TM30-- what do when return from abroad, online filing

Please excuse – I couldn’t find the answers in the many threads.

I filed TM30 on Thursday at CW (while doing retirement extension) with form filled by landlady and required documents and got a receipt.

I understand I must file TM30 within 24 days each time I return from abroad even if my address remains the same, correct?

I’m going abroad and returning July 26. Seems I won’t get online registration done by then. What to do? Mail in the form postmarked by July 27? And do I again include all the supporting documents that I already gave to CW, or only the TM30 form?

When I register for online filing, I send those exact same documents again? Or am I already in the system and can just request a username and password? And it’s okay for me to register in my name even though TM30 form was filled by landlady?

The IO told me the form must be filled out by landlady, not me. However, I can’t trust her to do the reporting, so I plan to have her fill out several copies and I file them when needed.

Thank you.

OP ... I cant guarantee if this will work as CW have only recently started to require tm30. My plan is to make sure I file a tm30 prior any need to attend CW. For me that is once a year for annual extension. I plan to do that by mail as possessor to avoid needed owner/manager of condo involved. Presently registering online seems not a straightforward process esp with only an android. Travelling to CW is a chore and that's just to get there

Edited by DrJack54

When I extended my visa in March my wife had a conversation with the I/0 about the TM30. He said that at their immigration office they didn't need them, so not to bother.

I have an awful feeling that next time I appear before them they will ask why I have not been filing them.

I am thinking about changing visas to a simple non-O multi-entry since I rarely file any 90 days reports, because I generally travel frequently. It seems a better option and gets me out of this new health insurance racket. 

When you register for online filing you should upload picture of your passport (face page) and the tabian ban for where you live (yellow tabian ban if you have one otherwise the landlord's blue on).

If you have to mail in a TM30 attach photocopy of your passport face page, most recent extension of stay and arrival card (TM6) and to be safe also attach whatever you use as proof of address (tabian ban, lease etc)

6 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I have an awful feeling that next time I appear before them they will ask why I have not been filing them.

I have seen many different reports about what Chaeng Wattana wants.

Some people on long stay extensions have been told that they only need to do one TM30 report for their residence. No need for another one until you change addresses.

I suggest you file one before doing your extension application.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen many different reports about what Chaeng Wattana wants.

Some people on long stay extensions have been told that they only need to do one TM30 report for their residence. No need for another one until you change addresses.

I suggest you file one before doing your extension application.

Do you (and DrJack) mean don't file any more TM30s until 24 hours after the arrival back in country that is closest to my next retirement extension deadline, in a year's time? Is that what you and most others plan to do?

I travel abroad several times a year. You don't think that during next extension, CW IO may ask why I didn't file TM30 after each trip, which are in Immigration records? I want to avoid any problems for next extension.

9 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Do you (and DrJack) mean don't file any more TM30s until 24 hours after the arrival back in country that is closest to my next retirement extension deadline, in a year's time? Is that what you and most others plan to do?

I travel abroad several times a year. You don't think that during next extension, CW IO may ask why I didn't file TM30 after each trip, which are in Immigration records? I want to avoid any problems for next extension.

The only reason I'm leaving the tm30 till my last entry into los prior to my visit to CW for extension is that my passport will show date of my most entry. Like you, I exit los many times and never need to do 90 day report. I don't know CW attitude to trips away from residence inside Thailand.

I guess in the end its only 800baht fine (few reports), but its more the extra time doing it at CW on the day of extension.

36 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

I am just stating what others have been told by CW immigration.

If you have never done one then you will likely be asked to one before they do your extension. They only want at least one done according to reports.

16 minutes ago, adwbkk said:

Am I wrong in thinking that the TM30 is the responsibility of the Landlord and not the expat (tenant)?

It can be both.

As the tenant you are considered to be the possessor of the residence being reported.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am just stating what others have been told by CW immigration.

If you have never done one then you will likely be asked to one before they do your extension. They only want at least one done according to reports.

I filed TM30 last week at CW. My concern is what to do re TM30 so that I am in a no-hassle position when I extension retirement stay again, a year from now.

If no trouble, can you point me to posts where other retirees were told they needed to file only once, unless their address changes, even if they travel away from home?

20 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

I filed TM30 last week at CW. My concern is what to do re TM30 so that I am in a no-hassle position when I extension retirement stay again, a year from now.

If no trouble, can you point me to posts where other retirees were told they needed to file only once, unless their address changes, even if they travel away from home?

What I would like to see is a report along lines .. "I did a tm30 couple of months back. Since then have exited and reentered thailand, as indicated by my last entry stamp. I did not file a tm30 and all was good for my 12 month extension today". Russian Roulette.

It would be nice to know if next time I go to do a TM30 is do I just need to fill in the TM30 form or will I be expected to bring along the same documentation as I did last/first time I did it. 

The online reporting is still waiting to be approved almost 2 weeks on, so I expect to go again. 

8 hours ago, berybert said:

It would be nice to know if next time I go to do a TM30 is do I just need to fill in the TM30 form or will I be expected to bring along the same documentation as I did last/first time I did it. 

The online reporting is still waiting to be approved almost 2 weeks on, so I expect to go again. 

Pretty sure you would require the same documentation. You know how it works, forget something and that is what will be required. Only if you time it to be late on a Friday afternoon do they loosen up.