Thai immigration stinks

Sadly this is becoming a common theme here at TV, Thai immigration seem to be on some hidden agenda or secret mission to destroy years of hard work and I mean the tourism industry , the best way is to try and get the media in your home country to portray Thailand as a back water holiday destination,  then get a take and put it on social media under Prayut -o -Cha's name. 

9 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Thai immigration seem to be on some hidden agenda

Only the Bangkok airports chiefly. Perhaps they receive a cut off of Thai Elite revenue. Maybe it is something else. But you are right, it is certainly a hidden agenda. It is not spelled out publicly either through policy announcements, police orders or legislation. It is neither enforced nor even known about at other entry points. The whole thing is opaque. Usually, in Thailand, when dealing with the public sector that means protection of untaxed income streams. 

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

This is disgusting. If you can get the media to take up your story, in your position I would risk it. Make sure you do not embellish the facts when dealing with the media as that could land you in trouble. Otherwise, you have no practical way of fighting this. Immigration at some of the airports have increasingly become a law unto themselves, with no control from above.

My Thai friend applied for a 3 month Visa to the US which after a lot of paperwork and cost was granted. Upon arrival in the US she was informed that her visa was revoked. Without any explanation she got put in detention until the next flight left for Thailand. She still has no information why despite a Visa she was refused entry.

It is far from just Thailand where immigration personal seems to make decisions based on their own views and not the governing laws.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

My Thai friend applied for a 3 month Visa to the US which after a lot of paperwork and cost was granted. Upon arrival in the US she was informed that her visa was revoked.

There is a time limit for the use of a visa. Did she wait too long?

• Confused 1

Only 25k , why didn't they carry credit cards, should be more than enough. I suspect there is more to this story. 

Some people don't have credit cards out of choice! I refuse to have one and pay with cash or debit card. Not everyone believes in credit and only buy things they have the money to pay for!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

Some people don't have credit cards out of choice! I refuse to have one and pay with cash or debit card. Not everyone believes in credit and only buy things they have the money to pay for!

Having and using credit cards has nothing to do with running up debt or paying interest at extortionate levels. My current account is set to pay off my credit cards right away when I use them, before any interest is incurred. But not having a credit card can be a real headache when it's the only payment option on flight booking websites etc, or needing a cash advance from a bank in an unfamiliar country. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

think the ammount required is 20k so they had enough money without any cards.....

It is all moot because now at the BKK airports, they generally don't ask to see cash. They just deny based on passport history and put "no means of supporting oneself" ไม่มีปัจจัยยังชีพ as the reason. This is because "lengthy stays in the Kingdom" is not a valid legal way to deny entry.

4 hours ago, chainarong said:

Sadly this is becoming a common theme here at TV, Thai immigration seem to be on some hidden agenda or secret mission to destroy years of hard work and I mean the tourism industry , the best way is to try and get the media in your home country to portray Thailand as a back water holiday destination,  then get a take and put it on social media under Prayut -o -Cha's name.  

I think you have right about immigration, is very strange this attitude, secret mission destroy tourism industry? see news from Paris Thai Embassy ask now for tourists will go Thailand. Now, why choice Thailand for vacancy when so many country is so easy go.

The passport (original and a photocopy of the passport). The passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of departure
    A completed form (signed and dated only by applicant)
    A photo ID in color
    A photocopy of a residence permit (only for holders of travel documents and foreigners who have residence in France) or the proof of address for European passports (EDF or telecom invoice)
    A photocopy of the air ticket reservation with the details (ticket entering and leaving Thai territory within less than 90 days)
    A photocopy of the financial statement (currency in euro), the recent bank account statement (less than 30 days from the date of deposit) with a minimum amount of 1000 € per applicant (The copy of bank statement printed on the the internet is not admissible, otherwise, this copy must be signed and stamped by the bank) or a bank certificate signed and stamped by the bank. A photocopy of the family record book is required if the bank account statement is not in the name of the applicant, under 20 years of age.
    The first 7 nights accommodation booking if your stay is greater than or equal to 7 nights ** In case you stay in Thailand less than 7 nights, the entire accommodation reservation is requested for your stay. *** In case you are hosted by people with residence in Thailand: The letter of invitation with a photocopy of his signed ID, as well as the house register the rental agreement, rent receipt, gas bill or electricity.
    The sum of 30 € (cash only)
    Calling appointments.

Edited by ICELANDMAN

17 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I still don't believe they would do that. Deport someone they didn't like, yes. Use words like that is very unlikely though.

Something is off about this story.

They are doing it to plenty of people - both Black and White

I think the OP needs to read the numerous threads about people being denied entry before playing the racism card and let's be honest Black people do like to play that card as soon as anything goes wrong

• Like 1

Thank You for all the responses and views.

After Also talking to many of My contacts - i believe the following happened.

The immigration officers saw them as an easy target for getting money under the table as they believed them rich as the sisters have visiterad me twice during an 18 month period and lived with us in Prachuap. As No payment under the table was offered - the immigration officers had to invent an excuse to expel them.

As this matter is now under the attention of a Very high ranking officer - The matter is closed by me.

After 15 years in Thailand i am learning something New every Day.

And to My big surprise- an unofficial apology was sent by an intermediary of this hight ranking I.O.

Thanks everyone for giving Good advice and views on My input.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

They are doing it to plenty of people - both Black and White

I think the OP needs to read the numerous threads about people being denied entry before playing the racism card and let's be honest Black people do like to play that card as soon as anything goes wrong

I disagree , Black people do seem to be treated differently in Thailand to non Blacks 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maestro said:

This is what the OP wrote:

"Of course They refused to sign and were then told They would be detained and brought to prison, at that point we managed to contact them but the immigration refused to talk to both me and the two sisters.

The sisters were later put on a nightflight back to Doha/Nairobi. And Migration officer Also Said that They don't talk to monkeys (!)"

My knowledge of the English language is insufficient to figure out in the conversation with whom an immigration official allegedly referred to the two ladies as monkeys.

Considering that they're already talking to the two colored ladies, there's a very high possibility that the monkey was somebody else.

• Like 1

Sounds plausible. My wife's Taiwanese friend visited last week and stayed with us. She works in Ethiopia for a Chinese company and was flying here on the way home. She was stopped by IO at Suvarnabhumi and questioned, they seemed bewildered that she actually worked in Ethiopia and kept questioning why she was here and why she hadn't booked her final flight from BKK to Taipei for later that week.  

In the end they let her call my wife who had to send her a photo of her Thai ID card to show the IO to almost act as a guarantor that she will book her flight and leave in a few days. Very strange. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaksint said:

As this matter is now under the attention of a Very high ranking officer - The matter is closed by me.

Since the OP has stated the above IMO this topic can now be closed.

Topic :mfr_closed1:

• Like 2