Kbank International Transfer Experiences

I recently got a notification from Kbank that I am able to do international transfers from the KPlus App on my phone. I was surprised by this as I've always had to do paperwork to get money out of Thailand. 

I emailed customer support and asked what the limits are for these transfers and mentioned that I thought that international transfers were restricted. Their response is below. 

Dear Sir,

According to your enquiry regarding your request we would like to inform you that the maximum limit of the transaction is 1,500,000 Baht per transaction per day (50,000 per transaction per day) and this international fund transfer is include in the K PLUS daily limit.

KASIKORNBANK PCL., is always pleased to be at your service. Should you have any further enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (+66) 2888 8800 or email us at [email protected] 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Yours Sincerely,

K-Contact Center

KASIKORNBANK PCL.

I really can't imagine that it is this simple to move money out of Thailand. I did a test transfer of $100 and it went through just fine at a good rate. 

Does anyone have any additional information on this "new" transfer option? Has anyone had experience transferring larger sums using this method? (Like 1.5M baht in a day)

Any information or discussion is welcomed 

$50k US Dollars or 1.5M baht (it's actually about $48k USD, but I think that is a larger reporting requirement on the bank's end if you go over $50k)

When I have transferred money in previously I was asked by the Kbank transfer office to do less than 2M baht as that was a certain threshold for more reporting on their end.