Healthy eating isn’t just about avoiding meat but having a balanced diet.

snoop1130

Ok, I'm all for not eating meat.

However, vegetables just have no taste.

Take a top tip from a well known doctor, & deep fry everything in Lard.

Deletion in 3...2...1

:cheesy:

555 correction if I may .... Vegetables in America has no taste ;-) .... they just look great ! .... Oh ... and I am no veggie ... Right now I long for a 5 Guys ... or a In and out Burger ....

Ugly looking organically grown vegetables ... have great taste ... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

555 correction if I may .... Vegetables in America has no taste ;-) .... they just look great ! .... Oh ... and I am no veggie ... Right now I long for a 5 Guys ... or a In and out Burger ....

Ugly looking organically grown vegetables ... have great taste ... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
East Europeans all grew up on lard piled on to home bread with a sprinkle of paprika. In fact I still use lard today for all frying and still going strong

Obviously Dr atkins was a big fan.

Sent from my star using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, balo said:

I am almost meat free myself, but I do eat boiled chicken from time to time. What is very important if you go vegetarian is to eat plenty of beans and lentils, because of the high amount of protein. Especially kidney beans contains a lot of it. 

do you use 'beano' or do you 'sing' your wife to sleep at night?

• Haha 2

I think it's more about the logistics and effect of trying to produce enough meat these days for the rapidly expanding global population.

Means more deforestation etc to be able to produce the food required to raise enough livestock. There are other sources of protein though which have a much smaller impact.

For example, cows need to consume approx 8g feed to gain 1g weight whereas insects require 2g feed for every 1g weight gain.

So becoming veggie is not absolutely necessary but a re-think on our protein sources is definitely needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

never take health advise from a magazine...

many healthy foods do not want to be eaten ... they contain chemicals to make most animals sick and infertile... they only have this defence system to teach you and them a lesson

look up oxalates (kidney stone formers, highest in spinach), lectins (makes your gut leaky, ibs, ibd, high in WHEAT, potato, tomato, also know as NIGHTSHADES)

most vegetarians look sickly because of iron and B12 deficiency

sadly most antibiotics in the world are used to FATTEN ANIMALS and make them survive long enough the very BAD living environments before they DROP DEAD of diseases, they got the one way ticket to the slaughterhouse ...  Cows being constantly pregnant to give you the white liquid no other mammal drinks after weaning and certainly not from another animal...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, balo said:

I am almost meat free myself, but I do eat boiled chicken from time to time. What is very important if you go vegetarian is to eat plenty of beans and lentils, because of the high amount of protein. Especially kidney beans contains a lot of it. 

sounds dreadful to me. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, balo said:

Yes, but are you woke?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kevinphall said:

Just a few vegans looking deficient and struggling from lack of protein and looking "weak and sickly".

unnamed.jpg

images (2).jpeg

I didn't give them permission to use my image? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevinphall said:

Just a few vegans looking deficient and struggling from lack of protein and looking "weak and sickly".

unnamed.jpg

images (2).jpeg

What an ugly speciman, he sure would not look out of place with a bra. Even a fat bellied tattooed guy looks better than that.

What a nonsense report. We should be eating more saturated fats, monounsaturated fats & polyunsaturated fats. We should be eliminating ALL trans fats.  To get the good fats you MUST eat meat ( not trimmed of the fat ) fish etc and fruit & veges that give us the mono & poly fats, All the rest is junk and should be avoided at all costs. The human body is designed to be a fat burning furnace, not a carbohydrate furnace. The modern thinking ( not the rubbish in the article ) is that our diets should consist of around 80% fat and 20% carbohydrates, not the other way around. If you want to lose wait, then change to a fat burning diet, AND exercise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kevinphall said:

unnamed.jpg

images (2).jpeg

I didn't know vegansim made you gay????. Think I will stick with meat of the cow variety 

Edited by madmen
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Sorry to see many posts ridiculing healthy eating, particularly red meats.

If you had a condition similar to mine you would be only too happy to accept this advice.

People usually wait until it's too late.

Healthiest person I know eats nothing but red meat. 

• Like 2