Trump launches re-election campaign, presents himself as outsider and victim

webfact

Guest Jerry787

well the only victims are the rest of the world to such insane human being (will i be blocked for have wrote this ? ???? )

indeed most probably he will be re elected, to rush up the end of the globe and to bring much more disgrace to US and the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Not quite capacity.  As has been mentioned, his "sold-out" event had seats available after it had started.

Tens of billions for a wall that wouldn't be built for years under the best of circumstances, that can't physically be located exactly on the border so will leave parts of the US unprotected on the Mexico side of the border (where asylum seekers can easily reach US territory) and has a lot of other problems because it "might" have saved a child.  Is that your argument?

You and Trump don't seem to understand that the US doesn't have unlimited resources, so it needs to spend where it can get the most good from the money spent.  There are countless better things to do with the money than build a useless wall.

I understand that there were loads of people waiting outside to get in, so I don't know if that is right. It was on the radio yesterday morning.

Hardly a single child. I understand lots of people die in the desert.

Actually there is no need for a real wall, Lots of razor wire would do just as good a job. So, I agree with you about the wall. 

Indeed, the US doesn't have limitless resources, so perhaps you should be worrying about Trump's desire to put a man/ woman on Mars.

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I would say you're projecting, but I doubt that it's true even in your case. But if it is true, what kind of patriot runs away when the American he loves so dearly is endangered by "the man-defaming pestilence of feminism, the stifling political-correctness, and masochistic immigration policies" "Now is the time for all good men....

LOL. PC/ feminism is so ingrained where I am that there is as much chance of changing it as of holding back the tide.

However, re the OP, I don't know why Trump even bothers having a re election campaign. The resistance do such a great job of publicising him at every opportunity he doesn't need to spend a cent on a campaign. On election day, if the economy is doing well, and he hasn't lost any wars, he's a shoo in.

I guess he just likes having those rallies with so many thousands of people having a great time.

39 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

What's wrong with a newspaper being avowedly Christian and conservative? Makes a welcome change from the biased, self-serving "progressive" propaganda churned out most of the mass media.

Most people see a difference between being Christian and being a Moonie.  The latter is a weird form of Christianity known for mass weddings of strangers.  Do you consider that conservative?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I understand that there were loads of people waiting outside to get in, so I don't know if that is right. It was on the radio yesterday morning.

Hardly a single child. I understand lots of people die in the desert.

Actually there is no need for a real wall, Lots of razor wire would do just as good a job. So, I agree with you about the wall. 

Indeed, the US doesn't have limitless resources, so perhaps you should be worrying about Trump's desire to put a man/ woman on Mars.

When Trump starts robbing money from congressionally mandated purposes to send someone to Mars I'll worry about that.  Until then, I ignore the BS that is obviously another case of him engaging his mouth without engaging his brain, and worry about bad ideas that he is actually pushing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, heybruce said:

When Trump starts robbing money from congressionally mandated purposes to send someone to Mars I'll worry about that.  Until then, I ignore the BS that is obviously another case of him engaging his mouth without engaging his brain, and worry about bad ideas that he is actually pushing.

Don't worry, be happy. You can't change him, and he is going to be president for another 5 1/2 years IMO, so just lay back and think happy thoughts. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump had a capacity crowd in the arena which can hold 22,000 people and more outside.

Joe had 6,000 at his launch, according to The Atlantic.

The arena can hold 22,000, but how many actually attended?

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't worry, be happy. You can't change him, and he is going to be president for another 5 1/2 years IMO, so just lay back and think happy thoughts. 

Is there a brain to engage?

Just now, heybruce said:

Most people see a difference between being Christian and being a Moonie.  The latter is a weird form of Christianity known for mass weddings of strangers.  Do you consider that conservative?

By "conservative", I obviously was referring to the newspaper's political stance. 

You clearly cannot substantiate your claim "most people think there is a difference between being Christian and being a Moonie".  But, just to put the record straight, members of the Unfication Church worship the same God as do Christians.

The movement was founded by a North Korean Christian Sunday school teacher after having a vision of Jesus. Daring to preach his new style of Christianity - based on the importance of marriage and family values - earned Sun Myung Moon a five-year sentence in a labour camp.

There are no "mass weddings of strangers". The vast majority of the participants in these multiple marriage ceremonies are already affianced, though couples from arranged marriages are also welcomed. Sounds like a victory for tolerance and practicality to me.

I gather the derogatory term "Moonie" was coined by the same downmarket mass media which bandies around words like "cult" and "weird".  Perhaps you should consider changing your reading habits.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

The arena can hold 22,000, but how many actually attended?

Looked pretty full to me. More waiting outside too.

If his base is the only thing he needs to win, he's already won. Do any of the Dem candidates have a base like he does? If so, they aren't very big.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

What an inane statement. Muslims worship the same god as Christians also.

Nobody said they didn't. Next time, try reading the relevant correspondence before pitching in your irrelevant six penn'orth.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, it's impossible for me to "be happy" about Trump and friends undermining democracy and the US Constitution.

5 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

By "conservative", I obviously was referring to the newspaper's political stance. 

You clearly cannot substantiate your claim "most people think there is a difference between being Christian and being a Moonie".  But, just to put the record straight, members of the Unfication Church worship the same God as do Christians.

The movement was founded by a North Korean Christian Sunday school teacher after having a vision of Jesus. Daring to preach his new style of Christianity - based on the importance of marriage and family values - earned Sun Myung Moon a five-year sentence in a labour camp.

There are no "mass weddings of strangers". The vast majority of the participants in these multiple marriage ceremonies are already affianced, though couples from arranged marriages are also welcomed. Sounds like a victory for tolerance and practicality to me.

I gather the derogatory term "Moonie" was coined by the same downmarket mass media which bandies around words like "cult" and "weird".  Perhaps you should consider changing your reading habits.

I'm with you on downmarket mass media which bandies words like "little Marco", "sleepy Joe", "lyin Ted", etc.  What kind of infantile mind thinks up these things?  What kind of infantile mind likes to hear them?

However the term Moonies is decades old and generally accepted to describe the followers of Rev Moon.  Regarding it being a cult, well (hears a Reagan quote I'm sure you'll like) "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...".

"When Moon was alive, his followers - dubbed "Moonies" by critics - were often personally matched by him.

He sometimes preferred cross-cultural marriages, arguing that in God's eyes there were no such things as nationality or skin colour and believed that they were a way to promote peace.

This meant couples sometimes shared no common language."   https://news.sky.com/story/thousands-of-moonies-marry-at-unification-church-mass-wedding-in-south-korea-11024056

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Looked pretty full to me. More waiting outside too.

If his base is the only thing he needs to win, he's already won. Do any of the Dem candidates have a base like he does? If so, they aren't very big.

A youtube video from "The Late Show" of video taken inside the rally while Trump was speaking.  Between 6:25 and 6:35 you can see many rows of empty seats.   https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+late+show+with+stephen+colbert+jill+newslady+jim+anchorton+trump&view=detail&mid=8F9D1185A8AA08B2CEAD8F9D1185A8AA08B2CEAD&FORM=VIRE

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'm with you on downmarket mass media which bandies words like "little Marco", "sleepy Joe", "lyin Ted", etc.  What kind of infantile mind thinks up these things?  What kind of infantile mind likes to hear them?

However the term Moonies is decades old and generally accepted to describe the followers of Rev Moon.  Regarding it being a cult, well (hears a Reagan quote I'm sure you'll like) "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...".

"When Moon was alive, his followers - dubbed "Moonies" by critics - were often personally matched by him.

He sometimes preferred cross-cultural marriages, arguing that in God's eyes there were no such things as nationality or skin colour and believed that they were a way to promote peace.

This meant couples sometimes shared no common language."   https://news.sky.com/story/thousands-of-moonies-marry-at-unification-church-mass-wedding-in-south-korea-11024056

Thank you for the additional information about the Unification Church. The more I hear the more I like the sound of it.

• Confused 1

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, webfact said:

"Together we stared down a broken political establishment and we restored government by and for the people," Trump said. "As long as you keep this team in place, we have a tremendous way to go.

Typical and interesting use of "we" by Trump. Normally it's me, myself and I.

But then he is trying to energize his redneck base by including them as a "team".

And they're stupid enough to get sucked in by this carnival king.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, pegman said:

These are the real victims of the American mafia government system. 

Yep, they've been hoodwinked.

The coming civil war in the Democratic Party won't be pretty

It is OK, by the way, to be a party of and for the affluent, but at least don’t simultaneously pretend to be the party of the little guy.

Saritha Prabhu, Columnist

https://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/columnists/2019/06/21/democratic-party-civil-war-donald-trump/1503516001/

On 6/21/2019 at 7:29 AM, heybruce said:

And do not overlook that the other nationality gets US citizenship.  I recall a massive wedding in Madison Square Garden in the 1980s, but there were probably other such as well.  I don't know if this is directly connected, but I was in the DC area a few years back and couldn't help noticing an abundance of Korean Christian churches.

There is some sort of connection with the GOP and Moon.  I supposed it had something to do with promoting anti-communism in S. Korea and keeping tight bonds between the 2 countries.  Within a few months after leaving the WH in 1993 HW Bush went on a tour of S. America promoting Moon. 

3 hours ago, neeray said:

But then he is trying to energize his redneck base by including them as a "team".

Something about the DT fans is they think they are going to get special treatment because they voted for him and sport his bumper stickers etc.  I've tried to talk to some of these people (really I have!).  There's this sort of Santa Claus thing, that whatever is they think is wrong with "the way things are" he's going to fix it, and Santa knows what it is you want.  One old gal said it wasn't fair the way people can get elected for one term and be eligible for a pension, and that had to do with her support of him.  I had to figure it out, and she was right but it only applied to US senators; I wondered where she got that, I guess from someone like Glen Beck.  Fat chance that's gonna change, lady!

Someone was going through farm country interviewing supporters, and disappointed people losing out in these trade wars were saying "this is supposed to be happening to us" (there's that us again).

6 hours ago, neeray said:

Thank you for providing us with a textbook example of bigotry. 

I have always felt that bigots are accomplishing nothing more than highlighting their own ignorance and usually damaging their own credibility.

In my opinion, every time an anti-Trump bigot exposes themself as nothing more than an ignorant bigot, it is another win for Trump’s team (even those of us you classify as stupid and rednecks), so thanks for today’s win, the daily winning never gets tiresome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

I have always felt that bigots are accomplishing nothing more than highlighting their own ignorance and usually damaging their own credibility.

In my opinion, every time an anti-Trump bigot exposes themself as nothing more than an ignorant bigot, it is another win for Trump’s team (even those of us you classify as stupid and rednecks), so thanks for today’s win, the daily winning never gets tiresome.

So bigots highlight their ignorance, hence anti-trumpers are bigots.

Agree with you, calling others bigots shows nothing but ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

Are you saying that all persons who are anti Trump are bigots?

If so I believe it shows a very poor aptitude for reasoned debate, and reflects poorly on you

Political ideas are formed through reasoned debate, and lowering oneself to name calling about those who hold opposing views is not reasoned logical debate.

Or freedom of speech

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2