Sarasas Witaed Romklao School - Anybody Know It?

Bredbury Blue

i worked at one. Romklao is one of the worst, its massive and goes through english teachers like no other.

They are nice schools, they spend a lot of money on landscape and swimming pools and such. The education is very thai, the thai teachers don't speak english and the english teachers are predominately illegal's here for easy access to the women, a lot don't care for the students.

If you want a good school for your kid I would look to international schools where the foreign teachers are qualified.

i worked at one. Romklao is one of the worst, its massive and goes through english teachers like no other.

They are nice schools, they spend a lot of money on landscape and swimming pools and such. The education is very thai, the thai teachers don't speak english and the english teachers are predominately illegal's here for easy access to the women, a lot don't care for the students.

If you want a good school for your kid I would look to international schools where the foreign teachers are qualified.

Don't look for recommendations among this lot here. I've tried, and either no one responds, or its some former disgruntled employee with an ax to grind. Things are not as bad that they make them out to be, in most cases. Do your homework. Visit the school, observe a class, investigate the textbooks, interview current teachers, and other parents. In the end, parental involvement is much more important in the education process than any other factor.

Don't look for recommendations among this lot here. I've tried, and either no one responds, or its some former disgruntled employee with an ax to grind. Things are not as bad that they make them out to be, in most cases. Do your homework. Visit the school, observe a class, investigate the textbooks, interview current teachers, and other parents. In the end, parental involvement is much more important in the education process than any other factor.

I work for Sarasas and have done so for two years. Not Romklao but a sister school. I object to comments about 'unqualified' teachers as history has shown me there are just as many bad qualified teachers as there are good unqualified ones. I would, as suggested above, be taking a closer look at the school rather than the teachers. They make the rules, not the teachers. If the school is any good there should not be any 'bad teachers'. But bear in mind they are money making concerns, the bottom line is money, not education.

As so wisely suggested above, do your homework.

Good luck.

Both my sons go to a Saras school, and I have 12 years (qualified) experience.

Sarasas aren't the best, however, international school fees are beyond my means, so a builingual education will suffice. I have spent time at their school, and know enough to be comfortable with idea that my children study there. I also know for a fact, some teachers are unqualified, but are hired, on a case by case basis. With all due respect ThaiFelix, unqualified means illegal, and you really create a dis-service for yourself when you defend such people. You should also be aware that the Sarasas legal team scour such open forums looking for employees such as YOU, who accuse their employers of prioritising financial gains over educational needs.

An important consideration is the child's happiness and welfare, and I would say that my boys are happy in their school.

Bredbury Blue - If you can afford international schools, do. If not, bilingual schools are an attractive alternative to Mathayom only. As a panel member for university admissions, I can reassure you that Sarasas school grads can be just as dynamic as their international school educated peers.

Both my sons go to a Saras school, and I have 12 years (qualified) experience.

Sarasas aren't the best, however, international school fees are beyond my means, so a builingual education will suffice. I have spent time at their school, and know enough to be comfortable with idea that my children study there. I also know for a fact, some teachers are unqualified, but are hired, on a case by case basis. With all due respect ThaiFelix, unqualified means illegal, and you really create a dis-service for yourself when you defend such people. You should also be aware that the Sarasas legal team scour such open forums looking for employees such as YOU, who accuse their employers of prioritising financial gains over educational needs.

An important consideration is the child's happiness and welfare, and I would say that my boys are happy in their school.

Bredbury Blue - If you can afford international schools, do. If not, bilingual schools are an attractive alternative to Mathayom only. As a panel member for university admissions, I can reassure you that Sarasas school grads can be just as dynamic as their international school educated peers.

Thanks for everybody's replies.

We require our kids to go to a bilingual school over an international school for the reason that international school kids lack thai skills (reading / writing) which luuk khrung kids such as mine will ultimatley need when they are competing in the thai jobs market with thai's (although cost is a consideration also).

In the end we have decided to leave him at his current trilingual school (they do chinese as well) for another year as we have since discoved that Prapamontri school (bilingual) is currently building their third school 2 kms away from our house in Bang Plee - it should be open by the time my kids will commence K1 and K3. (We also had concerns that Sarasas is so big compared to his current school that he will just become one of +300 kids in his age group instead of one of 50 kids at his current school).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

• 2 years later...