past 70).

Also, most of us get a state pension around age 65.

I understand, but he was apparently spending a lot of money on his Thai lady, and since he is now broke as the article says, he either doesn't get a Swiss pension or social security, at least not yet anyway. 

On 6/6/2019 at 10:18 PM, TroyC said:

Swiss Tony....."Making coffee - Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

Tried Café Bukkake a few times but it doesn't seem to attract encores or second helpings. Not sure why.

10 minutes ago, paulikens said:

whats with the sweeping the temple anyway??

probably hoping to get some food from the monks.  Of course doing any sort of volunteering work without a proper work permit can or may get a foreigner in trouble

19 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

they dont listen 

No..indeed they don't!

In actual fact they become quite angry as if you have been sent on purpose to burst their deluded little bubbles.

If anyone says to me "I have a Thai (or any other Asian for that matter) girlfriend I respond "Oh really?Best of luck..."

He probably got caught up in the "Live in thailand for $500 a month" youtube videos and figured he was good for the next 50 years. Then he had to go and mess up and marry, and didn't reconsider the budget required to keep a Thai woman happy. Poor sap.

4 hours ago, wisperone said:

He probably got caught up in the "Live in thailand for $500 a month" youtube videos and figured he was good for the next 50 years. Then he had to go and mess up and marry, and didn't reconsider the budget required to keep a Thai woman happy. Poor sap.

There is no amount of money that will keep a woman happy.

Finding that out just cost Jeff Bezos $35,000,000,000 of his Amazon money.

And she's probably still badmouthing him to anyone that will listen.

"He never gave me enough shopping money, he was a lousy lover, he never listened to me, blah, blah"

This proves a sucker is born every minute.  This kind of story will be posted again soon as another farang arrives to Elysium (Thailand) all thunderstruck by love as he is fleeced to his basic organic elements: Carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus.  All that will be left is fertilizer.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:11 AM, Vermaric said:

"He hopes that he will be reunited with her one day", this is such a romantic story! ????

Another example of a farang leaving his brain in left luggage at Suvarnabhumi airport.  

Considering the time of his arrival it must have been Don Muang airport where he accidentally left his brain.

i met up with such a thai hooker, who claimed to have lived in south africa. there married to a professional social worker.  i wondered why her husband had never taken her to school for she was illitrate also in thai. well after having met 3 times she wanted to marry me 5555. i explained to her i  dont pay sin sod, build no house parental land, dont buy her gold, dont support her family, she disappeared  swiftly callin me jai dam, jai kaeng 5555

wbr

roobaa01

Archived