Kor ror 22 problem ,any advice?

Hi

today i went to get my kor ror 22 ,we were married in the uk 20 years ago ,all the paperwork done translations ,authentications all ok ,the when we sat down with the girl ,she noticed that my marriage certificate has my middle names in it ,but my passport only has my christian name and surname ,so said that she could give us a kor ror 22 but only for marriage but not mention the passport and that might be a problem at immigration ,will it be ? any advice gladly accepted ,by the way my passport is only four years old .

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't understand what difference it makes for the registration with you middle name not being on your passport.

I don't really think immigration will notice it. 

I find it odd your middle name doesn't have your middle name on on it,

thanks for the quick reply , no its my passport does not have my middle name ,i never ever use them ,cant even remember why i put them on my marriage certificate , it was so long ago .

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:33 PM, bert bloggs said:

thanks for the quick reply , no its my passport does not have my middle name ,i never ever use them ,cant even remember why i put them on my marriage certificate , it was so long ago .

You have now changed your name. You now do not have a middle name.

Possibly you put your birth names on your marriage certificate because you hadn't changed them at that point. 

It doesn't matter how your birth certificate reads the name on your passport is now your official name until or unless you change it again.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

I don't understand what difference it makes for the registration with you middle name not being on your passport.

In Thailand, I have had issues when I opened a bank account with my middle name included in the account name, and then tried to deposit crossed cheques that were made out to me without the middle name. Although I have an unusual surname, and I am sure the combination of my first/last name is unique in Thailand, on one occasion I actually had to go back and get a new cheque as the bank would not accept the original with middle name omitted.

I think the issue often here in Thailand is that Thais are not used to people having middle names. This leads them to the conclusion that you are not the same person unless all middle names are included. I would not be surprised if there are problems anywhere dealing with officialdom in Thailand if there is a discrepancy between middle names included or omitted.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

I don't really think immigration will notice it. 

I find it odd your middle name doesn't have your middle name on on it,

When my wife and I went to register our marriage 6 years ago now, I had one of those, OH HELL NO, moments when the lady rejected our paperwork because on one of the forms I had what was on my passport, full name, first, middle, last but on another form I had only first name, middle initial and last. She required I go back to the translator and change the one with only the middle initial making them all the same. That seems to be the end game here. Evrything on all forms for whatever it is you are applying for must have the same info...Bureaucrats....

Just now, armadillo215 said:

When my wife and I went to register our marriage 6 years ago now, I had one of those, OH HELL NO, moments when the lady rejected our paperwork because on one of the forms I had what was on my passport, full name, first, middle, last but on another form I had only first name, middle initial and last. She required I go back to the translator and change the one with only the middle initial making them all the same. That seems to be the end game here. Evrything on all forms for whatever it is you are applying for must have the same info...Bureaucrats....

OH, and by the way, you're probably right as they are two different agencies.

from my 1rst european marriage i kept my double surname, marrying my thai wife 25 yrs ago. later on i changed back to my family name, whereas my thai wife  retained my double name . the double name appears in our thai marriage documents. in order to avoid immigration problems i had a name change certificate issued from my home town which i had translated and certified by the thai ministry of foreign affairs.

wbr

roobaa01

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 4:33 PM, bert bloggs said:

Probably because when you married, you provided your Birth Certificate and thus your Marriage Certificate detailed your full name.   I am in a similar situation, in that my passport doesn't include my middle name.   This was of no consequence when I did an extension through marriage earlier this year.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, pagallim said:

Probably because when you married, you provided your Birth Certificate and thus your Marriage Certificate detailed your full name.   I am in a similar situation, in that my passport doesn't include my middle name.   This was of no consequence when I did an extension through marriage earlier this year.

Sorry its taken so long lol ,which immigration office was this .

by the way your assumption was right i did give them my birth certificate .