Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

On 6/26/2019 at 2:16 PM, jak2002003 said:

And what are the goods the EU will want from the UK, that they can't get from any other country?  I don't think we make much anymore do we?

Guiness and Cheddar. Oh wait, Guiness is from Dublin, main land Ireland which is EU and not UK ... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Please expand on that - where - what do you do?

No. 

Its off topic. 

Though i have on many occasions made clear my chosen career in different threads. 

Do your research. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

That's because there are very few leave voters in labour - especially for no deal 

partyshifts.jpg?itok=GXDYbfbP

Correct as regarding Labour members,but not so regarding Labour voters.

The vast majority of those in the North are definitely Brexit supporters.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, elliss said:

Wont affect expats, directly or indirectly .

Yorkshire forums , would be more suited , for your opinions..

You obviously missed the section “ due to the over fishing in Our territorial waters by the E.u. fishing fleet”

1B2725B2-72CE-44CC-B38C-3D9A6B2E9AE9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Enki said:

Guiness and Cheddar. Oh wait, Guiness is from Dublin, main land Ireland which is EU and not UK ... 

Actually,I think you will find that the largest Guinness brewery was situated in the U.K. although it’s now the headquarters  Nigeria has the second. Ireland the third. Interestingly Guinness is part of the British Diageo group.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wilcopops said:

You just don't get it? In three years there is one item of "positive" news and Brexiteers cling to it as if it was there last glass of drinkable water........

"In three years there is one item of positive news"

I can't take you seriously if you say ridiculous things like that. 

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

Correct as regarding Labour members,but not so regarding Labour voters.

The vast majority of those in the North are definitely Brexit supporters.

it's taken from a Yougov survey done a month ago of members of the public, broken down by how they voted in 2017 not of lab members 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

<snip>

We had better not talk about Landrover choosing to build their electric cars in the UK, protecting thousands of jobs.

Announced all over the  UK media. Just one example, from the BBC: Jaguar Land Rover announces electric car investment

Yet more proof that those Brexiteers who claim the UK MSM are biased and ignore good economic news are, to be charitable, blinkered!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nontabury said:

According to today’s Yorkshire regional T.V. What now remains of the Yorkshire fishing fleet is about to collapse, due to the overfishing of Our territorial waters by the E.u. fleet. But don’t you worry your little head, as I don’t suppose it will directly effect you. 

I live in S.E. England, but travel all over the UK for work, often staying overnight.

I was recently watching a Calendar item in my room in a small hotel in Paull which said that it was EU quotas which had prevented the North Sea from being overfished to extinction.

Of course, YTV, like most UK broadcast media, do present both sides.

Those who would have us believe the UK fishing industry has been destroyed by the EU should read Statistics show where UK vessels fish and what is landed from our waters

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

Boris Johnson demands immigrants learn English
https://mol.im/a/7216475

Would be good if Brits living abroad would do the same, there are parts of Spain that resemble Butlins.

Most Brits abroad already speak english, not sure of the point of your post other than to bait. Has it anything to do with the topic?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Announced all over the  UK media. Just one example, from the BBC: Jaguar Land Rover announces electric car investment

Yet more proof that those Brexiteers who claim the UK MSM are biased and ignore good economic news are, to be charitable, blinkered!

"JLR announced in January that it would cut 4,500 jobs, mostly in the UK, adding to 1,500 redundancies in 2018. The company, owned by Indian conglomerate Tata, has previously warned that a no-deal Brexit could cost it up to £1.2bn a year."

Do you think that the possible jobs created by making electric cars will offset this?

Most Brits abroad already speak english, not sure of the point of your post other than to bait. Has it anything to do with the topic?

If you find ignorance as bait that is your problem, locals find it highly insulting that the level of Spanish of Brits is una cerveza por favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

If you find ignorance as bait that is your problem, locals find it highly insulting that the level of Spanish of Brits is una cerveza por favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Still doesn't explain what the hell this has to do with Brexit and the possible level of tariffs set upon the UK post Brexit, therefore one can only conclude that you are a troll.

Edited by petemoss
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, petemoss said:

"JLR announced in January that it would cut 4,500 jobs, mostly in the UK, adding to 1,500 redundancies in 2018. The company, owned by Indian conglomerate Tata, has previously warned that a no-deal Brexit could cost it up to £1.2bn a year."

Do you think that the possible jobs created by making electric cars will offset this?

I doubt it will save all the lost UK jobs, but it will save some.

Particularly if UK manufacturers take up Dr. Speth's call to produce the fuel cells for the batteries here instead of, as currently, importing them from China and elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

I doubt it will save all the lost UK jobs, but it will save some.

Particularly if UK manufacturers take up Dr. Speth's call to produce the fuel cells for the batteries here instead of, as currently, importing them from China and elsewhere.  

Brexit has put the UK labour force's back against the wall, fighting a rearguard action on job losses. What job creation is taking place is just an offset to the overall flow.

Once the UK is out of the single market it will not make logistical sense for a company to manufacture in the UK and then export, as opposed to what is currently a domestic sale.

Profit is a significant driving force and the fall in sterling has made a huge impact, as the years go bye foreign companies will be looking at options that will provide a better return. Because they haven't come out and said so the brexiteers will keep their head in the sand believing it will never happen, they have to cling on to something.

Just glad that my time on the planet is nearly over.

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Brexit has put the UK labour force's back against the wall, fighting a rearguard action on job losses. What job creation is taking place is just an offset to the overall flow.

Once the UK is out of the single market it will not make logistical sense for a company to manufacture in the UK and then export, as opposed to what is currently a domestic sale.

Profit is a significant driving force and the fall in sterling has made a huge impact, as the years go bye foreign companies will be looking at options that will provide a better return. Because they haven't come out and said so the brexiteers will keep their head in the sand believing it will never happen, they have to cling on to something.

Just glad that my time on the planet is nearly over.

Ever the brexiters tame economist, professor Minford, said brexit would destroy almost all manufacturing jobs, so it's only to be expected.

I'm not convinced service jobs can fill  in the slack  for all those made unemployed through this.   

• Like 1