Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

rooster59

What an uplifting honest and interesting read. Makes a refreshing change from the usual political dross filling the newspapers at the mo. 

Thanks for sharing. If reading your story doesn’t make people have a second thought about their life and take stock then nothing will. Very humbling. 

All the very best to you both. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

The shirtless look suits ya Col!!

emoji108.pngemoji108.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The are 2 reasons for no shirt, first 1, it is damned hard work getting a shirt on/off/

Second reason the upper part of my body where i have feelings is so very sensitive now, wearing a shirt is so uncomfortable. only wear a shirt when i go out the gate.

Now some people will think why is it difficult putting a shirt on, well as i have no balance i fall over  very easily.

Edited by colinneil

Be buggered bacon butties, 

crazy farang on a scooter,

stabbed, robbed and ripped off,

a constitution of stone!

Be around for the Mars landing colinneil,

I look forward to your post.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Colin may well find himself facing requests for visitation after this article, if not because he is a genuine decent fellow, then for further elaboration on his 'ménage à trois huit'....

Let's hope he doesn't set up an online booking system like the Vientiane embassy...

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Free entrance for over 65s, but must be with both parents.

I seem to remember a similar offer was mentioned in the Two Ronnies regarding a cinema in Peebles 555 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Haha 2

A remarkable show of courage and stamina by both Colin and his wife.It is stories like this that I refer myself back to when I think things are getting difficult.Thank you Colin and your wife for being.Before I read Colin's story I would often refer to Sir Douglas Mawson's story of survival in the Antarctic,but Colin does better by over coming the greatest hurdle in life,for when death came for him Colin says not now I'm busy!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No photos of my wife, if you look at the article there are no names mentioned, only mine.

When i told my wife about Roosters visit, she clearly said, do not mention my name, do not ask for any photos.

As my wife was not home during Roosters visit, i did not get nagged at to put a shirt on.

As i have previously mentioned, my upper body is extremely sensitive now since my accident, and wearing a shirt is damned uncomfortable, also as i have already said, i have no balance what so ever, i cannot sit on a dining chair, because i would fall off, notice in the bedroom photo, my bed has safety rails.

Fairy nuff.

Do you have to go to immigration once a year?

Must be hard to occupy the days, unless you have lots of visitors, good luck.

Do you speak Isarn?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

I didnt exactly get a free house, when i came back the house was 70% complete, up to that point my wife paid, after that point i paid, so i in effect paid about 30.%

Sound like the good deal.

• Like 1

Excellent article, and a truly inspirational story.  Keep it up Colin.  Looking at the pictures, I just have one concern though.  What have you done with the pink POTY tights, man?  They appear to have been turned into some sort of blanket.

• Haha 2